Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00 CF Breunig on his comeback where he scored last week. Would be nice if he could move up to 2BL in Summer.

A moving comeback
    Würzburg / Ingolstadt - How proud Maximilian Breunig is of his fairytale comeback is revealed by his profile on Whats-App

Since this week, this has graced a very special photo. It shows the attacker of the Würzburg Kickers with a clenched fist in his jump of joy after he shot the Francs in the lead at SG Großaspach (6-0) on Monday evening. The 19-year-old not only crowned his first start in the third division, but also made up for his long suffering.

Such a photo was unthinkable nine months ago. The up-and-coming hope, which was active on loan for FC Ingolstadt in the U19 Bundesliga, and three teammates had a car accident after an internal party at the Holledau motorway junction. Breunig broke his first lumbar vertebra, and an intervertebral disc was crushed. "At the time, the doctors said that I can be happy if I can walk again at all and have no permanent damage," Breunig looks back. But "after all the operations," he became increasingly courageous "that it would be all right".

After his moving comeback, the memories of the time of suffering were again present. After all, he "checked off professional football immediately after the accident". But now the positive emotions prevailed in the 1.93-meter center-forward. "I got the video of my gate on my cell phone and watched it a couple of times on the TV. When I see the pictures, I get goosebumps and a smile on my face," says Breunig, pleased look forward to seeing the FCI again this Sunday (1 p.m.) at Dallenberg.

After his loan to the Schanzern in summer 2018, Breunig immediately drew attention with a total of 19 goals in the U19 Bundesliga and Regionalliga Bayern and was allowed to train with the professionals. However, the hopeful talent was denied an assignment for the then second division team. "Sure I hoped that I would be part of the squad," reveals Breunig, who also did his technical college in Ingolstadt. "But the FCI was in a difficult situation in the relegation battle. The club therefore set other priorities, which is perfectly fine," added the attacker.

After his loan last summer, Breunig returned to the Kickers as agreed and signed a contract with the Franks until 2021. "I really wanted to go back after the accident because I didn't know what would happen next, and I was doing the rehab as well Würzburg wanted to do, "says the attacker, but at the same time does not rule out renewed engagement with the Schanzern:" I think I did a very good job in Ingolstadt. I leave the door open, you never know what's coming . "

After his fairytale comeback in Großaspach, congratulations from his former Ingolstadt colleagues also came in. But friendship rests on Sunday. "If we act like in Großaspach, everything is possible. We don't pay so much attention to the Ingolstadt series (undefeated since 13 games, ie editor), but want to play our game in front of our own fans and take the momentum with them," clarifies Breunig.

After the return of the last yellow-red suspended Luca Pfeiffer, the young forward may have to be content with a place on the substitute bench again. But the returnee should be able to cope with that. After all, it was not even clear nine months ago whether Breunig could ever return to the soccer field.
    https://www.donaukurier.de/sport/fu...019-2020-Bewegendes-Comeback;art19158,4483977

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of 3rd Liga GK.

lol when you see mention that
    -Fruchtl is one of the best 3rd Liga GK
    -Mantl is best GK in 3rd Liga
    -Grill is one of the best 3rd Liga GK

from actual football sites, not even looking at anything fan. What does that tell you that 3/4 of the young GKs in 3rd Liga who are XI are the best GKs in the league, lol. The other starter V.Muller is playing his 1st pro season was poached by WK from Koln Academy and he jumped to #1 early. From what I've seen seem pretty decent.

Also seen mention that not only is Bayer Leverkusen really interested in Grill but that like half of FCK's XI is attracting interest from higher level, including Grill. Not surprising FCK and Koln are 2 clubs who have always dev GKs.

Speaking of Koln, is there any club in Europe who can beat what they got???
    #1 Horn= Koln Academy Produced GK
    #2 Kessler=Koln Academy Produced GK

From youth
    -V.Muller left club, now starter at WK in 3rd Liga. How long before he makes upper movement? His contract is only 2021.
    -Bartels, on loan to 2BL,wasted his chance to become #1 as he injured himself in his pro/2BL debut......That was annoying could have give U21 another GK with could have been starter at high level.
    -Krahl (not Koln produced), taken from RB Leipzig. He's rated player and Schalke seems keen on poaching him from Koln to make him their future #2. Whenever 1st team have injury problems he's the 1st up to the bench.
    -Up next are the highly rated 02-Adamczyk from Koln U19 and 03-Urbig from Koln U17. What they should do next season is play Adamczyk in II to make room for Urbig in U19.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Long post.
    so GKs who's in Debut, NOT bringing up bench appearances, nor 97 GKs, only 98-onwards. Only exception is Kastenmeier and F.Muller due to them playing 1BL. If you add unused bench and 97-onwards for all levels. You'll end up close to another 20 names, lol.

