Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool FC - CL - Feb 18 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Feb 15, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So the only thing that really separated us in Madrid was a fortunate deflection? Cool, I think we've got a good shot at Anfield.

2. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's what losing feels like, hopefully the lads won't do much more of that, not a lot of fun.

I thought it was pretty simple, we predictably caught Athleti at the very best (and worst). This was their biggest match of the season and the early goal gave them something to build around. We weren't at our best but nights like this happen even to the best side in the world. Klopp sets the team to peak three times a year, at the start of the season, through the festive period, and finally in March/April. January/February has always been a tough time under Klopp, remember all of the worried pearl clutching after the first leg against Munich last season?

As others have said we can't play much worse, and that's the best they've played in 12 months. I still expect us to win the tie, although we all know anything can happen especially with European Refs (although expecting some home cooking this time). But if the crazy thing does happen and we go out it won't be because we're shit, or they lads don't have heart it'll just be one of those and we move on.

newterp and CB-West repped this.
  3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, I can't, unfortunately because this one post of mine was in response to a point made in a sequence of posts between two or three other posters (to wit: at least Burning247, delaynomo and Stilton involved) which had nothing whatsoever to do with Athletico Madrid ... now why didn't you mention it before to one of therm, since their posts are taking up wayyy more time-space to anyone reading this thread ....?
    That would have been the logical thing to do.

Also, I didn't mention politics. I mentioned a grim deception, which is, whether you like it or not, most pertinently relatable to the idea that Stilton had engaged with of facts and logic actually mattering to existence.

Granted, this thread ain't the specific place for the notion to be debated, but if wandering off course bothers you so much, you should state it at the time/moment it bothers you, and not wait for one particular post you apparently don't like, above and beyond the other offending ones, to set off your anti-rubbish discovery and eradication proposals.
    If you so wait until one particular piece of unrelated data comes along, after streams of also unrelated data have passed down the page, then your opinion on the direction the thread should take is considerably lessened in authority.

4. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Do you think frogs find toads attractive?

5. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Zaq...i said "can you all..."

Yours was just the last in a number of non relevant posts on a match thread. I wasn't singling you out.