Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RL
    Quirin (2nd), Ibrahim (10th), Schuler (5th), Flick (2nd), Ceka (7th), Lemperle (02, 6th), Schwirten (02,1st), Tigges X2 (20th), Tachie (10th)

-Beier assisted Hoff II's lone goal in trashing 4-1 loss such a bad team. Feel bad that he's forced to play there.
    -02 CM Fichtner made 14 min debut for Mainz II
    -02 CB Thaqi made 3rd cap and XI debut for Dortmund II
    -02 CM Munst made 25 min debut for Stuttgart II
    -01 CB Bongard 3rd cap=1st XI
    -Koln II played 6 02s (4 XI and 2 sub) today in 5-2 win, including debut for Winter transfer 02 W Futkeu

3rd Liga
    -00 CM A.Muller assisted winning goal for Magdeburg.
    -00 CF Akono on Winter loan continues good form scoring 3rd in 1-1.
    -02 DM Hoch made squad debut for Magdeburg, a lot of 02 M close to 3rd Liga clubs
    -Shipnoski scoring 11th and Kaya 2nd
    -most loaners in XI

2BL (a lot of suspended matches this weekend)
    -Justvan scored winning goal for Paderborn in 3-0 win vs leaders Bochum
    -02 CF Hartwig made back to back bench still looking for 2nd cap
    -03 CF Matanovic continues as scrap min sub. Hopefully soon enough gets 3rd XI.

Portuguese 1st
    -00 CB Bisseck interview, on loan from Koln=injured again. Goes on loan to Kiel barely used so cut. Goes on loan in Netherlands always injured, goes on loan to Portugal gets injured.....injury prone.....
    https://geissblog.koeln/2021/04/bisseck-im-gbk-interview-ein-traum-fuer-den-fc-zu-spielen/

1BL
    -Baku with goal and assist in 4-3 loss to Frankfurt.
    -02 AM Scott made his 1BL debut as 25 min sub. More involved in midfield than final third.

I thought Stanisic was pretty solid overall. Goal conceded was on Kouassi and Stanisic at LB try to cover for him but attempt failed. Still no future at Bayern 1st, he's not seen as serious CB option and that Omar Richards from Championship will join in Summer, so nope for LB, nope for CB and nope for RB. Enjoy it while it lasts and more he plays 1st more he boosts chance that a 1BL club goes after him.

Flick on both,
    on Scott,
    Hansi Flick on Christopher Scott: Let's also not forget that Scotty was given the chance to play. It is fast, it has the right pace. He also did well (...) .

on Stanisic
    Flick about Josip Stanisic: Stani played in a position he doesn't normally play - usually acting as a stopwatch or right-back. He played very well for me. He was very confident when he had the ball at his feet (...) . Overall, I can be happy with it.

-02 AM Samardzic played 15 min as sub, first cap in awhile. Nagelsmann is weird for him Samardzic is either XI or sub when having a massive lead. He doesn't integrate him properly. 02 AM/W Wosz back in squad for Leipzig unused.
    -02 CB Dardai back in XI at Hertha after fitness issues in past weeks and getting a lot of praise.
    -typical German clubs, Bremen facing Leipzig is when they finally bring Mbom back in XI and give 01 CF Dinkci his 1st XI....too many clubs do this. Tons of Bremen fans critical of Kohfeldt who will blame youth instead of his shit tactics. Seen comments that Sargent was much worse but Kohfeldt, XIs him in every game without exception even when he's in bad form.
    -Becker extends at Schalke.

-update on Ludewig at Schalke.
    “Kilian has now returned. He did another check-up MRI, in which it was seen that the bone in the damaged area has healed and he can fully load his foot again, ”said the squire's coach with the good news. From now on, Ludewig can continue his advanced training on the pitch in order to steadily close the gap in terms of fitness. "You can tell from him that he is very positive and of course wants to return as soon as possible," concluded Grammozis.

