Azteca, post game [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by jamison, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FC Funkotron

FC Funkotron Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Austin, El Paso, New York
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this was my first cap and it was an amazing experience.
    Besides being hit in the face a few times with beer and a guy near me almost getting pelted by a rock..it's sort of what I expected. The whole exist strategy was amazing...Police buses for the win!

2. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nice little comments we have here... here's a little video i took...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9CGL72ums"]YouTube - Gringos singing at Insurgentes station in Mexico City - MEXICO 2 - USA 1[/ame]

here's some pics i took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Omar

Omar Hurrrrr....

Nov 23, 2007
    Monterrey MEX
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    So your apology was insincere?

Your posts are trolling. Stop or your ability to post here will be removed. Thanks.

5. raikko

raikko New Member

May 18, 2009

I admit my first comment was rude ... but my second comment what´s wrong with it ??? please let me know

6. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    People complaining about beer showers?

Seriously?

NEWSFLASH!!

We all were showered by beer, water, soda, unidentified objects.. Mexico's second goal had many people going crazy..

But hey What can you expect here?

The question I will ask now is..

How did you like the REAL FUTBOL passion, that is lived in other places..

Classless fans? LOL.. Dont be pu$$ies..

7. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Did everyone expect a baseball crowd? :confused:

This is what happens in soccer loving nations all over the world, nothing new. Mexican fans get worse treatment in Central America.

8. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Futbol? Are you serious? Lets be honest. The Mexico-USA Rivalry is about much more than soccer. Its really about the relationship between the two countries and the USA having a better national team then the Mexicans.

Seems like most belligerent fans there that were doing the heckling were a lot of pissed of people just trying to let out their anger in a mob-like atmosphere.

To me, a pu$$y is someone who throws something from 100 feet away protected by a police line.

9. atlantefc

atlantefc Member

Jul 18, 2006
    F*dabig4neveryleague
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL ... wha did you guys expect at azteca? a Metz Yankees type of atmosphere? all seating on their butts and eating hot dogs? LOL

this is football not NBA :rolleyes:

imagine if they had to go play in argentina or chile....:rolleyes:

10. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So you think its something other that futbol matters?

Thats the problem then... Have you asked them why are they throwing liquids at you..

You dont have any sense about what a futbol atmosphere is like..

It was said here it was way worse in Guate last year for you guys..

You guys got stop complaining.. I could mostly garantee you that you might even put this as an excuse as to why the Nads lost yesterday.

You guys complained last time cuz you guys were seated on the lower bowl, and your embassy nows puts you way the fcuk on top and you guys still complain..

11. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Let me get this straight, you went to Mexico city......where you could have had some of the best tacos or mexican food in general. But you went to eat at mcdonalds.

Talk about Fail.

I live in the states and I don't eat there. It's the worst food ever, it gives a bad name to hamburgers everywhere.

12. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you should see a therapist. Or a doctor. :)

13. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone really ate at Mickey deez lol?

I expected all of the garbage throwing though. Happens everywhere that fans are passionate (not an excuse for it) about the game. I was in Guatemala last year and it was worse IMO. The only thing I noticed is that some of the Mexicans REALLY hate the US. I heard all sorts of stuff from them concerning politics and racism which let me know that it's more than football to some of them. Also all of the Mexican locals I talked to said only numbnuts go to the games and to be careful so I knew not to stereotype all of them. Outside of the stadium they were all very nice and helpful people. I don't understand why the US media tries to brainwash us not to go out there. Felt like downtown LA to me and I walked around the city with no problem.

This trip was one of the best times of my life regardless. Met some really cool people and had a blast with all of yal. That goal was an amazing feeling and was worth the trip alone. Hope to see some of you guys in Salt Lake.

14. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea
    I have been to games in foreign countries, and there is always a section where you one could bring women say with no crap thrown.

Unfortunately it sounds like there are just lots of classless Mexican fans at these games doing these coward acts. We would have to estimate what percentage of bigsoccer mexie posters act like these cowards – it may be somewhere in the 5-10% range…. lets not be naïve and deny that any of these fans are like that.

Hey, we need enforcers on the field, and off the field – I agree.

You make no sense trollio ;)

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just scare me man, i might be walking down the street, and you migt have the urge to attack me from the way you write, you sound like your ready to declare war on Mexican :p

16. atlantefc

atlantefc Member

Jul 18, 2006
    F*dabig4neveryleague
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they were expecting this

[​IMG]

17. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Incredible really. I remember aggresively celebrating with two U.S. supporters that I had met just two hours before. And the video footage of the U.S. fans celebrating the goal is awesome. We all went berzerk.

18. MakingNews

MakingNews Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Detroit, MI
    I was in Guatemala in August and in Azteca on Wednesday. IMO, this was far worse and far more dangerous. The police in Mateo Flores, while a bit slow to react, made the right decision to take us down to the field and hold us there until the Guate fans departed.

In Azteca on Wednesday, the decision to have us leave immediately and march us through a tiny corridor into the parking lot exposed us all to real danger.

Having beer thrown at you is one thing. Hell, that's expected and kind of fun. Having glass bottles and rocks thrown at you is a completely different level of danger. Having fans charge police barricades to get at you is crazy.

So, SERIOUSLY, Mexico fans posting in this thread: Do you think it's OK for your fans to throw glass bottles and rock and to spit on visiting fans? Really? REALLY?

I've seen the national team play as an away fan IN SIX COUNTRIES. I've been to Guatemala and Costa Rica. This was my second trip to the Azteca. (I once witnessed a scuffled between Man U fans and Roma fans outside a Champions League match.) I'm no newbie.

This was the worst behavior I've ever seen. This was a completely classless display. The police were terrible. The fans were worse.

If you think this was OK, you are not like most of the Mexicans I might during my trip. They were kind, fun and friendly. The people who did this -- and condone it here -- don't deserve to be called Mexicans -- I hold those people and that culture in too high regard. These hooligans don't deserve that level of respect.

19. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmAu30sG9tU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmAu30sG9tU[/ame]

20. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah I ate a McDonalds...again what's the big deal????? I hadn't eaten in over five hours, I was starving, and I needed food; fast. Also, just because I ate their once doesn't mean I ate every meal there. I was in Mexico City for three days, during that time I had lots of authentic and delicious Mexican food......lighten up!

21. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV427y40yHc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV427y40yHc[/ame]

22. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Just wanted to say that the Azteca experience was amazing and it was great to meet some of the fans who were willing to go down and support our team. I can't believe how few in numbers we were to be honest, it's pretty pathetic. Since it's already been said too much, getting hooded with stuff from the fans was uncool, but it was part of the whole experience. The Minnesota Volunteers are awesome, props to them and the guy who brought the "hot nuts".

23. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LND30OJd0DU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LND30OJd0DU[/ame]

24. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a Ph D in US History.....and don't need it to know that's a rebel flag. There is someone with a Texas flag as well, but I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the CSA battle flag that's clearly present.

25. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Member

May 14, 2000
    Fire Daddy!
    Club:
    --other--
    I thought it was a good turn-out for a mid-week match. There were five buses plus those that made their way via the metro.