At the risk of being fined £580...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by ONE, Sep 3, 2002.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They gotta be joking! Maybe the cops were mackems.

2. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
  3. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    The polis have certainly made buffoons of themselves on this one, but the resultant publicity for the pub is a lot more than £580 could buy.

One of the reasons for the action was that seeing the scarf could cause alarm and distress. You would think that the Mackems would be used to that from watching their team.

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Brilliant!

I've watched a few matches on their projection screen over the years, it's a great pub full of NUFC goodies.

5. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    I thought political correctness was a joke in the US. Would this not have been a Magpie pub? Why would any Black Cat fan be there or give a s*** anyways. Sorry to troll but I found this to be a bit disturbing.

6. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    We can only speculate on the motivation of the policemen in question. Even Sunderland supporters have ridiculed the case.

On this basis Roy Keane will have to serve tens of thousands of writs for slander every time he plays away from Old Trafford.

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the same pub i went to when i was in Newcastle last season, and i might even end up there today. really nice place. I'll be sure to tip...

This story got a lot of TV and paper coverage, so i'm sure they are making a lot more money than they used to.... I just hope they have covered their court costs.