AZT90IV Thread All AZT90IV posts go here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcticduane

arcticduane Member

May 1, 2004
    Bradford, England
    Re: Rooney wearing AZT90IIII

I think ill go with the Absolutes over the nike air legends today then. :p

2. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa

Saying that it has anything to do with the shoe is just ridiculious. I've been wearing vapors for easily 3-4 years now, one of the least supported and flimsiest boots on the market during that time, not one ankle, or foot problem, and im not shy about tackling (i'm in a U-15 league and i've had 3 reds this season already :-\) so do not blame it on the boot, bc it had nothing to do with the boot, it was a bad tackle from behind that hurt him, not the boot.

3. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

don't tell that to Jose Mourinho.. "I know Paulo did not touch him but the worst kind of injuries can be where there was no contact."

4. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003

Well, maybe it's because he's not playing in a U-15 league. :-/

5. Swoosh9

Swoosh9 Member

Jul 13, 2004
    US

maybe rooney shouldn't debut in new nike boots if the opposition has a portuguese player or sumthing. lol, jus hope rooney and owen are somehow fully fit at the world cup though it looks unlikely right now. we need a frickin miracle.

6. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

Ill fitting shoes can cause serious injuries, but remember, Rooney is a pro and had pre release shoes so its likely that they were molded specificly for his foot. Its possible that he is just injury prone and the shoe thing is a coincidence.

7. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    Nike bruised as new boots backfire

From the Guardian Online:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1765009,00.html

"Nike bruised as new boots backfire
    Simon Burnton
    Monday May 1, 2006
    The Guardian

Last Tuesday at Old Trafford Wayne Rooney unveiled a new boot, the Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Supremacy. He tried it out in training at the end of last week and felt no adverse effects. But four days after it was first shown to the world, and the very first time it was worn in a competitive fixture, Nike's new boot was involved in injuries to two England players.
    In the first half at Stamford Bridge on Saturday Rooney accidentally raked his studs against John Terry's leg, causing a cut that required 10 stitches. And in the second half Rooney broke his fourth metatarsal after a seemingly innocuous challenge involving Paulo Ferreira. Both Terry and Rooney left Stamford Bridge on crutches, though the damage sustained by the Chelsea captain was superficial.

Rooney has, in the words of Nike, "played an extensive role" in the development of his new footwear. It features studs on the sole, blades having been banned from Old Trafford by Sir Alex Ferguson, who blamed them for Roy Keane's broken metatarsal after a tackle from Liverpool's Peter Crouch last September. "I'm not saying the injury would have been avoided had their player been wearing studs, but with blades the potential for damage is there," said the Manchester United manager. And although there seemed minimal contact on Saturday, Ferreira - who himself broke a metatarsal last season - was wearing blades.
    Modern lightweight boots have been blamed by some experts for the spate of metatarsal injuries, which used to be relatively rare. "They are not offering the protection they once did," said Exeter University's Sharon Dixon, an expert on the biomechanical aspects of sports injuries. Adidas tweaked the design of its Predator boot in 2004 to provide better cushioning at the front of the foot and give the metatarsals more protection.

Several internationals have signed up to wear the new Nike design at the World Cup. Most worryingly for England, Rio Ferdinand is one of them. Others include Roberto Carlos, Claude Makelele, Alberto Gilardino and José Antonio Reyes.

Nike, unavailable for comment yesterday, boasts of "a supremely designed outsole which combines precision, traction and comfort". Other features include "boot-to-ball accuracy derived from a new side-lacing system that provides a cleaner strike". The boot manufacturer adds that "this is all integrated into a lightweight boot that enhances precise powerful shooting, dribbling and passing".

At the launch last Tuesday, Rooney looked ahead to wearing the boots for the first time. "Hopefully I can mark the occasion with a goal but, knowing me, I will probably score with a header."

Nike's PR machine limbered up, ready to capitalise on the United forward's anticipated success. Rooney has provided enormous publicity, just not the kind Nike would have chosen."

8. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Nike bruised as new boots backfire

Here are the pictures from PDS...

White/Black/Sport Red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Platinum/Red/Black
    [​IMG]

9. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[​IMG]

Varsity Royal/White/Silver
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, no wonder Tezza got 10 stitches, those studs are huge!

10. DJ Benji

DJ Benji Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Maidstone, England.

The studs are the same as the Total 90 III's, the FG however are not.

11. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England

I got a new pair of Beckhams predators and the elastic broke after one day so took them back got money back and was gonna get Vapors but i really like those T90 4's so may wait till 1st june for them.

12. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004

I forgot... this is a true story:

one night, my brother stepped out of bed to go the the bathroom, and I heard a loud crack. he said it hurt him, but that it wasn't a huge deal. eventually, the pain got worse in a few weeks and he went and got x-rays. he broke the 5th metatarsal in his right foot.

so, I guess with boots, or without, we're not safe to even take a step :rolleyes:

13. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I broke my 5th metatarsal in the end of 2001, just by being tackled from behind and my mouldies getting stuck in the grass. I was wearing Copa's. Until Rooney actually says how he done it, or when he felt it go, it's just mere speculation that his new boots were the reason for the break.

I also believe I started the Metatarsal Break craze, probably the only man alive cooler than David Beckham....

14. 10totti10

10totti10 New Member

Mar 26, 2005

ya well i broke my humerus bone in my arm once...it was actually quite funny
    ...lol...

15. DJ Benji

DJ Benji Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Maidstone, England.

Slow Clap :)

16. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. DJ Benji

DJ Benji Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Maidstone, England.

I think it being down to the boot is stupid really :D

18. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC

Silvestre was wearing the white and red ones today i think...

19. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003

Why did they release two White/Red colors? Stupid marketing...

20. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Exactly, they could've done with a general less flashy kind of colour to get going, to lure in the less eccentric player, but the days of the nike 'plain' boot are far gone!

And the award for making a boot look like you're going bowling after the game goes to....................................NIKE!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL I apologise to anyone that likes Silverstre in advance, but here was Nike's thinking before letting him wear them

Executive 1: Uh Oh, Sh7t's reallys hitting the fan since we let Rooney be the first player to test out the new AZT's, with him breaking a foot and all!
    Executive 2: Hmmmmm, who else can we let wear the boot to give it publicity, but not actually worry about the player getting injured?
    Both Together: I've got it, SILVESTRE!!!!

I am a sick sick man....

21. newby123uk

newby123uk New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    york
  22. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie

...Are you ufcking kidding me...

23. SCP_16