-Knauff,

"Edin gives me good instructions and he makes me feel comfortable," Knauff told Sky post-match, after receiving a bear hug and a thump on the chest from a beaming head coach Edin Terzic. "He encourages me to play to my strengths, to go for the one-on-ones."

Blueberry_night repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more and more evident that majoirty of Germany's most promising AM/W=02-onwards with some from older too.

its why all this Germany got no attacking talents and desperate that we got for going after a German who was always talented in Musiala is comical.

only true if your looking at older age groups but why do that, nothing in footy ends.

Alex C, Ator and saj7866 repped this.
  3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spot on, the talent pool is vast, just need the direction and need game time, add to that we have players like kimmich groetzka Werner writz musiala Kai sane ganebry who are not peak years yet.

Alex C, Ator and Ger90 repped this.
  4. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like the look of ghunter, very direct, he has massive potential

Blueberry_night, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gunther has ability to play all attacking positions too, whether LW, RW, CF. Today was RW.Very promising and not for nothing is rated highly at Campus too.

also 4 goals in 3 games vs English sides. 2 goals in 2 games vs England YNT, scoring in both, also scored vs France, Portugal, Argentina. Has shown efficiency at International level. Whether DFB YNT or UEFA YL vs older players, can be impact player.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and also praises from the record national player Lothar Matthäus: "How he did it, with which one Self-confidence. That distinguishes him, "said the Sky expert.

Knauff himself was humble in an interview after the game. "I'm definitely happy," said the Göttingen native after his third Bundesliga appearance for BVB. "I just wanted to do my best and win the game and I'm glad it worked out." Together with the starting line-up, it was an "unbelievable week" for him. "I hope it goes on like that," said the lightning-fast outside. It is precisely this speed and technical skill of the young player that coach Edin Terzic wants to see. "The point is that he has the courage to show everyone how he can fly past 1 on 1," said the coach after the game, Knauff could play freely under him, as he would "take responsibility" if it ever happened shouldn't run for the U19 national team.

Knauff with special praise for trainer Edin Terzic: "Is a great trainer" And Knauff feels the trust of his boss, who will be replaced by Gladbach coach Marco Rose for the coming season and will work again as assistant coach at BVB: "Edin is a great coach," praised Knauff. "He gives me good instructions, I get on well with them. That helps me too. He says I should play to my strengths."

Team-mate Thomas Delaney also hopes: "He's incredibly fast, that's probably his greatest strength. Every club can use that." In the summer, Knauff had completed the preparation in the team that was still trained by Lucien Favre at the time and got a taste of professional air for the first time.

The junior international (two international matches for the U19s) made such a good impression in the training camp that he subsequently moved up from the U19s to the U23s under coach Enrico Maaßen. And the dribbling and fast-paced winger also impressed the older juniors as a goal scorer and template provider. After six goals and seven assists in the U19, Knauff has so far had a similar record at BVB II in the Regionalliga (seven goals, six assists in 22 competitive games). Knauff was born in Göttingen and was trained at SVG Göttingen. When he was just four years old, he started with the Lower Saxony youth group - and made a lasting impression on those responsible in the years that followed.

"Ansgar was extremely focused on football as a child. To become a professional footballer was his dream from an early age. He always did everything for that," said Knauff's long-time coach Helge Kerl, when his former protégé from Favre to the training camp last summer the professionals were taken. BVB signed him five years ago from Hannover 96, where he played for a year after his time in Göttingen.

7. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Torunarigha has lost his starting spot to a teenager who admittedly is very good but still Torunarigha is almost 5 years older and there were a lot of hopes for him. Are his chances of making it to the big time gone now?

Mittelstaedt messed up for the first Gladbach goal. He is another one whose career might be going backwards.

