Atlas official thread Vol. III [R]

Discussion in 'Atlas' started by sidspaceman, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    yeah i take about what i said about the atlas's kit this year, i saw the libertad highlights and they be looking smooth :D

2. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great signings and what a performance tonight by the team. 5-0 good buy kitty cats. Next week will be a real test when we play against Cruz Azul, but we will be playing at home and hopefully we repeat what we did tonight.

3. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the new guys did a great job , good to see them defend well also. horrid performance by jaguares, and the mediocre job by the ref expelling Bautista..

4. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco
    The ref was anti-bofo

Atlas still would have won that easy even if Jaguares had 11.

excellent execution in dead ball sitiuations...I stoped watching after 3-0.

5. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Great game by Atlas and the refuerzos looked great :)

6. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    holy shit that chilena was facking nice

7. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What the hell is Pedro Hernandez doing as a starter? Did Bava lose his job or is he injured. The goalkeeper was garbage yesterday.

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Same question i have been asking myself and Romero scored a golazoo!! i have been following him for a while now and i believe that if he is given playing time he will become a great player

9. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco
    what moves by Christian Sanchez...I had to watch it again 4x in slo-mo to see exactly how he shook off Lozano and Chavez

Brindisi is showing his players confidence. This is every player's kind of coach. He will let you fight out a spot and not just give it away...thats why Bava is bench. He does have a rotating system, like Rafa Benitez at Liverpool...I'm not worried Jerry Flores is bench, he will get to play.

Sucks Vargas is out..Ive seen videos of him and he reminds you of Marioni, but is more of a gol oriented striker, he will combine with his teamates less.

10. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know we lost this weekend, but I donno I see something different in seasons team. There is a certain spark to the team. We can score, and do it in a damn good fashion, we just gotta learn how to control the ball towards the end of the game so it doesn't get outta hand.

We are getting close.

11. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  12. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Bava started against tigres and made a bonehead move ala newbie goalie on the last goal they scored on him.

One more lost and its time to push the ""were in deep shit help us"button.

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  15. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree with you. What happened to all that praise they gave him last year after he did a solid job in Libertadores with a bunch of young guys. Por eso el Atlas esta como esta, they sell their top defender like 4 games into the season, and then they fire Brindisi who was doing a good job with a young team.

16. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am surprised at the way their season kicked off despite the great season they had prior... i don't understand the sell of Colotto though , he was the crucial figure in defense they work w/ him all pre-season make him captain only to sell him for just 3m euros .. i think he was def. worth twice that... i think its strange/stupid that you have a good coach that brings a great a campaign in international tournaments w/ young nobody's .. just to fire him the next because of a few bad results....

Pachuca has the same results but they are not firing Enrique Meza!!

17. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Colotto was the best defender they had. They did the exact same thing with Fabricio Fuentes a few seasons ago.

Exactly, they have to learn to be a little bit more patient. I know the season is short in Mexico, but still if you start slow, and then you string a few wins in a row you're back in contention.

18. ЯR

ЯR New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Morocco
    I would have kept him, he was an excellent figure on the bench and made the team play well.

Thats what happens when you sell your heart (Marioni) and soul (Medina) of your team.

I only like Botinelli of the 3 they brought in. He shows the character this team needs and the other 2 don't.

The good is that Vidrio and Ayala will get to play together alot more and build slowly a solid back.

19. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Well we won 2-0.Bad ass goal by Botinelli.

this thread has pretty much died tnx to the latest results.

)#*@ing Directiva

Half of the barra 51 didnt show up.Telling the directiva the fans arent happy

20. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are they pissed about Brindisi's firing?

21. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Pretty much they were pissed about everything from the the firing to the sale of Colotto

22. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well, ok come on why wouldn't they sell him? Seriously the academy of Atlas has great talent and now it will show. We sold him and made some money, he was bound to leave sooner or later. And the brindsi firing, you could see that coming too, the results he was putting out and mostly losing to BOCA AT HOME LAST SEASON. (Heartbreaker)

I have faith in mis roji negros though <3

Specially with what they showed tonight with the comeback :D