Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oberlin is a joke in every match he played he's bad. Its not shocking that II prefers Arp or Jastremski instead. Why comical that he trained with 1st and made squad too, lol.

Borkowski is highly rated by Nagelsmann and has been brought up here for years too. 1st Leipzig Academy player to play 1BL and has potential to be complete CF package too. Has good technique and has scored dribbling by 2-3 players in u19 too. A lot of FCN fans and others think he's one of best players at club too. 02 has tons of interesting CFs too, an age group full of AM/W+CF.

Blueberry_night and Alex C repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Adeyemi is one of top scorers for Salzburg in league and tied with Berisha as top assister too.

3 goals and 3 assists in past 5 games in league, only 2 XIs from that.

Blueberry_night, Collected and Alex C repped this.
  3. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Yeah, Adeyemi finally scored. Moreover, he hit the crossbar for a second time. It came from a nice long-distance shot. He messed up a good chance in the 50th minute after showing once again great speed and going past one defender. He decided to pass to one of his two teammates but he waited a second too long. He also could have tried to chip the goalkeeper.

Watching Salzburg in the final third was so comical today. Aside from Adeyemi's wasted opportunities, Susic missed a great chance. Bernardo didn't convert a free header and screwed up a great opportunity for an assist. Kristensen also wasted a good chance. Not to mention the two sitters in the first half. It was like having a team full of Werner's.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3rd Liga
    big win for Dynamo in promotion race. Daferner scored 11th for 1-0 winner. 02 LB Kuhn has played in past 2 consecutive games too both as 7-9 min sub.

youth at club
    Ehlers, J.Meier (on loan from Mainz), Grosser, Kuhn, Will, Kade, Harres, Gollnack, Daferner, Konigsdorffer, Kulke, Lowe, Diawusie

Ehlers, Grosser, Kuhn, Harres, Gollnack, Konigsdorffer, Kulke are 2023 u21-onwards eligible.

2BL
    -Bochum is very likely going upwards to 1BL...not estatic but would mean,
    Leitsch, Bella-Kotchap, Romling, Holtkamp, Hartwig could play 1BL next season.

all barring Leitsch are 2023-onwards U21 eligible

-Furth after 3-2 win today I also hope get promotion, currently in 2nd at least they got II.
    Bauer, Jaeckel (Union), Stach, Raum (Hoff), Kehr, Tillman, Leweling, Asta, Itter (on loan from Freiburg), Torlak, Kratzer

Bauer, Kehr, Asta, Leweling, Kratzer, Torlak are all 2023-onwards U21 eligible too.

I do think bunch will likely go on loan but do think Itter should get another loan and play full 1BL season with Furth. Kehr who is CF/W should be kept with Furth in any promotion. Guy is one of fastest 2BL players and very efficient in limited play and scored solo goal with run that started from his own half while being way behind opposing player. Speed demon like that could be useful in 1BL.

good for us if Bauer and Bella-Kotchap play 1BL next season, as 2 00-01 CBs. Mai is also likely going upwards too is another CB.

Austrian Bundesliga
    more on Adeyemi, averages goal or assist every 66 min.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    time to start focusing on 00-onwards for next u21 cycle.

speaking of 00-onwards, 00 CF Besong who's been recently fit again and part of 1st squad on extending expiring 2021 contract. Bolded sounds +,

FCN coach Klauss,
    "Yes, it's actually still too short, I've only seen him train so far (...) we want to give him time to arrive in the team, then to show what he can really do. It's always like that A player, when he's been injured for a long time and then can train again with the team, is always euphoric at the beginning, that's logical, that's normal, that's the instinct to play that is in us. Then it's about, can he do it show consistently for several weeks? At the moment he is very enthusiastic, very happy to play, that's nice, I like that too, I'm also happy, primarily for the boy himself, that he is back on the football field and not for us, that we will be back then have an alternative that will come later. At the moment it's about Paul having to be on the pitch as much as possible, we have to be careful not to injure himself again. The conversations about his future will start now - as I have noticed - for the first time. But first I'm out, what does Paul want? How does he see himself? What do we want as a club? What can we offer him? Then you will sit down there. I tend to rate everything else on the pitch, which is what makes me happy at the moment, and I hope that he can show that in the next few weeks as well. "