I tuned in for the last 15 minutes of the Bayern match to watch Scott play. I think he was the one who played on the left wing and I don't think he touched the ball once. All the Bayern attacks were going either through the middle or down Sane's flank. I was left disappointed.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Torunarigha has spent half of season injured and non stop injury issues for years. Too many Germans like him=injury prone. Too early to write him off. Kempf at Stuttgart injury prone for years but looking stable in fitness these days.

Mittelstadt playing all over place, LB, LWB, LW. Making mistake doesn't equate to backwards. He's playing for unbalanced team and was never seen as huge prospect (don't care much about Fritz Walter medal, has 0 barring on future). In any case Netz has higher ceiling and a lot of promising 98-onwards LB popping up that Mittelstadt unlikely to make Seniors.

Scott had 7 touches. I mean is it really his fault if most of attack happended on right or middle? Happens all the time, focus was on Sane and Muller in last portion of match, was just support. Flick was satisfied with him and I thought he had good movement and did combine well when given ball.

Although Flick is a Bullshitter anyways, lol. In public he rarely shits on players and usually more neutral or +. But plenty of times, behind scenes he's very -/critical about some players. So I don't take what he says too seriously, lol.

Blueberry_night and Alex C repped this.
  9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could Knauff get called up for the u21 knockout matches? Team seemed short of wingers. I know players like Hack or Maina have been mentioned too, but Knauff might be an interesting option if he keeps making a good impression.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    depends on option A or B

A-Did NTs submit a let say 30-35 names pre-tourney back in March and only allowed to choose from this?
    B-Ability to choose anyone.

if option A
    No Knauff

if option B
    could get called up. Kuntz does like injury prone Hack/Maina but he's more likely to choose 1BL players. And that he was complaining about lack of Dortmund youth back in Fall....

although I think Wirtz if left out by Low could be option to replace Moukoko.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on Mai comeback from injury.
    Lars Lukas Mai: Came in the 46th minute for Pfeiffer. Had Hamburg's attackers under control. Played focused and uncompromising and without major mistakes.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have to lol that Stanisic a natural CB being played at LB for 1st time in 1st team and was chosen ahead of LB Frenchie Vita, lol.

Stanisic mostly used for RB for need due to both Waidner/Borges being injured for ages. Borges still out while Waidner closing in on 1500 min. And here and there used at CB in II.

Stanisic is a defensive "fullback" usually not too much goes on his side as he defends and drawback is he offers 0 in attack. While Vita is really bad defensively and mostly speed for offensive. Vita scored twice but both goals=someone else did all work and just tap in.

on another Stanisic topic, one would think him playing Bayern XI for 90=will attract Croatia Interest. He's rejected Croatia in past to play dfb too.

Said this before ALL Bayern duals attract interest from other FAs......ALL of them.

He's a contender for 00-01 U21 cycle depending on where he lands in Summer.

13. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Any ideas as to why Dorsch is no longer a starter for Gent in the last 5 matchdays? Hopefully he will get his spot back next weekend.

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gent is shit this season from CL to bottom and have had 4 different coaches this season. I've seen some Gent fans imply something happened between him and coach who knows.

But Dorsch seems very keen to GTFO as fast as possible and openly saying he's using u21 euro to go upwards.

still closing on 3000 min this season that's a lot. Wouldn't say last 5 since 2/5 was u21 related, more like his last 3 matchday squads.

Collected repped this.
  15. Collected

Collected Member+

Jul 19, 2014
    Karim Adeyemi had a good 20-min cameo( if you count the added time) against Salzburg's main rival for the title. He scored 2 goals in the last 3 minutes of the match. Rapid Wien were already a man down and chasing the game so his goals were relatively easy but still they all count. He showed very good speed, dribbling skills and pressing/work rate even before those last 3 minutes.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RL
    -00 M Raschl had assist yesterday, already at 9 assist
    -02 W Kehrer assisted winning goal for Freiburg II in 1-0 win. 2nd consecutive 1-0 win for II which Kehrer assisted.