1BL:
    -97 Kastenmeier, usually Fortuna #2. Due to mass injuries he's played 6 pro games this season, his 1st pro season.
    -97 F.Muller, established himself as #1 at Mainz in past seasons. But due to constant injuries and loss of form he's lost his place. 4 games this season and 34 career pro games.
    -98 Schubert, Future #1 at Schalke, played 5 1BL games this season
    -99 Smarsch, Made pro debut playing 60 min as Jarstein got straight red
    -99 Thiede, Made pro debut for 68 min as #1 was injured and then #2 injured himself in game. Conceded 1 in a 2-0 loss.
    -00 Plogmann made pro debut last season, also red to #1 and only goal he conceded was PK. I mean 1st thing he had to do was attempt at PK stop. Bremen rates him highly and seen as future #1.

2BL
    -99 Bartels mentioned above
    -01 Willert, mass injuries made him play 2 2BL games for FCN.He was never supposed to get anywhere near the 1st team this early. He's in top 10 youngest ever 2BL GKs.

3rd Liga
    -98 Fromman (loan), SG #2, played 2 games. Only reason he's #2 is because the struggling club prefers the older, more experienced and classical GK over him who's more modern.....
    -99 Hoffmann, Bayern II #2, should become #1 next season
    -99 Harsmann, Meppen #2, played 3 games and likely seen as Future #1. Current #1 is 34.
    -99 Grill FCK #1
    -00 Fruchtl, Bayern II #1
    -00 Mantl, Unterhaching #1. Also played well for Germany U20
    -00 V.Muller, WK #1

Abroad
    -98 Benda (on loan), Swindon #1 in English 4th division. Due to FA Cup, 2 pro games. He's viewed at his Championship club as potential future #1.
    -98 Bansen, Zulte #2 in Belgium 1st division, likely future #1, current #1 is like 35. Played 4 pro games this season and 9 overall.
    -99 Moser (on loan), #1 in Cercle Brugge in Belgium 1st division, played 3 games.
    -00 Novakovic, Roda #2, played 2 games this season and 19 overall

to think potentially 2 #1s in Belgian 1st division and they aren't even that highly rated.....Imagine the better ones leave.....If Wolfsburg II get 3rd Liga promotion could open door for guys like 01-Kasten, 98-Menzel, 99-Stirl. If Cottbus get 3rd Liga promotion, then 99-Stahl. A bunch of guys from RL could start to make upward moves in Summer, some are playing well below their levels. Will be interesting to see where rated 01-Unbehaun, 01-Klein, 01-Ramaj, 01-Olschowsky etc are up to in Summer. Some of these are already playing RL. Ramaj already made 1st team bench, Heidenheim have no II.

Speaking of Wolfsburg II, fact is Menzel is losing relevance as Kasten has overtaken everyone.

01-Kasten this season
    2 clean sheets in 3 U19 games
    5 clean sheets in 7 RL games

and he's made 2 unused bench at the 1st team in December. As mentioned above if you list all unused bench in pro you'll get another 20 names, lol. But if he plays potential 3rd Liga could be a boost for him.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Update on our RB Salzburg boys, 98-Berisha and 02-Adeyemi.

ADEYEMI AND CO.
    The future nibbles on the present
    Since Tor-Wunder Haaland at the latest, it has been clear that even talented people with little experience can quickly be turned into a weapon. With the new Salzburg diamonds Karim Adeyemi, Noah Okafor and Mergim Berisha, patience is the top priority when the bulls open on Sunday in the Cup near Amstetten.

I am thrilled that we worked very well. The whole team has the feeling that we are ready for the next phase! "Salzburg coach Jesse Marsch is bursting with energy before the competitive game kick-off after the almost two-month winter break. Which has to do with the fact that the new faces have even intensified the competition after the departure of Haaland, Minamino, Prevljak and Pongracic.

