Atmosphere at Mitchell

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Dennishz, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Dennishz

Dennishz Member

Aug 8, 2002
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta give props to the supporters group that was sitting by the corner flag near the Columbus goal. I was sitting on the opposite end of the east stands in the fist half and it completely dead on that side. Just a bunch of junior high girls talking and not even watching the game. I then moved to your side in the second half. But much props to u guys. You guys made the atmosphere somewhat better. If only the whole stadium was filled with supporters like you guys, the game experience would be so much better.

Is just me or did it feel good being able to see the Metrostars in your own back yard with going to F###in New Jersey.

2. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    I have disagree... I like Jersey better just from the lone fact that when someone like Alvarez is sucking that bad and I drop a curse somewhere it doesn't feel like the soccer mom brigade is gonna whoop my ass.

3. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's backyard?

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think he meant to say that it was nice to see the metrostars in his backyard without having to drive to "effing" Jersey. I assume he's from Long Island.

My thoughts:

- It was nice not to have to pay for parking

- It was nice to be that close to the players

- It was nice to only get mildly ripped off for drinks (water is 2.00 vs. 3.50 at GS, etc)

- I missed the Jersey boys who did not come

- Considering the sidelines only seating and the running track, I felt very far from the pitch. Not helped by the fact we were in one corner behind the end line. If we did move there permanentely, for the reasons above I would like a goal section just for ESC that would let us get closer and would also seperate us from the soccer moms as UncleLtrain alluded to. I like cursing (occassionally), but I don't want to be singing "you suck, a-hole" and telling sodomy jokes next to 4 year old kids.

- The "no throwing streamers on the field" law (Nassau county's not the stadiums) is stupid.

- No jumbotron means no replays of anything, and the audio volume was pretty weak, so you had to recognize the players to figure out who was coming on and off (okay for metro, but I can't memorize every player in the league)

Other than that, good time.

5. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    I wasn't saying I throw the F bomb every second I get... only that there are certain points where I forget to control myself. I totally agree with the jumbo tron statement... and the seating was pretty far off the pitch. Other than that I really didn't mind it too much. Although thanks to the little girls sitting in my section I think I know a little too much about which 15 year old likes which 15 year old in Long Island. I can do without that.

6. LMoroney

LMoroney Member

Jan 28, 1999
    Atmosphere was better than it usually was for Power games...

Did anybody notice how many TAMPA BAY MUTINY jerseys were floating around?

Bargain sale or some kind of protest?

:L

7. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    peanuts in a paper cup...$3

i'm actually surprised they can sell them for such a low price considering the high fixed costs and overhead.

8. Dennishz

Dennishz Member

Aug 8, 2002
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying the field Mitchell Field isanything spectacular, butwhat I meant was thatit's nice being able to watch a game in NY.......my back yard.
    I hate Jersey.

9. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I noticed several nuts flying by your head last night...
    and then there were the peanuts Bruce was throwing at you ;)

10. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Keep the f-ing posts in one thread.......

<shakes head>
    New Yorkers