Attendance, WTF?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Tupamaro, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Tupamaro

Tupamaro New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Damn, did the FO not promote the game at all? What the hell, where was the Colorado fanbase. It's not like the game was played midweek. This is really, really weak. Was anybody there in attendance that was not related or is a friend of a Rapids player? Yeah, this club deserves to win. I say next year in order to make the playoffs they also look at your attendance numbers and if you're not averaging a certain number you don't make it into the final 8, not even if the team went undefeated. Punish the hell out of the fans.

P.S. Galaxy is going to murder the cRapids next Saturday.

2. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dude it was a cold-ass Friday night. Our attendance is ALWAYS low on Friday nights. Besides we managed to get 8,000 there anyway.

I think better time would be spent figuring out how you're going to win next week's game being a goal down than worrying about our attendance figures, slick.

3. Tupamaro

Tupamaro New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    LOL@8,000 You can't seriously believe there was that many people there slick. I could literally count the number of people behing the goal on my finguers and toes. Boooooo! Colorado fans, you suck!

4. Wallydrag

Wallydrag BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, you might want to put a [R] in the title. If you don't can the mods?

5. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    Who won, Tupamaro? That's right! The Rapids! The amount of fans at a game doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is who won. Now shut your mouth and go back to the Galaxy boards.

I was at the game and there was at least 8,000 there. Pretty good turn out for a late friday game and the temperature being about 40 degrees.

6. Tupamaro

Tupamaro New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Ah, you must be Cannon's second cousin who he likes to make love to after each game. Look, even if you guys win the f'ing title nobody is going to care but the close friends and family of the players. I don't even think the extended family of the team attends the games unless there is a big fireworks show and it's the 4th of July. But that's going to be a moot point since the Galaxy is going to win by at least 5 goals next week at the HDC.

7. #1Keeper

#1Keeper Member+

Feb 7, 2004
    You are such a joke. Your team lost so now you have to resort to talking ********** about other teams' fans? You really are pathetic and so is the Galaxy!

8. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

9. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Why wasn't this game played on a Saturday night ? Also, why the footbal 'gridiron' recently painted went the Broncos play away this week ?

10. allism

allism New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Thornton, CO
    That one I can't figure out either. I thought it might be because of a Broncos home game on Sunday, but they don't play at home this week at all.

The attendance scared me at first, but most of the crowd showed up a few minutes into the game - I think the Buck Bud night was keeping a lot of the fans outside.

The attendance according to mlsnet.com was 8,028.

And re: counting the number of people behind the goal - We don't really seat people behind the goals - Invesco is a large stadium, most of the fans are seated in the seats bordering the sidelines.

11. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see...

I am not related to, or a friend of any of the players.

Punishing the fans would be a marvelous thing to do, if you wanted to fold the league.

The FO hasn't promoted much of anything this season - see any number of threads concerning that. (Titles like "KSE SUX!!" and the like.)

Yes this club DOES deserve to win, despite Hankinson's interference. You guys have squandered way too many opportunities. It's someone else's turn now.

Playoffs: Where does that leave your team under Sampsonball next year? 27k a game, but finishing sixth.

We Colorado fans have nothing to do with your boys phoning it in in the cold, thin air. Claim "shrinkage" all you like, your guys left it in L.A.

12. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because, it's THEIR stadium.

13. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    The attendance was embarrassing. Sure it was chilly, but it's a playoff game. Sure it's Friday night, so what? Why should Friday be worse than Saturday nights?

I hope the management isn't looking at the pathetic numbers and second guessing the new stadium. I can't say I would blame them. I don't see any reason why more would show up at the new place.

14. milehimarc

milehimarc New Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Northglenn, CO USA
    One of the local papers today had an article about the high school marching bands championship happening Saturday @ IF@MH...and that the Broncos moved a practice from the field due to that event...yeah, the Broncos moving an event.

15. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may explain the "extra" hash marks on the major yardlines. An extra 4 or 5 marks.

16. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah, milehigh is right, my brother is a drummer in his high school's marching band, and the state championships are at Invesco all day today. This was scheduled LONG before the Rapids playoff games were figured out...

17. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they need football lines why?

18. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Just guessing, but marching bands play at halftimes of football games and may construct their marching routines using the lines.

19. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Dude, you're looking at the East stands on TV.... I counted the East stands and south stands and there were 2,000 buts in the seats there. The West stands have a lot more fans.

20. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Exactly right.... Marching bands are for Football and the lines are their friends.

21. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    You missed the point, since the Broncos are not playing at home this week - why paint the 'gridiron' on the field the day before the Rapids game ? Simply wait until the day after the Rapids play to prepare the field for football.

22. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    By this logic your beloved Galaxy should never make the playoffs.

You've got a metro-area population in LA of what, 8-10 million people, and average aout 24K per game in a soccer-specific stadium. Denver has less than 2 million in the area and manages 14K per game in a cavernous NFL stadium. Just who is doing a bad job with attendance here?

It'll be a lot more fun to look at attendnace numbers next year, when half of the Galaxy's fans stop showing up in favor of Chivas games.

23. FC5280

FC5280 Member

Dec 21, 2003
    You tell that mofo Greenie!

24. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I did. And I do agree that the re-paint could wait a day, or even a week, since they're on the road. In a perfect world, the Rapids could get the gridiron lines rubbed out for the most part, but, Invesco belongs to Bowlen and the Broncos. Despite whatever comments he or they make to the contrary.

It seems to me that once the gridiron gets painted, it stays. I don't know how long it takes for the groundscrew to get the job done, but I suspect it's long enough that they only want to have to do it once, save touching it up.

You'll note that at the start of our season, the gridiron lines are barely visible and on the way out, since the NFL season is long over.

Of course in a TRULY perfect world this wouldn't be an issue.

25. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they can't freestlye then they shouldn't be in a competion in the first place.