Once again, the bull shows that the future is nibbling on the present. It will not be years before Mergim Berisha (21 years), Noah Okafor (19) or Karim Adeyemi (18) slip into leading roles with the master. Rather months, maybe even weeks.

Who is closest to the starting eleven? "Good question," Marsch grins. Before the US officer goes into detail: “At Karim, we need a good balance between Liefering and ourselves. Because Karim can also play Youth League. He was very good in preparation and is ready for something bigger. Noah Okafor, who already played 24 games for Switzerland's top club FC Basel in autumn alone, should have slightly better chances. But: "It is not easy for anyone to adapt quickly", Marsch alludes to the special Red Bull system, which is designed for athletics and speed. “But we received a lot of good signals from him in the first week. Noah wants a lot, which is a very good sign. "

Of the three offensive talents closest to the starting march, Mergim Berisha is probably the one. Who always showed concrete approaches in the tests. Marsch puts it like this: "I've seen all of the Altach games of the season from Mergim. He can help us - I'm sure of it. Mergim himself is very, very definitely ready. "

And yet the wobbly Adeyemi, record transfer Okafor and Schlitohr Berisha have to be patient at the moment, the trio has to stay cool if the minutes of use don't hit them right away. The bulls are well positioned in width as rarely before. "I think that we didn't have to accept any major changes, overall we are further than before the winter break," says Captain Ulmer with conviction. And kickers like Patson Daka, who were still on the siding under ex-trainer Rose, are really flourishing: "Patson is ready for a very big role", enthuses Marsch from Zambia "Blitz", who is provisional with Hee Chan Hwang will take the storm positions. The 46-year-old does not tire of emphasizing the major development steps at Szoboszlai, Mwepu and Okugawa.
    https://www.krone.at/2094189

seems like Berisha is closest. Ugh why do I feel like Adeyemi might be held back because Liefering is struggling club, still relegation battle and Adeyemi was involved directly in 50% of the club's goals in terms of goals/assist never mind build up. And also because he's too important for YL playoff.

5. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Eh I don't know... He might said that by reading from teleprompter

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3231 Alex C, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Bayern have been paying lip service to integrating youth for a few years now, whilst simultaneously filling the squad with expensive but often mediocre signings. The likes of Pavard, Renato Sanches (confirmed flop), James (confirmed flop), Perisic, Cuisance and Odriozola spring to mind.

Maybe things will change.

Ger90 and Blueberry_night repped this.
  7. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Few years? Try last decade. Completely agree, lip service

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the key thing is all about coaching. Outside of Van Gaal and Jupp who even wanted to integrate young players? No one. They all had 0 patience to integrate because they wanted results to keep their jobs.

it\s been reported that Flick if he gets the job intends on giving around 3ish young players being super close to the 1st team.

I've always said Bayern needs a coach willing to integrate. And I do agree that Bayern signs tons of meh players too.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more half assed updated.

U17 (1 game only, catch up)
    X2: Farouk
    X1: Hille, Reuter, Vielwock, Rodriguez

U19 (some clubs didn't play)
    X3: Ozdemir
    X2: Moukoko (extends West lead), Schlosser, Kuhinja
    X1: Dincki (extends Nord/Nordost lead), Nankishi, Bias, Beko, Burmeister, L.Schmidt, Mihaljevic, Mahncke, Romano, Cavar, Bakir,Voloder, Jacob Jansen, Mika, Temin, Karahan, Heitzer, Sarpei, Azhil,Tasdemir, Kucuk, Gilej, Ezeh, Barnes, Makanda, Butler, Benedix, Agha, Sanyang (03, making his U19 debut in XI and scored), Kehrer, Lockl, Yildiz, Brahaj, Gueli, Piljek

RL
    Dardai (6th), Schuler (1st), Appelkamp (7th), S.Tigges (9th), Fuhrich (6th)

3rd Liga
    the young WK team beat the young Ingolstadt 3-1. Hemmerich scored his 3rd of the season while Eckert scored his 11th. David on loan made his 3rd Liga debut playing 10 min.

