Away to Aldershot [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Pre game talk

Mostly about Dennis Wise righ now.
    Not surprisingly a lil biast towards him and general consent around the club is that he will get another club to pick him up if the sacking is upheld.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Carlton Cole

Speaking right now in a pre game interview.
    Looking forward to being in the first team squad he said......um, did he let something slip here?

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The Line Up

Straight 4-4-2.

--------------Cudicini-----------------

Melchiot---Desailly-----Gallas-----Baba

Oliveira-----Petit-----lampard-----Zenden

------JFH----------------Zola----------

Full strength team for the first half without a doubt.
    Gudjohnsen not in the squad to play tonight although he did travel with the team.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Wait a sec

Now they're saying that De Lucas may be on the right of midfield.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Strange

Ambrossetti is on the bench and may play for the first time in two years................could this mean he is staying.?

De Lucas starts on the right....commentators are tiping this line up to be the opening day one....

Petit is now ponytailess...........cut it off

De Goey--Oliveria---Huth---Gronkjaer---Ferrer----Stanic---Cole---Keenan---all on the bench.

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Pushing up well here

All Chelsea for the first ten or so here.

Two corners and a free kick, three shots right on target good work on the left of mid.

8. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Clanblue - Since you're plugged in just now it would seem, I'll ask what I just asked on the other thread. Is there a rumour about over there concerning Wayne Bridge moving to Chelsea?

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    De Lucas magic

Gallas blasts wide...should have scored..Gallas picks up a loose ball from the middle passes out wide to De Lucas who goes by two players before puting in a pin point cross to Gallas, who had continued to run on, who collects well but blasts wide.

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    None that i've heard of mate.
    Not that that means it ain't so.......but i doubt if we would put out any money for him coz we don't seem to have it.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 0-1 Chelsea

Zola scores at the back post, completly unmarked, from a great cross from Melchiot who overlaped with De lucas from a pass out from desailly.

Great one two passing and great read by De Lucas to to get melchiot moving.Zola with many years expierence shadows the play on the opposite side of the field and cuts in at the last second to get on the end of the cross.Great vision by Melchiot to see Zola and what he was up to.

12. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    thanks for answering.

Do you think he'd fit in well with the team, be an improvement?

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 0-2 Chelsea

Fantastic run down the left by Zenden...fully 70 yards...after geting the ball from a sloppy tackle.
    Blazing speed down the wing all the way to the bye line, crosses in where Zola collects, puts two defenders the wrong way and shoots into an empty corner.

Fantastic counter attack.............Zenden showing great promise on the wing.In fact both wingers playing fantastic games.

14. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Afternoon Clan

Just got out of a meeting, damn work is cutting into footie time again. Looks like the best XI out there for us (minus Gudjohnsen). Franco has scored 2 so far, he is really pushing for that starting spot again. If Guddy remains injured he should see a lot of match time. De Lucas seems like he could be the answer to the RW questions - maybe this means less Stanic (I can only hope). I'm guessing we'll see 6 or 7 subs at the half.

Is Petit really ponytail-less?

GersMan - responded to you on the other thread. Haven't heard the rumour but I doubt it's true. We seem to have a settled squad and the only place we would be buying would be centre-mid and right back. I would never say no to buying a early-20's England-capped player but I just can't see this one happening. Maybe if we could swap him for Morris + cash? That would be a steal.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Hard to say really.He's a left back ain't he...lil on the small side too if i remember right.Then again le saux ain't no giant either.
    What we really need asap is a right full though.But like i said, i just can't see us having the money to but the young lad...23 or 24 ain't he?

16. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    thanks for the info. I think you're both right that it doesn't compute. just checking.

17. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Afternoon MST

The commentators were making a big deal at the begining of the game about his ponytailness...he he he...

Great game down the wings for the lads, esp De Lucas.It will be interesting to see how he does against better opposition later in the week against the Italian teams.If he's the real deal it will be fantastic.

Hasselbaink also hit the outside of the post.

18. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
  19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Wholesale changes

Only player from the first half still on the pitch is Lampard.

Looks like a 4-3-3.
    Will be interesting to see what exactly Ambrosetti can do for us down the wing Zenden was on.

-----------De Goey--------------

Ferrer----Huth----Ceasire----Le Saux

Gronkjaer------Lampard-----Keenan

Stanic----Cole----Ambrosetti

20. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    2nd half XI

Only Lamps remains on.

---------------------------De Goey--------------
    Ferrer--------Di Cesare--------Huth-------Le Saux
    Gronkjaer-------Lampard-----Keenan----Ambrosetti
    ---------------C Cole-----------Stanic----------

Seems De Goey is definitely our #2 keeper. Can't understand that, Bosnich was awesome in his run alst season - I think he deserves to be #2.

De Lucas has sounded class so far this pre-season, lets hope he provides some stability at RW. On the downside, we now have 6 wingers for 2 spots - De Lucas, Zenden, Gronks, Le Saux, Stanic, Ambrosetti. Le Saux can play LB but the others are stuck on the wings in midfield. I'm hoping we can sell 1 or 2 to cut some wages.

Solo goal by Cole, he is making his case for playing time.

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 0-3 Chelsea

Great work from Ambrosetti down the left side.
    Answered my question right away he did.
    Cole gathers the ball and passes off to him and continues his run gathering a fine pass from him, buries the ball low in the bottom right corner.Good pass and goos, well taken goal.

This is another lad that is pushing for a starting spot.Forssell and Guddy will have competition this saeason.

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Clan - bad news

That little bollox Morris is a cancer on the club, has been for a while and will always be.He will never change.Terry if up the creek if he hit him with a bottle as there is no effin way he can claim self defence with 3 on 1 and hiting a fella in the face with a bottle.He may very well do time over this.I can't believe little is being made of the role of Morris in this by the club.Either it is all bollox on the part of the media or CFC are awaiting the outcome of the trial before taking action.

23. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 0-4 Chelsea

Beautiful goal by all accounts for ambrosetti who lobes the keeper to score off a pass from Cole.

Playing a good game on the outside since coming on.If any Lazio chiefs are watching the deal may get closer with his good performance here.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 0-5 Chelsea

Cole simply powers his way into the box, bends the ball into the right hand corner of the net.

This kid is having a blinder.
    Stanic is having a stinker.

25. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aldershot 1-5 Chelsea

Brilliant 25 yard lob by Aldershot, completly catches the Chelsea defence out.

Must have been some chip...De Goey is 6-6 with huge arms.

Stanic just misses again as he hits the inside of the post.Great pre season game.Sure it's only pre season and nothing to get excited about...but think of it this way.
    Last season we were losing 2-3 to QPHa and drawing 1-1 with Burnley whilst the Arse were scoring hat-tricks and double hat-tricks against these type of teams.