Also Schade was back again after busting his face or nose and used as sub. Weisshaupt out for some matches to fitness and Boukhalfa who is 1st prospect made comeback as sub, been out since Dec.
    -Dortmund II and Freiburg II still on track for promotion to 3rd Liga

3rd Liga
    -02 LB Kuhn made pro bench debut for 1st place Dynamo has pro contract that kicks in Summer.
    -04 M Seidel played 3rd cap in injury time

Czech 2nd division
    02 CF Gollnack on Winter loan with assist to 1-0 winner. Recently also scored 2-1 winner too.

2BL
    -02 CF Shuranov with his 2nd goal in 2BL in 1-1.
    https://streamja.com/6BZKV
    -00 CM Sessa with 6th assist in 3-1 win vs H96
    -Maina another 20 min in comeback from long term out. While 01 CF Gudra who had injury scare midweek, played 5 min for 3rd cap.

Polish 1st
    M.Baku (R.Baku twin bro) on Winter loan and XI every game and aleady one of top scorer at club with 3 goals.

Belgian 1st
    Nmecha scored tying goal, his 14th in 2-1 comeback win vs 1st place Club Brugges.

1BL
    -Toprak out for weeks wonder if this ups 00 CB/DM Rieckmann to 1st at Bremen.
    -1st kicker post and now RNR about Passlack extending this time, seems more official with Zorc confirming.

-Schalke beat Ausgburg 1-0.
    Schalke XI: Thiaw, Becker, Aydin, Bozdogan, Serdar
    Unused bench: Calhanoglu

01 CM/AM Bozdogan once again provides assist to Schalke's only goal scored by Serdar. Been saying it for ages, lack of Bozdogan XI was dumb. But neverending coach changes and all went for experience instead of building him up.
    https://streamja.com/ZJmWO

incredible to think that from matchday 20-28, 9 matches, Schalke only scored 3 goals and 2/3=Bozdogan involvement. And Schalke has barely scored that only Harit has been involved in more than him assist wise.

02 AM/W Aydin with his 2nd consecutive XI playing RWB and this time full 90. Interesting that he won 4/4 aerial duals and 6/8 duals too.

kind of want to see Thiaw, Bozdogan, Calhanoglu, Aydin XI,always 3/4 never 4/4. Those 4 are Schalke's main 01-02 players. Still some other 01-02 but less profile.

-Burkardt looks to have busted his head in Koln vs Mainz. Hopefully nothing serious got subbed out in 55th min as Mainz beat Koln 3-2.

-Gisdol at Koln looks likely to get axe. I do think Koln needs more attacking firepower not helped by Thielmann being unfit and missing past 2 matches. But next coach needs to consider Obuz/Lemperle, those are 2 potential difference makers. Still hope Koln survive.

-on 02 CB Dardai, vid and also

In my opinion, it is currently still too much that Marton Dardai seems to prevail in the competition against Torunarigha. This comes from a longer injury, but Dardai's performances are also very strong.#hahohe#HerthaBSC

How important Dardai is for Hertha you could see against Gladbach yesterday. When it comes to Hertha from building the game into the attacking third, Dardai is currently the central component.

Whether high or flat, vertical or diagonal, whether chipped or fast and flat, Dardai's opening is simply a dream. He always has his head up with the ball on his foot and gets an overview.

If he has found a free teammate, the ball usually even comes into the right foot or right into the barrel.

So also over large parts against Gladbach. This can also be seen in the numbers:

87 ball contacts
    71/79 passes
    20/24 long passes
    9 progressive passes
    10 (!) Passes in the last third
    2 passes to a shot
    2 blocks
    2 balls intercepted
    3 clearenced

In addition, he makes almost no mistakes, already looks incredibly calm, has good speed and also appears increasingly stronger in the defensive duels.

Dardai's build-up of the game could be a key element against the upcoming opponents, who will probably give Hertha a little more of the ball.

also,
    1381322937832255490 is not a valid tweet id

18. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would expect a charachteristic of a good manager to never or at least avoid criticizing a player in public, all criticism should be done in private with the player.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nothing to do with good manager, being fake/disgenous is not a good trait. Public criticism is good to force players to get shit together.