2BL
    -99 Maina was basically MOTM for struggling H96 in a 3-1 win vs Furth. 4 assists in last 4 matches for him. A player where H96 always look better with than without. His speed, dribbling and build up are too important. Maina picked up 2 assists today while his team was 10 men!!! Also the 1st goal Haraguchi scored off a rebound save from a Maina attempt too, lol. Involved in all 3 goals. If he can stay fit as he's had injury issues over past 2 seasons would be nice if he moves to 1BL in Summer. Believe he stated that he's changed his regiment to help. I recall last season in 1BL, lots of clubs were interested but he stayed out of loyalty.
    https://oms.vidstreamup.com/player/html/8d7JgT8f5HcwD?popup=yes&autoplay=1

Teuchert scored his 4th goal of the season, 2nd consecutive scoring game and winner. And 01-Stehle who made his pro and 2BL debut coming on 79th min scored in 90+6 min to seal off the win. 1 goal in 1 game. Although to be fair, Maina was 100% selfless, he should have scored this goal himself instead of laying it for a tap in to Stehle. And look at that another club where it's the young players who save the day.

speaking of Furth, 01-Leweling won a PK which his teammate completely fumbled it. Furth is using (or bench) more and more young players between Jaeckel, Bauer, Tillman, Raum, Lungwitz, Kehr, Leweling, etc.

-AB trash Jahn 6-0 and AB jump back to 1st place above Stuttgart and HSV.
    we could see Pieper, Staude, Seufert, Lucoqui, Kunze, Consbruch, Atmaca, S.Muller in 1BL next season.

Eredivisie
    Yeboah off the bench drew PK that was scored in VVV's 1-1 draw. Like Kuhn feels like club is using him as sub due to his speed/dribbling.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for more on the debutant scorer 01-Stehle.

Faster than Bolt: top talent Simon Stehle the only winner at 96
    Simon Stehle is in Fürth before his professional debut at Hannover 96. The 18-year-old is eligible to play for the professionals, he will probably be part of the squad for the first time. Other clubs are also chasing the fast striker. The contract negotiations with 96 are on the home stretch.

Two young strikers, one winner. On the one hand, the horror news with the cruciate ligament rupture by striker Mick Gudra (19) hit Hannover 96 in the middle of preparation for Fürth. Gudra might have been in the squad because at 96 in Hendrik Weydandt and John Guidetti two attackers were injured.

On the other hand, Simon Stehle (18) is about to make his professional debut. The contract negotiations should be nearing completion. 96 had already successfully applied to play on Sunday in Fürth. "Whether he is an option for the squad, for the first eleven, we still have to decide," said 96 coach Kenan Kocak. He sent the praise ahead: "I am very satisfied with Simon Stehle."

Stehle to 30 meters as fast as Bolt
    It's time for something to move at Stehle. Other clubs were already asking about the striker, whose apprenticeship contract and youth in Hanover ended in four months. No wonder, because the goalscorer, who grew up in Gran Canaria, is as fast at 0 to 30 meters (3.77 seconds) as Usain Bolt (3.78).

In addition, Stehle scores goals - 14 pieces in 13 A-Junior Bundesliga games. He mostly uses his pace on the wings - similar to Linton Maina. In the U 19, he mostly plays on the right front, sometimes changes sides or is used as a center forward.

These home-grown plants could not prevail at Hannover 96 - and they do that today

Eligibility to play is granted
    Stehle is the only winner in the previously unsuccessful professional squad. The 18-year-old has already clinched a win this year compared to the pros (0-1 in Regensburg and 2-2 against Wiesbaden, no win in four tests). The U 19 won 2-1 last Saturday in Kiel, Stehle gave the cross before Eun-sa Jeong's 2-0.

As a youth player, Stehle is not automatically entitled to play for the professionals. Because he is 18 years old, 96 does not need parental permission. His father is German, his mother Colombian, his sister lives in Hamburg. In addition, Stehle is considered a player worthy of support anyway due to his nomination for the junior selection of the DFB.

96 had to submit a written application for permission to play. Eligibility was granted this week. Stehle can continue to play for the U 19. But it has already been signaled to him that he should stay with the professionals.
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...winner-bei-hannover-96-usain-bolt-mick-gudra/

the bolded lol.

