Australia v India - Asian Cup - Jan 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Australia' started by el-capitano, Jan 9, 2011.

1. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the linesman and ref have been a little hard on him, he won't be too disappointed.

2. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    OK Scott, 20 minutes to play and we're 4-0 up. No pressure.

3. Edgar

Edgar Member

You might want to score a few more. It might come down to goal difference to determine the group winner.

4. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Was thinking the same thing, pretty weak 2nd half effort.

5. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats Australia. No excuses here. Deserved winners. Though I thought we played well in the 2nd half and you guys put your foot off the gas.

Your teams quite strong and most of your attacks come from the right flank. You left side (with that Carney guy) is relatively weak and sluggish. Better teams than us would exploit that weakness for sure.

PS: We still beat you in the Gavaskar Border series and are #1 test team. :p

6. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Fair play India, some people write about you guys like you're a joke team but there's talent in that side and you'll build on it. We're sorry we didn't deliver the hammering you were expecting, and yes, we've got work to do.

Ps: losing Border-Gavaskar away is never going to hurt like Ashes at home

7. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn.. How I wish the final score were a 4-1 or a 3-0 or even a 5-0. My husband predicted a 4-0 and I predicted a 7-1. And he doesn't even follow football. Damn. Now he's going to boast about this for some time. :p :D

Damn you Cahill. You missed two sitters. :p

8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats Australia - was there and caught this goal on vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DpO42HNqjI"]YouTube - Tim Cahill goal v India in Asian Cup 2011[/ame]

See ya against S.Korea on Friday!

9. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
  10. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia

I think Egypt well and truly tested us when they WHIPPED us.:eek:

People will think Pim is a star by the time this present coach gets to the serious games and we see he has nothing. Surely he can't be serious when he sees that game as a "good performance" and continues to want to dodge the lack of speed questions in our defence.

11. Quicky

Quicky Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Wherever I May Roam
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Good win. Great to see Kewell, Cahill and Homan amongst the goalscorers. Nice confidence boost for them which will hopefully see them in good stead for the rest of the tourney.

That won't change anytime soon. We are truly terrible right now.

12. jimbregas

jimbregas Member

May 20, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You just wait till the CWC. I'm thinking we'll make it four in a row? :p

Yeah, our right is by far our strongest side both defensively and attacking with Emerton and Wilkshire. Since Chipperfield retired we have been stuggling defending down the left side. TBF Carney played reasonably well today.

Im not much of a fan of Holman on the left wing. I'd rather Burns or Oar out there if 'Arry isn't going to play there

13. Sardukar

Sardukar Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Sydney
    This game was very much The glory days of oceania mkII. Seriously we could have played with 3 upfront and put all the young players on and put 10 in the back of the net. Instead we treated it as a light warmup match.

Korea wont be as kind as we were, so i hope for India's sake they actually try to challenge for the ball.

14. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Exactly. If the Group came down to goal difference to decide first and second (probably S Korea and Aust), then S Korea will show why India should not really be in this Tournament by putting a cricket score past them.

Or worse still, if we lose against S Korea are in a position where we have to beat Bahrain in the last game because they racked up more goals against India that we did then we could be in a lot of trouble.

I'm not sure what the Politically Correct are thinking. India are simply a Wild Card who gained a spot through a B Grade Tournament, not because they are anywhere near one of the best 16 teams in Asia.

15. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are not alone. Most of us said the same thing. We have taken the spot away from a more deserving side. On the long run, this is not how I want India to qualify. Won't do Indian football much good.

Hopefully, from the valuable experience from this tournament, we learn enough to qualify for the next Asian Cups through the right channels.

16. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That said, the gap between you guys and say, Singapore or Jordan is not exactly massive - this policy gives you guys a taste of the big time and puts pressure on those who would have picked up this spot to lift their game (though easier for India to lift it's game than Vietnam).

17. ZoidburgFC

ZoidburgFC New Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Venus
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    4-0!

Get that indiaya!