Atlanta soccer POdcast????

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by DCUdiplomat96, May 11, 2011.

1. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just wondering if anyone would know if there is a raido type podcast talking soccer from a atlanta perspective? if not would anyone would like to maybe see or would support it if one was to exist?

2. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ESPN Deportes Radio on 1100 AM is broadcasting Silverbacks home games.

3. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not what I'm talking about, I'm saying more like a talk show type thing like CSRN or WFD.

4. danielofthedale

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not heard of any podcasts like you are talking about. But I would listen to one if there was and I would even contribute if I could/was asked.

5. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah For a few months I was wonder and currently exploring the idea for such a podcast kinda something to connect like interest innot just in Atlanta , maybe alabama carolinas the south. Also maybe the podcast can help connect like people who are also fans of the game and to help increase awareness around the communities and help the silverbacks the beat and other organizations. At the moment I'm exploring and soon will continue to get feed back. I want to see if there is a base, or at least help develope that base fanbase that is here in atlanta and other areas to help push the movement for big time soccer.

6. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd be interested. i think it'd be a good idea to include the rest of the southeast, as well. it'd help make our voice louder, i believe.

7. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, I just see a potential for one I know a couple people with the capabilities to establish one, I just want to see where the fan base is at with it. I was also thinking of inviting him to some bars around town and also see if there can be a collective of like fans who would look forward of supporting it. ......The format of the show would basically similar to what the American soccer show or WFD as a example, but with a southern fan imput and ineraction and involvement network type thing

8. CARBONERO25

CARBONERO25 Member

May 12, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off topic question. Does anyone know if the world football challenge is coming back to Atlanta? I will be in Atlanta in june/july. I would like to know if there will be a match. Last year it was America vs Man City. and the year before was AC Milan vs America. Thanks.

9. exurbanite

exurbanite New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, far there has been nothing in regards to the World Football Challenge returning to Atlanta in the summer. At present, a number of fixtures have already been announced (check out the WFC site for a complete listing: worldfootballchallenge.com) and none of these matches are scheduled for Atlanta. Of course, the list is still being completed and according to prior reports, the WFC is expected to include some clubs from Italy--so, we will just have to wait and see if anything happens with it.

10. kofte

kofte Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sort of back on topic, IMS has a regular podcast on the NASL and talk about each game (though there isn't one this week). They have had someone reporting on the Silverbacks games. It's not Southern in focus, but sounds along the same lines. website - http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/