Interesting, born in Spain to German father and Colombian mother. Makes sense, his surname Stehle is German after all. We are seeing more and more German-Colombians another is 03-Trujillo of Mainz U17. Although he's provisionally capped by Germany. One of the stars of Mainz U17.

he's not really competition for the currently injured Gudra. Both are very flexible players. Kocak seems to like both players. It's more like "Two forwards" than "Two Strikers". Actually before his injury that takes him out for rest of the season, Gudra was going to make today's squad sucks. I hope H96 is patient with him and don't move on. Would be nice if they can be like WK was with Breunig.

here's hoping that Stehle, Gudra, Walbrecht, Tarnat etc all manage to breakthrough the 1st team. Stehle should be signed to pro contract or risk losing him to poaching.

makes one wonder if dfb can continue to ignore Stehle? Players like him and Leweling who are already playing pro football is harder to ignore.Believe he was on call for the 1st time for dfb in last U19 call ups.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So far, Stehle has been used for the U19 Bundesliga team and also knew how to convince there. In 13 season games the right winger scored 14 goals and gave four assists. Now, thanks to Linton Maina, he has also seamlessly followed up with the professionals and demonstrated his goalscoring qualities. "A dream came true," said an overjoyed Simon Stehle after the final whistle and added: "Linton and I were together in the room yesterday and talked about a situation like that, that he put the ball across and I scored my first goal . And very clear: it is actually his goal. "

The moment of the game:
    Even though this game certainly has many moments worth mentioning, it is the last minute of stoppage time that is particularly stuck. After a corner for the game association, the ball lands at Maina, which increases the pace and sprints towards the empty Fürther goal. In the penalty area, Maina then places on the accompanying Stehle, who pushes in 3: 1 and thus scored his first goal for 96 in his first professional game. A great gesture from Maina!

who knows if Maina leaves in Summer could be chance for Stehle to take his place. Maina currently 1 goal/assist every 2 games on average for a player who spent half season injured.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so Berisha/Adeyemi were both unused bench for Sallzburg 1st team vs Austrian 2nd division club in 3-0 win.

always find it perplexing when clubs don't play young players in Cup. Where do you think Adeyemi played.....Austrian 2nd division and Berisha played Austrian Bundesliga. Instead they start their regulars.

reminds me of how Kovac played full 1st team for Bayern vs RL club in Cup......when Bayern II was in RL last season. Bayern only won 1-0 whereas the young players were beating RL club after another.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More details at what Bayern President said.

It was not long ago that FC Bayern Munich was admired not only for success, but also for their own team. In the 2013 Champions League final, for example, Alaba, Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Müller were four players from the Bayern youth in the starting XI. It is far from that today, but President Herbert Hainer has identified four talents whom he believes to be a breakthrough.
    A striker, a right winger, a left winger and a man for the offensive midfield - from President Hainer's point of view, FC Bayern has talent in the second team in at least four positions suitable for the top division. The 65-year-old speaks of Joshua Zirkzee, Leon Dajaku, Oliver Batista-Meier and Sarpreet Singh.

"All four will be Bundesliga players, I dare to predict," said Hainer in an interview with "Bild am Sonntag". Some of the quartet could "make it at Bayern".

The other youngsters are not quite there yet, but their potential is undisputed. Hainer therefore has a clear idea of how to proceed:

"Of course, we also have to invest, but at the same time it is our goal to get players from our own ranks up."
    Right winger Dajaku and midfielder Sarpreet Singh, who at the age of 20 is two years older than the other three top talents, have already been able to sniff a few minutes of Bundesliga air this season. Left-winger Oliver Batista-Meier is still waiting for his baptism of fire in the football upper house, which seems to be only a matter of time.

The quartet from the second Bayern team, which is currently ranked tenth in the third division, has now been "permanently with the professionals". If everything goes according to plan, Bayern can save one or two million transfers in the future ...
    https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/b...-die-bundesliga-packen_sto7658203/story.shtml

it's not saving 1 or 2 millions it's more 8 digits than 7 digits. Let's go OBM/Dajaku and everyone else!!!

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    another 03 made his U19 debut recently.

Stuttgart's Lukas Laupheimer played as sub in 1st U19 game back from Winter for 9 min and then this weekend he was in XI and played 85 min. Likely needed with Suver with Germany and injuries to others.

with 10 U19 games to go, I expect we'll see more and more 03s start to play in U19.

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So he only mentioned those 4, no mention of Arp or Mai?