Sporting director Dieter Hecking
    It's hard to tell with Besong because of his absenteeism. Nürnberg's sports director Dieter Hecking now has to decide whether the club should continue to believe in Besong's qualities or whether a separation is perhaps the better solution for both sides. Besong's contract expires at the end of June; He doesn't have much more arguments to offer than his impressive goalscoring rate in the BVB youth team, although he has been training with the Nuremberg professionals again for a few days. The talks in the next week are "open-ended," says Hecking. Knowing full well that a residual risk would remain, they should agree on a new working paper. "I feel very much at home in Nuremberg" Besong, on the other hand, had two goalscorer in the final of the German U19 Championship against VfB Stuttgart almost two years ago: "To my great passion, football." And the club. "I feel very much at home in Nuremberg and would like to prove my potential on the pitch and help the team," said Besong,

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on 02 W Obuz,

I don't think that he's more talented than Tim Lemperle, but he's more developed already. I can see him having an impact off the bench next season and start occasionally.
    1387361496934518785 is not a valid tweet id

that looks to be consensus overall about Lemperle that he is most potential from him, Thielmann and Obuz.

most look to think potential its
    Lemperle, Obuz than Thielmann.

Thielmann is more direct while 1st 2 are more dribbling player although Lemperle adds height/physicality to that. Still laugh at Koln II coach critisicm of Lemperle that he plays like mafioso trying to dribble past 3-4 players solo, lol.

speaking of Thielmann is back from injury but busy with abitur and Koln coach Funkel likes him too. Funkel has now stated that he likes 3/3 of these players.
    https://www.express.de/sport/fussba...ielmann---viel-in-den-kopf-pruegeln--38334852

8. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    #9333 Collected, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    What's happened to Oliver Batista-Meier? He was the golden boy of the 2001 age group. Is he going to be a bust? He's lost his starting place at Heerenveen because of inconsistent performances and he's been rotting on the bench for the last 3 months. In the last match, Heerenveen's coach subbed in 3 attacking players who are the same age as Oliver( all born in 2001) as he watched from the bench. This must be really demoralizing for Oli. We see Wirtz and Musiala who are 2 years younger shining in a much tougher league while he can't get a game in a mid-table Eredivisie side. It doesn't make sense. IMO, his lack of physicality isn't a great excuse. For example, Di Maria has always been super skinny and look how well he played in this semi final against Man City. David Silva is small and weak but he was a master at not losing the ball against big, strong opponents in the most physical league. Musiala is skinny and is doing well. Ditto Foden. With technique, intelligence/good decision making and a good acceleration, you can overcome your physical disadvantage. There are advantages to being skinny like agility and acceleration/movement. He is 20 years old. He needs to do better in my opinion.

9. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    After his great performances in the U17 Euro, I am surprised that it has taken Obuz two years to sign a pro contract. It is also surprising that he hasn't been poached by a bigger, richer club. I don't think Köln is the right club for young attacking players to develop. If I were him, I would have preferred Holstein Kiel or maybe Hoffenheim.

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eh he lost his spot due to getting covid, not performances and once a player is on bench 0 guarantee would get spot back or subbed in every game.

I still laugh though
    OBM XI=5 wins out of 10
    OBM not in XI=4 wins out of 20
    Heerenven wins this season=9 wins.

none of guys subbed in are on loan like OBM. At this point end of season, what is point or benefit of playing a loanee???

don't compare all players together. No point in doing that and physicality deficits not same for every player too nor mentioning older players. OBM as mentioned numerous times has also defiicits against ball too. That is becoming requirement.

funny that Odegaard had worst numbers on loan at Heerenveen years back while playing almost X3 as many mins as OBM.

still not a wasted loan, even a not so great loan is learning experience. Need to pick next loan destination wisely, I'm sure there would be interested parties.

I think he should not go on another loan but move to another club permently.

Honestly, why I find Bayern=waste of time is becaus e a lot of players will be dumped on loan and vast majority will never make 1st. Tons of 1BL clubs wanted him permanently at least there one could get better integration and less likely loan. Hoff wanted Stiller, OBM and Fein and only Stiller going there.....all 3 should just have went for it.

Collected repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tons of 1BL-2BL clubs wanted to poach him but a lot of players have attachment to Koln. As to why it took this long for pro contract is because there was hesitation from him to extend as most players want real perspective. Horst Heldt does think he'll play 1BL.

Koln might not be right club for attackers to dev but a great place for them to get integration in 1BL......once integrated, other clubs are more likely to poach them. Once poached, you axe integration aspect.

with guys like Lemperle, Thielmann, Obuz, Schmid, Diehl, etc no harm in playing 1-2 years there. Jakobs is not a W, more LB/LWB so not counting him.

