Attn: Mls Front Office

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by eddygee, Aug 30, 2007.

1. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many who know baseball know that those teams get money its been signifigant from other teams going over the luxury tax. However their owners don't spend it. Look it up

Give up Im RIGHT YOU CAN'T WIN. JUST JOIN ME.

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is actually a great idea. This way we can pay more attention to MLB when MLS goes under.

3. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok know it alls my plan was thought out. You state this won't work and that go get the actual facts to prove your point this is typical message board crap here one person or two peple say something witty than the whole thread follows blindly. Look up the facts of what I said and I gurantee you with some tweaking here and there my plan works. Don't forget we're on the same team here we all want MLS to be successful.

4. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully you all are serious soccer fans and are here for the long haul like me cause when the MLS sets up something like this im gonna laugh:)

5. Steele

Steele New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    The don't spend it because WTF is $12 MM extra going to do for Tampa Bay when they are spending $30 MM and division rivals New York and Boston are spending $200 MM and $150 MM.

Still WTF does this have to do with MLS and your plan where no team can ever reach the luxury cap because a team would default into bankrupcy before ever shelling out a single dollar in luxury tax?

6. eddygee

eddygee Member+

DC United
    May 12, 2007
    Moco, Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK what is similar because unlike MLB, MLS can start the same system but have it in place from the get go without having to make the rule after years of thing being unbalanced. Don't talk about baseball Im a Orioles fan I know how it works. Are owner Peter Angelos has bookoo money you think he spends it. No

7. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, basically, we need to find 3-4 insanely wealthy owners who want to throw money around. Lots and lots and lots of money. So much money that they have to give money to all the other owners because they threw so much money around.

Even though they will never make enough money from ticket sales and TV rights to make even a fraction of all that money they've thrown around back, they'll be dying to throw all that money around on soccer players.

OK, works for me. I'm putting you in charge of finding those guys. Let us know how it goes.

8. yankeehooligan

yankeehooligan New Member

Jan 23, 2001
    USA
    You should really read Newtex's responses to your original post eddygee, or should I say Alexi Lalas. Unlike some others who are just trashing you, he's providing you with an education. MLS's single-entity system was put in place to avoid to the Cosmos effect. Sure when the Cosmos came to town those franchises benefitted in increased attendance (like Beckham), but when they weren't playing the Cosmos some clubs barely drew 5K. And just because you pay a lot of money for a player doesn't mean he is going to be a attendance boost (see Lothar Matthaus). The difference with MLS is some of the revenue gained from Beckham (or Blanco or Angel, although it's obviously significantly less) is redistributed among the teams to keep the league financially solvent. We can't "take the training wheels off" until we're certain the league won't ride into a tree.

9. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the most convincing argument I've ever heard....that will not work!

You need to give up, you are getting picked apart.