Attendance for Saturday doubleheader???

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by arefmusa, Jul 11, 2005.

1. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering if this game will be sold out?? any news in how many tickets they sold till now, Chivas is a big Draw in Chicago plus REAL MADRID, I think it should sell out?? any figures !!!!!

2. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I'll make a guess of 50k. But I haven't done the ticketmaster thing.

3. leftwing

leftwing Member

Dec 9, 1999
    Lake Bluff, Il
    can't believe this game won't sell out, but they are advertising in the Trib which means they still must have plenty of tickets.

4. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound

am i rite guys?! lol.

5. Fires Of Fulham

Fires Of Fulham New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Chicago, USA
    Had it had the amount of lead time of Manchester United/Bayern Munich last year, it would definitely have sold out. But as it stands the Real Madrid contingent from places like Toronto (who would come to see Figo since now it appears he's coming like it or not) are going to have a more difficult time clearing their schedule and making it to Chicago.

The Chivas contingent should be about 30,000 strong, the neutrals (read Fire fans - though I'm totally behind Real myself) about 12,000. 7,000 curious just to see Beckham. So, if 6,000 or so Real Madrid fans make it, that's 55,000.

Are they opening the whole field for this match? I didn't check the seating chart. If they're not, 55,000 is more than enough to sell out most configurations.

EDIT: Looks like it's configed for 61,000 according to another thread so I'm going to go against the flow and say it won't sell out. But it will be really close.

6. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will help Guppy pad his attendance numbers, which will help in selling advertising in the stadium next year in bridgeview. 15,000-17,000/game looks a lot better than 9-10,000.

7. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was doing the ticketmaster things, and u can buy tickets any where u want :(, look like it will be around 35000 only. Any one have solid news about how many tickets they sold till now??

8. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Why do people care? If you want to go see the game go see the game. If you don't then don't. What does it matter how many other people are there, other then bad traffic?

9. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    People always says this, but it really true? If we know this, don't the advertisers know also?

10. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you dont care dont answer :)

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexican fans historically buy tickets day of the game but I wonder if the prices ($40-$125)are going to keep some people away.My guess now is 38,000.

12. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Cause BigSoccer posters like attendance banter... Even more then they actually like soccer in many cases I suspect. :)

13. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    I didn't answer. I asked a question. :) :) :)

14. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I've heard that only level 400 $55 tickets should be available day of game.

15. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Ugh, just remembered that Journey plays at the theatre on Northerly Island Saturday night. Traffic should be a nice ********shop on Saturday.

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Journey fans and Chivas fans sharing the lakefront on Saturday?

My God, the mullets we will see! :D

17. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know those journey fans are known for tailgating and camping out before concerts. The fire game is at 3pm, the concert is 4-5 hours later. Traffic sucks in the city during the summer on a weekend it shouldn't be a surprise. Leave early or take CTA and quit whining.

18. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raise your hand if you have tickets to both events and you live within walking distance.

Am I the only one?

All you (us) Fire fans better start signing (or learning how to sing) "Don't Stop Believin'" for the AC Milan match. :D

19. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Hey, Mr. Know-It-All, since you have all the answers, explain to me how 10,000 cars are going to get out of the same parking lots at 7 PM that 4,000 cars are going to be trying to get into at the same time.

I'll hang up and wait for your response.

20. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't drive if you can't sit in traffic, this is life in the big city.

21. I always wondered what happened to Journey. I stopped listening to them after Look Into The Future. The first two albums featured crap lyrics and great musicianship. Did they get any better?

BTW, Go Fire! Fvck the goats.

22. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Hey I'm coming from California and I am taking the L or walking back to the hotel. :eek:

23. As of last Saturday, they had sold 22,000. They expected to sell 1500-2000 per day since then. That would make the presale between 30,000 and 35,000. However, as noted earlier, pay day is on the 15th for many, and Hispanic fans are known to buy at the gate. On ticketmaster, you can still get seats at all price levels, but the locations have gotten gradually worse all week. I've been checking each day. The 400 level seats are not for sale on Ticketmaster, so they will not be sold until game day. I'm guessing that all but 400's will be gone by game time. How many actually show up is anybody's guess, but I'm expecting over 50,000. Wait until they arrive tonight and get on all the TV shows, especially Hispanic channels.

24. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    You didn't answer the question.

25. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gave you a solution to your problem. You're probably one of the idiots that drives to wrigley field then complains that there isn't any parking or is mad that they get a parking ticket or their car towed. Soldier Field was not designed to be convenient. Sure it's easy to get in and out when there is only 10,000 people. It's a July weekend, there are always numerous things going on the lakefront. I guess you've never been to a bears game. what you do is enjoy the games without dreading the trip home, hang out in the parking lot 60-90 minutes socialize, have a couple beers (if you can get your wife to drive) enjoy your ride home. Problem solved.