Mainz also not a great place to dev for attacking but if Burkardt, Nebel, Schmidt, Trujillo, Akono, etc can breakthrough and play elsewhere no harm. Mainz coach high on Burkardt and Nebel and he had Schmidt and Trujillo play 1st friendly back in March, 1st debut for both. I thought Schmidt showed a lot of potential drifting between CF/AM.

in any case, almost all 1BL clubs have 02 AM/W with 1st prospects barring 4-5 clubs. Koln has those 3+Jansen/Futkeu.....

Collected repped this.
  12. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Ilkay Gündoğan talks about what it was like to be a youth player in German academies( the doubts, the setbacks, how difficult juggling his studies with his football career was), the racism he has experienced in Germany, being a dual national and other things.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/ilkay-gundogan-manchester-city-premier-league-soccer
    It was an interesting read. One memorable thought from this article is the following:

"The longer you go in life before suffering a setback, I think, the harder it is to handle."

On the topic of Batista-Meier, is this the first setback that he has experienced? Let's see how he handles it.

Alex C, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on topic of school I find it very iffy that our youth have to juggle school, footy, personal lives. Have to be one of rare footy countries where players still in school until up to 19. Some players delay pro footy for school too. Numerous pro players pro still do some classes on side too to get higher degree post abitur, so it doesn't end there.

not too convinced by school fixation, whole point is that if your career bust early you at least have degree to fall back to.......but one can go back to school at any point in time. I recall having University classmates in 30s and 40s when I was early 20s. Age won't block from education....

we have had TONS of youth forced to turn down dfb call ups due to school. Tons talking about how its hard to juggle with footy. Not too surprising that dfb YNT is mostly meh from u15-u20, on top of injuries and meh coaching too.

I recall German coach who coached in Germany and England. Said he saw 2 differences in the 2 countries. England players play fixed positions early and are trained in specific positions while Germany kids play allllllll over place.........big reason why sooooo many are extremely flexible. And also likely why CF was problem position. Only in past 1-2 years, has dfb and clubs started CF training program.....lol that there wasn't much focus on it.

And other was topic of schooling and how in Germany footy and school was NOT optimized well.

funny that Adeyemi left Germany for 2 reasons, wanted to play pro at 16 and didn't want to study anymore....so went to Austria, LOL.

Collected repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good to see Jaeckel make the step up, could even play in Europe with Union next season.

Speaking of which, anyone know how Frederik Jäkel is doing in Oostende? Pretty highly rated at Leipzig and it would be funny to see a Jaeckel and Jäkel CB pairing at some point.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talking of Leipzig under Nagelsmann youth integration wasn’t really a thing, Samardzic (signed from Hertha) has got some chances but the rest are either bench with hardly any sub app (Wosz) or out on 2 year loans (Borkowski, Jäkel, Krauss, Martel, Schrieber). Maybe Raebiger will get a chance at some point but on the whole under Nagelsmann very few if any prospects have played. Will that change at Bayern?

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #9342 Ger90, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    I'm curious to how Jaeckel and other 2BL cbs do in 1BL, next season. Hope any Mai move doesn't take forever to announce.

Don't know too much outside of injuries Jakel always XI at Oostende when fit. Oostende still contenders for Europe too. That could be good for Batzner/Jakel.

Nagelsmann is not an integration coach. The whole he likes young players=young players already with pro experience, typical of most German coaches/clubs. He said numerous times, clubs competing for CL and titles have no room for integration. So although he praised those 4 on loan a lot and praising to sky Samardzic's potential and how he likes Wosz he made limited efforts and had them all on very very short leash. I think Bayern having II is +, not expecting too much integration and likely would want some transfers too.

loans of Borkowski, Jakel, Krauss, Martel look to be going well and all play mostly XI. Its good that it means come 2022 either Leipzig 1st or high level is likely next up for them. Could be in 2022 all become more attractive for u21, Borkowski and Martel also 2025 eligible.

I think Raebiger and co will only get more chances once title is 100% done. 3 games to go and Bayern have yet to win.

I'm curious to what Marsch does with Wosz, Samardzic, Hartmann, Ibrahimi, Raebiger. Do think some will be dumpoed on loan though. Leipzig loan army.

Alex C repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who was the last young german attacking player integrated by Hoffenheim? Beier had a great euroleague match and was never seen again.

20. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Gnabry

21. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Sieb, Sanyang or Frauendorf might have made it there, but all got poached in the last year or two.

Beier is still only 18 so expect him to play more next season, he is highly regarded. Speaking of Hoffenheim it will be interesting to see how Angelo Stiller does next season, I’m hoping he can have a breakthrough year.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    people forgetting John kid is not a LWB but AM/W and with Raum moving to Hoff he's likely playing elsewhere next season.

as for attacking Hoff still have triple 03s of Breitenbucher, Calhanoglu #3, Conte and Tohmucu from 04s.

as for Beier kid is being used to boost weak Hoff II and one of rare + there.Should hit 10 goals and 10 assists min for a u19 player while playing for relegation battling club.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -Alario out for season, chance for Gedikli???

-Bayer look to want more youth making it a club for realz.

Eichin wants to see more Bayer talent among the professionals
    Leverkusen Bayer Leverkusen's youth work should produce more professional footballers, says Thomas Eichin. The head of the performance center at Kurtekotten relies on a uniform training philosophy for the U-teams, among other things. By Dorian Audersch In Emrehan Gedikli, a young player from the Werkself talent factory recently received a professional contract. This season he made his debut for the licensed team in the Europa League. The 18-year-old center forward was fully trained in the junior performance center at Kurtekotten. If its head Thomas Eichin has his way, significantly more players from their own youth should make the leap to the professionals in the coming years. The 54-year-old emphasized this at the digital general meeting of the works club.

In the youth field, the individual training of the players always comes first, explained Eichin. The corona pandemic and the associated restrictions on training operations have made this aspect even more important. Specific individual training was possible in all U-teams, said Eichin and added: "Do not talk too much about what is not possible, but implement what is feasible, that's our motto." The reins have been tightened when it comes to training intensity, after all, the main thing is to “bring more players to the professional field. That has to be our top priority, ”emphasized Eichin. When he was introduced as the new head of the performance center, a uniform training philosophy for all teams was right at the top of his agenda. An athletics-specific program for the talents is also important to him when it comes to working with young talent. “In particular, the U19s, as our last stage of development, have to be extremely strong. That is why we will focus on training the players accordingly and still trying to have a high degree of permeability - from our basic area of the U8 to U12 through the advanced level to the performance area of the U17 and U19. "This permeability is currently included over 40 percent, which is a top value in Germany. "But it also has to be that these 40 percent have so much class that they can gain a foothold in professional football," said Eichin. The development of the coach is no less important. “I am glad that with Keld Bordinggaard as 'Head of Coaching' we have brought in an expert who will lift us to another level. Overall, we are on the right track. "
    https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball...tfoerderung-forcieren_aid-57665731?output=amp

-looks likely Bayern activated option to sell him in Summer,

-Thielmann extends with Koln.

-interest in Spain and Germany for Nmecha.
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/anderl...r-city-will-nicht-verlangern/view/news/384328

-interview with cb Jenz an XI in Swiss league.
    https://www.transfermarkt.de/jenz-w...heft-voll-zu-bekommen-ldquo-/view/news/384203

-Mainz coach talks Papela, Tauer and Nebel.
    https://www.kicker.de/warum-fuer-svensson-die-05-talente-keine-haertefaelle-sind-803648/artikel

-according to kicker, Mack and Aidonis from Stuttgart are loan candidates. Stupid should have been loaned out this season....

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on 05 CF Pejcinovic

Name: Dzenan Pejcinovic
    Class: 2005
    Position: Center-forward
    Date of Birth: 02/15/2005
    Nationality: Germany
    Height: 187 cm.
    Left foot

Dzenan Pejcinovic Scorer of 2 goals in 2 games with the German Under 16 national team Dzenan Pajcinovic, a powerful and technical center forward born in Augsburg in 2005, is one of the few talents who have decided to leave the prestigious Bayern Munich Academy to seek fortune elsewhere. A native of Munich, the Montenegrin striker remained at the World Champion club until 2017, before moving to Augsburg. With his current home club, Dzenan began scoring with great frequency, first being called up for the Montenegrin national youth selections (6 appearances for him) and then for the Teutonic Under 16, with which he immediately distinguished himself by putting scored a two-shot of exquisite workmanship against Denmark.

In the Augsburg Academy, Pejcinovic is a prospect on which they rely heavily, to the point of using him under age in the Under 17 team in the U17-Bundesliga Süd / Südwest just before the suspension of the youth championships due to the pandemic.

