Alert: Away Leg Viewing Party

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GoRapids, Oct 29, 2010.

1. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Class VI and the Pid Army would like to invite you to the away leg viewing party 11/6. Doors 1PM kickoff 2 PM.

The Celtic Tavern is opening exclusively for this event - we'll have the entire bar. There will be drink and food specials (like $10 fish & chips + a beer).

We expect to have over 100 Rapids fans and it'll be a lot of fun with a great atmosphere. Don't sit home watching the game! NO FAN ALONE. More details - go to http://NoFanAlone.com/ Hope to see many new faces

2. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    After all the publicity on the electronic boards at the stadium telling everyone to go the British Bulldog on Nov.6th, I figured all the Rapids fans that live within a 30 minute drive would go there.

Why do the Supporters Groups split up during the biggest game of the year?

Can you guys not collaborate?

I was under the impression that the "official" away party is at the Bulldog.

3. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    The "official" viewing party is there.

The Bobbies have the Bulldog that's their home. Other SGs people have watched games there when we don't have an organized event - but when the other groups have their party together there are another hundred or so ... it'd be too crowded. I announced this at 10 AM and we're already at 47 yes and 12 maybes - without many even having seen the invite yet. You can then up the number by 20% because many just don't respond to the invite (which we do so the Celtic can plan their staff accordingly).

It's a good thing ... you think we only want one bar in all of the metro area having a Rapids party?

Maybe someday there won't even need to be a "viewing party" and you can hit your local place and join in with a crowd there for the game - kind like the Broncos.

Or are you just trying to stir the pot because of all the neg attention you're getting on the boards lately - you've grown addicted to it ;)

4. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    Quite interested. I'll invite some other dudes too.

I need to confirm the location as there is a Celtic in Englewood too.

5. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Good enough. I agree with the Bulldog and how crowded it does get there. I have noticed the seperation of the groups during the season and I was just wondering if there would not be one big event for the biggest game in the last 4 years.

Believe me, I'm not trying to stir the pot in any thread. I don't want and don't enjoy any negative attention.

Perhaps I should ask the questions I would like answered a different way, keep my opinions to myself or make sure I put one of these :) or one of these :p after every sentence.

Or better yet, I should use the private message more often to get direct questions answered by people.

Back on topic: Good luck with your party.

6. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before that happens, I hope we go through a phase where there's local chapters, secret hand-shakes, and funny hats. Well.... more local bars would be nice. Not there yet obviously.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't know the secret handshake? :confused::D

8. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    18th and Blake - downtown Denver.

61 confirmed 15 maybe ... gonna be epic!

9. Hoolie Dave

Hoolie Dave New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just as a quick note on the topic from the Pid Army. We love standing and we love singing and yelling so we love the Bulldog. We go there sometimes and hang with our terrace bretheren the BSG and have been regulars since the day if opened years ago. But we also like out friends in Class VI and like spreading the word to other places rather than just one pub in town. Everyone who goes to the Bdog for these kind of things already loves soccer, but if we can get others to come AND get other bar owners excited about supporting the team, it will help grow the supporters culture here in Colorado. We have a chapter up in Boulder and they are working on a regular place up there and in future hope to do same thing in Fort Collins and in the Springs. We cannot just have one small supporters pub in town and truly grow into the massive supporters section that we want to be. As was mentioned earlier, is that the Bdog just isn't that large of a place. For this game we could easily have more than a couple hundred people interested in going to watch the game and the Bulldog flat out can't handle that number in the way people would like. Class VI folks like to be able to sit and watch the game, not be crammed in like sardines like happens at the Bdog. We in the Pid Army don't care and like to stand and be packed in, but for this one we are going to give lodo some rowdy love. Plus, we've worked out some drink specials and such, and this game being at 2pm means that you don't get the happy hour specials at the Bdog, so beers are quite expensive.

Anyway, everyone is welcome at the Celtic Tavern, and you of course are welcome at the Bdog as well. Just come out to either and support your team to keep showing Denver how much fun being part of the supporters culture is. cheers

10. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Wowzers - this is awesome!

So we all know the BSG is going to fill up the Bulldog - but the CVI/PA viewing party at the Celtic is going to be over 100 for sure!

This was a great season of growth for Rapids fans - not just in the Terraces where the PA rocks the West and the BSG the East - but now TWO prime viewing places - you gotta love that.

Last time I felt like this was after I watched the WC match at Katie Mullens ... drove down Broadway and saw people stumbling out of a dozen watering holes after the game clearly full for the WC match.

The game has arrived and is growing fast here :D

11. Colorado Supporters

Aug 10, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BSG / Bulldog Away game viewing party:
    http://www.bulldogsupporters.com/events/detail.php?eventID=37

As well as the usual specials Coors Light will be $2.50 up until 3pm, then the usual Bulldog happy hour kicks in.

We are expecting the BSG party to be packed so yes, it's great to have two options for this game.

12. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
  13. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if there are other pubs/bars outside of the downtown area that are showing the game on Direct Kick? Celtic South (Littleton)? Usually the Rapids will post something about different bars showing the big games...I hope they'll do the same for this one.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game isn't on Direct Kick, just Telefutura and it doesn't look like the Rapids are doing a local English broadcast.

15. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    The Rapids advertised that the "official" viewing party was with the BSG at the British Bulldog.

More good info: We have a team signed flag and a team signed jersey that we will be giving away at the CVI/PA viewing party at the Celtic

16. Boots Utd

Boots Utd Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Denver
    Game is on the local CW station. Channel 2 for DirecTV, not sure what it is for Comcast, etc.

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not listed on the Rapids website. Last I heard they were trying to put together an English broadcast but they weren't sure if they could get it done.

18. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
  19. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    This should be interesting. And I actually don't mind Crookham as an analyst.

Anybody know if this was done to save a few bucks?

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean using Crookham? I talked to Stout earlier this week and he said he wasn't doing it due to a conflict with another game he was calling (football I think).

21. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    I meant it should be interesting hearing Crookham do the primary calling. Has Crookham ever done play-by-play for the Rapids? He's not exactly uptempo in the other chair, just curious to hear his style. I am pretty sure it will be at the other end of the syllable-per-second spectrum from the Telefutura crew.

Stout's conflict explains the line-up. I'm glad it's Brian and not Cory Lopez.

22. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crookham has called Rapids games in the past. He does a fine job.

23. pdid10

pdid10 Member+

Aug 8, 2008
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Am I the only person who actually liked Cory Lopez?

Just kidding he was terrible.