Last season, Flick constantly praising that Spanish RB on loan (Guy was garbage in every game) and promising to play him publicly but privately it was said he didn't rate him at all, LMAO. An example of many too.....

someone like Sarr deserves to get shat on publicly. Is he playing for one of biggest clubs or minnow?

saj7866 repped this.
  20. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We will have to disagree on this. It has always been my experience that the good managers (from my career) defend their employees even if they are in the wrong and dealing with issues privately. The key is the player he knows where he stands with management and odds are they know when there performance doesn't meet expectations.

I see no advantage in throwing players under the bus, or humiliating them publicly, but then I have no experience in managing football players. Perhaps it is appropriate, but I wouldn't work for such a manager.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Flick good coach but not a fan of his personality nor a lot of his decisions but that's topic for another thread.

critizing players is not throwing anyone under bus. A ton of things Flick does is all 2 faced, I have low opinion of such people.

tons of German clubs publicly critize players but Flick likes to have image of a nice guy who is close to players.

RB Leipzig/Rangnick/Nagelsmann have openly critizied tons of players in past 2 years. Last season Rangnick trashed Leipzig French contingent for unprofessionalism. Nagelsmann openly critizies numerous players for things. I hate that club but at least they are upfront.

22. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Critisizm of a individual publicly is like throwing him under bus, but if it's done to a team collectively to spur them on then it can have possitive reaction.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    naw, not throwing under bus. Throwing under bus is dfb trait of saying its players fault for losing or axing players like Low did and blaming them for failure. Entire dfb constantly throws players and whole squad under bus to save coach ass.

critizing a player and what they need to work on is not same thing.

You guys realize that vast vast majority of club coach/head honchos do this for youth player? I don't see why older rich millionaires should be shielded. Nor should anyone feel bad for them.

update on Dortmund u19, club is training+friendlies.
    Dennis Lutke-Frie and Max Meier are back in training after some long injury breaks. Lion Semic to follow soon.

24. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK, you got me there. I don't get to see a lot of that criticism (it's either not that available to me or I don't have the time or language skills to dig into Bild, Kicker, etc.). The stuff I do see is pretty sanitized. I will admit some criticism is appropriate but my approach would be what I have stated. And having successfully managed 0 football clubs, I have no idea if it would have worked or not.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -on Burkardt,
    “I don't have the latest score. I think it definitely has to be checked. " “I exchanged a few words with him and it made sense what he said. So, I hope that it's nothing worse and that Jonny can be back on the training ground in a few days ”, continued Svensson. As long as the test results are not there, a forced break cannot be ruled out.

-RB Leipzig make Henrichs signing permanent was also in kicker XI of week.

-on why 02 LB Calhanoglu didn't play 5 consecutive XI at Schalke.
    “Don't forget: We are absolutely satisfied with Kerim, how he has presented himself so far. We threw him in the deep end. He had no match practice at all due to the U19 break ”, the trainer started his statement. He added: “He then had to quickly adjust to the level and he also had to keep up the training intensity. It was very, very much in a short time. With the coaching team, I had the feeling that they had been missing a few grains lately. And that's why we wanted to give him a break. "

-Kohfeldt talks Dinkci including saying he needs to accept criticism.
    https://www.deichstube.de/news/werd...feldt-schutz-bundesliga-news-zr-90405051.html

-00 LB/LW Konighaus joining Mainz II.
    https://www.mainz05.de/news/koenighaus-erster-sommer-neuzugang-fuer-die-u23/

-Zaiser and Stanisic in Bayern CL squad.

at this point 1st team continues to take players who aren't real 1st prospects.

-on K.Schlotterbeck,
    https://www.kicker.de/schlotterbeck-ueber-eigentore-es-ist-wirklich-zum-kotzen-802051/artikel