Asics Boot Thread- Everything Asics posted here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by kiongsm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    thanks so much bruh

2. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Recieved my DS Light (TSI 734) today .

My thought , half size down as well.

greyhail repped this.
  3. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I managed to find an old DS light and tried them on at a store, i think half a size down is perfect as well.
    and coincidentally i met someone today with a pair and he too told me to go half a size down.
    half a size down it is!

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Several shops have Ds Lights now, Asics shops mostly have it.

lucky you. I went half a size down for the X-fly and they were still too big, pissed as hell about it. Really like it alot, leather feels soft and supple, and light enough.

5. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I have 4 blisters between my two feet after finally accepting the fact that i can't fit the neos at all...
    my usual size is too long and 1/2 size down is too small.
    bye money

6. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
  7. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    really nice k leather upper, lots of stitching so similar to morelia 2. relatively comfy soleplate and nice fit in the heel, quite snug. feel a little bit bulkier on feet than morelia 2 as well. i personally didnt notice the "hg10mm" wedge, i dont think its as big a deal as people make it out to be. only thing i found weird were the amount of tags, especially the two blades on the front. Testimonial 4 is the latest model, but for that price...probs worth a try ;)

8. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    thanks Alex,

sizing?

i'm now a uk6.5 in the morelias

9. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Would definitely give a try for that price ( plus VAT )

If anyone could confirm the size ( Those 3 pairs of DS Light in different models that I own are all half size down )

10. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    they run half a size SMALL(huh? small? what? IKR, that's why I can't stand Asics stuff, all their sizes are all over), so go half a size up from your usual morelia size

12. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I mean I have to take half size down for all my Asics DS Light series. :laugh:

13. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Man, i gotta be honest i think i went true to size with these but its going back a few years now so im not so sure. if you like the vujojosh reviews i believe he recommended true to size. going from asics for the most part their sizing is a bit off, but i got a hankerin i went true to size. hope that helps :/ youll have to let us know how you go :)

http://soccerreviewsforyou.com/2012/06/asics-lethal-testimonial-2-review/

14. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
  15. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I did with the 5's i believe. They're not meant to compliment speed, they're meant to make it a super comfy ride when running, so more midfield powerhouse-ish (noting weight and how protected your feet feel)

Alex57910 and greyhail repped this.
  16. greyhail

greyhail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    would you recommend them?

17. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Man I only tried them on so I didn't really give them a run for their money, but first impressions I didn't really like them. They felt quite stiff through the middfoot and soleplate, they felt like quite a narrow ride with long studs (and plenty of them) and not that comfy on feet. The leather was very nice and they are really well made, but personally, and initially they didn't sell me hey

greyhail repped this.
  18. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    go half a size up, they should fit decently.

I know we shouldn't recommend a boot according to position etc, but this boot for me is really built for the hard tackling/box-to-box midfielder.

If you're a forward or a winger or even a more attack minded rightback, don't bother, in all honesty. You genuinely feel the weight (possibly in comparison to other boots now that everything is so light weight) and its a very comfortable jog. If you're playing on artificial grass though its a god send with the stud pattern.

greyhail repped this.
  19. tkpa

tkpa New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    #1020 tkpa, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    I ordered the x-fly k2 from rakuten, placed the order on 17th and it arrived today on 24th. I had to pay VAT 24% and because of that the package was at customs for 3 days, so Aspo athletic delivery was very fast.

The shoe itself is of great quality (definitely better than Basara 001k) and the white/red colorway is beautiful. Unfortunately after putting them on I can immediately say the size 8.5US is width wise ok and heel locks nicely, but the shoe is too long for me, so I will not break them in but sell them to a teammate.

So size half size down from adidas and full size down from Legend V and Basara 001k (in US sizes) would be good for me if not too narrow..

I face a dilemma here, should i order a smaller one or go for Morelia II 2015 instead?
    I want conical studs that I can use on AG also. Does the Morelia II have a wide heel? For me Legend V heel is too wide for example and an external heel counter fits me usually better. X fly k2 has a gel pad underneath the heel, which is nice to have on hard grass and AG, Morelia 2 doesn't have this.

One more question: If i go for the morelia ii, should i then order the size 8.5US? (for me 8.5 is too long in x-fly and 9 is the best size in Basara 001k)

20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    X-fly's are a pair of shoes I recommend everyone to try before buying as far as possible. Like you I went down half a size and it was still too long. Its been rotting in my closet all this time sadly but i really really like em. I know they say the X-fly's have a gel pad but I can't really see or feel it though.

You can't go wrong with the Morelia's to be honest, I'm abit confused by what you mean by a wide heel but in any case, half a size down from LegendV is what I did. for what its worth, I swapped the Morelia Insole to a Legend 4 insole and inserted a heel gel insert and its now comfortable as hell.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  21. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd get the X Fly K 1 ( which are cheaper!) and get the Morelia II too

Offload the X Fly K 2 ( since they are too long )

:D

22. tkpa

tkpa New Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Thank you for the replies guys!

Jayc23, by the heel being too wide I mean the back part of the cleat is so wide that my foot moves inside. I've been wearing trusox to help with that.

Running man, I might just do that and get them both. But only place in rakuten i can find that has X fly k1 is this http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/novo-mundo/item/10003841/
    and they only have "domestic shipping" in options. I'm not comfortable using Tenso or similar because in Tenso web page they say you have to send them copies of your passport etc. like the credit card number is not enough?

23. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Hey guys I've been eyeing the classic testimonials for a good long while now. I want to purchase them from ebay Italy but the sizing is throwing me off.

I've decided half size down from my morelias, which is a US 8.5/ CM 26.5. However the shops on ebay Italy mostly have European sizing, and their US 8.5 is equivalent to EU 41.5 / CM 25.5!!?

To add to the confusion, the asics shoe size chart has a US 8.5= EU 42= CM 26.5. The Asics shoe size chart also has EU 41.5 = US 8 = CM 26.

To sum up what EU size is equivalent to US 8.5/ CM 26.5?
    41.5 or 42?

24. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013