Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is this the kid that backed out of the move to Brasil? Or am I getting mixed up?

If so, good for him that we didn't lose him to blacklist...

2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Yup. I was concerned as well, especially since he was poised to go to Junior and that fell through, too.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    do you think so?

1. he have showed lack of professionality in his previous negotiations...first with cruzeiro and then junior.
    2. he isnt super young...if we compared him with the other cracks of envigado, like gio, james, guarin, dorlan, juan fer etc....with 23 he have been late to be outstadning in fpc.....

Doogs repped this.
  4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Yes, but I don't think it'll happen. Nacional has too many experienced players and has two 10s currently playing at a very high level. Both of whom play much better when the other is not available.

I mainly wrote what I did because of the stage that is Nacional in the eyes of scouts. And Guzman is a VERY mature player.

The comparisons to other Envigado players aren't exactly fair. Juanfer and Guarin left when they were still prospects with only handfuls of appearances. Dorlan and Gio caught eyes sooner because they were far better goal scorers. But Yeison is just as important to Envigado as the last two were.

Apparently Nacional has been trying to grab him for years, but Envigado refused to let him go on a loan or cheap deal. With how little they made from all the guys you mentioned, I can understand why they kept him under lock and key. It's just a shame Envigado will NEVER have the accolades to have true leverage on their assests...

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's a remarkable run of players.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    RafaLarios repped this.
  7. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That is why we wanted to return to the stadiums, what a shameful thing for all parties involved. There was instigation, violence overall, and theis were 2 teams that doesn't seem to have too much bad blood unlike Millonarios and Nacional.

The fact that the game resumed is also a disgrace.

ryu79 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jesus. They had video evidence. Is that normal there?

11. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At the start of the league I didn't think we would be in this position, with new coach and the shithousery about signing players...

upload_2021-9-6_7-42-50.png

But the team is playing well (there a lot of things to fix but still), and there is a different attitude in the field. Also Memin debuted with a golazo and an excellent game.

I am getting optimist here!.

12. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After a troubled start, in yesterday's win over America (good first half , boring second half) we are again leaders of the board and in the stands... Sometimes even myself am impressed by our attendances, even when we are not playing particuarly well

Being there is amazing

I have season tickets and it is definitelly worth it. Watching on tv just doesn't make it for me.

Azucarero repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is Nacional u20 goalie good?

they are probably in the final why are they going to kill the kids career by bringing in Chunga? Chunga should go to Junior, Cali or Medellin

14. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't know what are You talking about.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    kevin meir was the u20 goalie last cycle he is 22 and Nacional starting goalie.

him taking them to the final should warrant him keeping his spot. I just don’t want to see another goalie get burned out like the Dep cali goalies that got to the play offs and were h23 then went on loan. Never heard of them again

16. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kevin Mier started VERY shaky on the first few games of the tournament and earned a lot of scorn, so there was a rotation between him and Aldair Quintana. However Mier earned his spot on the first team with very good performances during the year.

I now have full confidence in him to be the starting goalie in the next tournaments and I don't know of any news regarding him going into loan.

The other goalies on the team are:

- Aldair Quintana (who had plenty opportunities but he was prone to horrible mistakes that costed us some goals/games) so I don't think he will be starting soon (unless is a backup game or something like that).

- Luis Marquinez who is 19 but I haven't seen him play so I don't know how good he really is.

17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Regarding the Cuadrangulares, huge game this wednesday agains Junior at home. We Tie or Win and we are in the finals. We have the advantage being at home with a full stadium but I have been dissapointed before so I am not taking this game lightly.

If we go on to the final, the most probable team we face is Tolima.. and you know who has been our tormentors for the last few years :(:cry:

18. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What a game changer of a goal!:

Huge step for us to win against Tolima (weird I know) with a nice goal difference. I think we should be able to mantain our advantage in the Final game against Tolima in Ibague. But I am not calm about this next game either.

We really need to saly this dragon once and for all.

lvbeto repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Started watching the last 1
    Minutes the Jarlan goal was super nice two great headers in the box is always a goal.

Jarlan is a little itch tho haha and a cry baby

he has Cardona type personality without the talent

Mier :) …. Call him up!! Please Nacional don’t get a 50 year old from Argentina or Uruguay to kill this kids career. Please develop our next Ospina

20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ahhhh

Finally after 2017 we win a league final.. 5 YEARS.. god damn..... and against Tolima, that was a ghost we needed to slay.

I don't really like how we play most of the time, we play well bellow our expectations. But a league title is a title, and after 5 years we needed it however the way.

Why do you say that?.. I don't like Jarlan (he plays godly 1 of every 7 games), but i don't get the reference of a crybaby.

I don't think there is anyone interested in the guy for now. He has grown A LOT in this semester. The first few matches I was ready to take his head off, but he persevered and now he is loved , as it should be.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    After the championship celebrations, Nacional must ruin everything just like they did after the 2017 title, so they got rid of Gio for nonsense. Since then, the mood of the players and coach os down, and we are with TWO points out of 12. Tomorrow we'll have another challenging mission in the 1st leg against Junior (1/4 Copa). I don't have too many expectations from this tournament, the opposite of my previous three weeks ago. I hope we'll improve and be ready for the Copa Libertadores with better reinforcement and much better decisions by the board members.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  22. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    While I do agree with you about the terrible decisions of the front office, I have to say that we were not playing well even on our championship run, it was mostly "huevos" , because our tactics and strategy were terrible ALL year.

I am thankful por Arriero's compromise and his efforts on the championship, but he is a terrible manager, poor substitutions and zero development. We only play one way and is not terribly effective. Lat semester we had the wind on our backs but with Gio Exit eeryone just stoped playing. And we haven't changed players (other than Gio and he didn't play much last semester either).

We should have brought more players this semester so they could be in the building for at least 6 months before Libertadores, but now I am not even hopeful for next year.

FPC sucks

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think it comes down to these guys having 0 vacation time

while does the 9th place team have a month plus to rebuild.

this kills teams that win because if they sell anyone how do you replace them in 1 week

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Another horrendous performance in Barranquilla. No cup for us this year. Our defence looks terrible; nothing has changed since a month ago. Cabal and Gomez must return because Mejia and Castro don't do the work. Also once again, the goalkeeper problem. We have a talented one like Mier, and that's it. It's just the beginning, but I think we'll gonna have a nightmare of a season :(

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    First win of the season 3-1 against Pasto. The team played well, we had several good chances that were missed, but overall we played well. But we do have two major problems:
    1. The defence. I can't remember when we finished a game with a clean sheet. And not only that, we lose almost in every air battle. This is how we also received the goal tonight. We need a much better centre-back than Castro next to Turro.

2. I love Duque (La Fiera) he is truly a goal scorer, but we cannot play with only one striker who is extremely slow. I can't remember when he received a through ball and actually finished like a great striker when he left the defender behind. In most cases the defenders chase him and take the ball. We need a younger and faster striker

RafaLarios repped this.