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    believe it's because Arp and Mai like Fruchtl/Hoffmann were already part of the extended 1st team from basically Summer. The other 4 were only upped when Flick became coach.

although Arp seems in limbo all because he was injured/out for half a season while I wouldn't be surprised if both Arp/Mai get loans in Summer.

17. Philanova

Philanova Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concrete interest from EPL and he only wants to be #1. What clubs would play a 20 year old GK in EPL as #1?

for his own good he's better off staying in Germany. Feels likely he'll end up in 2BL, maybe if he joins on loan with ambitious 2BL club who can vie for 1BL promotion could be best option. Although could be cool to see him play 1BL next season.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3rd Liga
    -look at that. 99-Kubler who's been injured almost all season in his 1st XI since beginning of the season, plays 90 and assisted the winning goal for Jena in a 2-1 win. Said it before, club would have been more likely to be in better table position had Kubler been fit all season.

Dutch 2nd division
    -Arweiler scores his 8th of the season as Utrecht II trash Ajax II 7-2, lol.

2BL
    Kiel beat Pauli 2-1.
    Ozcan scores his 4th goal of the season. Assist by Porath.
    https://streamja.com/1dzk

Serra scores his 7th goal of the season and Winner. Assist by Ozcan.
    https://streamja.com/ogAN

Ozcan on loan this season in 2BL
    4 goals and 5 assists in 18 games.

while Serra is at
    7 goals and 3 assists in 17 games.

Serra very likely hitting 2nd consecutive double digits season in 2BL. And him and Ozcan would be surprising if they aren't in higher level come Summer time.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    On another note, starting tomorrow, I'm not going to post on bigsoccer until at the min Feb 22-23, around next 2 weeks. I did say it from beginning that I wasn't going to update much in Feb.

will be interesting to see if there are any discussions or not, lol. Anyways this place is a forum for discussions. The sole purpose of posting updates is to incite discussions, it's not a football news website.

just being polite about why I would be absent for 2 weeks. If I ever left the forum for good, I would say it in advance too.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It’s a big problem

2003 have good players but the difference in quality between best XI n their backups is huge

Jens Castrop, Keanu Kraft, Ulmann those played against Portugal U17 in Algarve Cup. They are not good enough to play for DFB.
    Apparently there were some experiments like DLF at LB, Castrop as a partner of Rhein and so on. But some players aren’t up to it

I think there are maximum 15 players we can use in the 2003 age group. When Netz, Wirtz or others aren’t available, we can’t play Castrop, Kraft those there. Not even Sieb as I remember he doesn’t play well with the NT

So what can we do in Elite round? 3 games in 7 days, are we gonna use the same XI for 3 games? Impossible. we need some rotation especially for the 2nd game but it’s difficult because squad is really small and there aren’t many players u can trust.

Urbig
    Semic
    Suver
    Mbi
    David Herold
    Bent Andersen
    Luca Denk (as DM)
    Dennis Lutke-Frie
    Torben Rhein
    Florian Wirtz
    Lasse Günther
    Luca Netz
    Igor Matanovic
    Emrehan Gedikli
    Maybe Turan Calhanoglu

we can’t trust Jens Castrop, Aliu, Keanu Kraft, Ulmann...even as backup

that limits our rotation in the Elite Round

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our U16 lost again... and lost to Portugal

two defeats in two days against Portugal in both U17 (0-2) and U16(2-3)

of course this wasn’t our best possible team but neither was Portugal’s

Anton Kade, Yusuf Kabadayi and Kenan Hadziavdic are missing , yes. But defence was a problem. We lack some balance in midfield

24. Philanova

Philanova Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 12, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So, on Kabadayi — I believe that he most recently played for the DFB U16s, more recently so than with the Turkish national teams. If I understand correctly, you've indicated that his citizenship status is moving slowly due to his parents' immigration situation. Have their been any developments on this (i.e. is a resolution in sight?)? And if so, is there any sense on whether Kabadayi prefers to play for Germany over Turkey, assuming citizenship is granted in due time?

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes Kabadayi actually prefers DFB and was in the U16 training camp in La Manga last month

his dad has confirmed his son’s interest/preference too.

but Kabadayi doesn’t have a German passport yet and it’s under consideration. Ahmet Kabadayi said his German citizenship won’t come before 2021. So we have to see.

Philanova repped this.