Technical and tactical characteristics
    Dzenan Pejcinovic is a powerful, technical center forward with a polite left foot that allows him to be very dangerous even from medium-long distance and from set pieces. He has a great ability to attack the depth with the right timing, highlighting a powerful acceleration ball to the foot and resistance to the shoulders of the opponents, remaining cold and lucid in the finalization.

Good at unmarking and effective in both aerial play and acrobatics, the 2005 Augsburg-born center forward is also doing well in ball protection, relying on his already fairly structured build. Despite being an extremely vertical striker, Pajcinovic knows how to make himself useful even in the banks and in the game with his back to goal, being precious for the development of his team's maneuver and showing a certain intelligence in understanding the different situations of the match.

Physically long-limbed but strong, Dzenan can further strengthen his body structure in order to be even more performing in shoulder-to-shoulder duels and tackles. Temperamentally determined and determined, he is not a player who is estranged from the battle in the difficult moments of the game.

His role is that of central striker in a 4-4-2 (as in the club) or center forward of the 4-1-4-1 of the German U16 national team, where he contends for the position with Ricardo Wagner of Bayern Munich.

Final analysis Strengths: Sense of goal - Depth attack - Ballistic capabilities - Air game - Unmarking - Ball to foot progression - Ball protection

Weaknesses: Can strengthen further - Must improve right

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on 05 M Bischof, look at bolded.

so Germans say=05 very talented
    so English say=05 German very talented and more so than English
    so Italians say=this post....

yeah, Bischof, Raebiger, Ibrahimovic and tons more are getting tons of hype even from non-Germans too.

Name: Tom Bischof
    Class: 2005
    Role: Attacking Midfield
    Date of Birth: 06/28/2005
    Nationality: Germany
    Height: 170 cm.
    Left foot

The German boys born in 2005 promise a lot of good for the next few years, as demonstrated by the great quality present in the Under 16 Marc-Patrick Meister selection who, in every department, can count on elements with a remarkable technique. There are at least a couple of top-level players on the German trocar and one of these is undoubtedly the left-handed Hoffenheim attacking midfielder Tom Bischof. Born in Aschaffenburg, Bavaria, on June 28, 2005, Bischof started kicking a ball at TSV Amorbach, a small club where he remained until 2015, when he was found by the observers of the blue and white club.

As soon as he became part of this new reality, Tom immediately highlighted his polite left foot and the qualities that had so amazed the Hoffenheim scouts. Already at the Under 12 level (in 2016), the boy begins to win his first personal prizes, such as that of best player in the important André Schürrle Cup. In the following years, Bischof confirms that he has an edge over his peers and so he is made to play under conscription, as happened at the beginning of the season, before the stop of the championships due to the pandemic, when he was brought to the Under 17, also succeeding to score 3 goals in 5 appearances in U17-Bundesliga Süd / Südwest.

Technical and tactical characteristics
    Tom Bischof is an attacking midfielder with a sensitive left foot that allows him to play outside the norm.

In particular, by virtue of his extraordinary ballistic abilities, the 2005 German class knows how to be a real sniper on a set piece, managing to score a good booty of seasonal goals. Skilled in tight spaces, where he displays excellent ball control, Boschof knows how to be difficult to stem even in open fields thanks to his remarkable acceleration ball to the foot. Good in one on one and precise in the last pass,

Tom knows how to be very incisive in offensive insertions without the ball, often finding himself in the right place at the right time when the "ball in the bag" needs to be pushed. Dynamic, he loves to vary on the whole offensive front even if, when he is in the middle, he manages to be even more decisive.

Physically normo-short, the Hoffenheim's "jewel" must strengthen its body structure in order to be even more competitive in tackling and shoulder-to-shoulder duels.

Of course, like most of the very talented players, he can perfect his defensive phase by playing a more intense and continuous "under the ball". He is a creative player, lively and with personality, a quality that he also highlighted by playing with the national team in the doubles against Denmark (he also scored a goal in the 5 to 4 victory).

Tactically Tom Bischof can act as an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 but also in the 4-1-4-1 of the German Under 16.

Final analysis Strengths: Technique - Ball to foot acceleration - Dribbling - Offensive insertions - Skill in the strait - Running ball control - Ballistic capabilities - Set kicks - Creativity

Weaknesses: Physicality - Can improve the right - Must perfect the defensive phase

Who he looks like: Pedri