Asian Games 2014

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Radu Razvan, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #126 Keren, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    It wasn't a foul. We jumped to take the ball contrary to the korean but oh well.

I think we can be proud of our U21 despite that ;) Some guys aren't even 20 years old in this team...

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    That's called home advantage. Looking how it happened it was inevitable.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  3. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    I think Japan didn't play too badly, had their chances but I think Korea had more clear cut chances.

4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    your player almost gave our boy a concussion :mad:

5. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    can you please stop?

shinović89, Keren and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It wasn't a clear cut situation. Granted the Japanese player didn't use his body to stop our player from jumping, but what's also important in heading is also the placement beforehand, and your player did lunge. Very soft penalty, but not a blatantly wrong decision.

7. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #132 KovenDreamer, Sep 28, 2014
    It was a borderline, but I honestly think it was a penalty. If Oshima had made contact with the ball before lunging through Lee Jong-Ho, it would have been clean, but it was much more a physical challenge than necessary.

Overall though, I thought Japan's U21 team played very well against our U23 team. They defended very well in the box and frustrated Korea's strikers the whole match, and offensively, they were more threatening than any other team Korea has faced in the AG so far. Just a clumsy challenge at the end prevented this team from going into extra time. Good luck in the AFC U22 Championship and Olympics.

Highlights:

Closer look at the PK:

KiarashM, Keren and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Which players you guys felt performed the best and the worst against SK?

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    A penalty just before the end, surprising. But he team was already exceeding expectations given how bad the players selection and coach were.

10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Players selection was O.K apart from few names that weren't selected.

If you were in Teguramuri's shoes how your squad will look like?

11. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's the only game I watched Japan played in Asiad, but honestly I'm not impressed.
    The striker looks good, but the midfielders, which Japan is famous for, are quite average.
    And what's wrong with the fullbacks, they are terrible.

12. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #137 Keren, Sep 28, 2014
    I'm sure Endo didn't need to challenge the ball with that physical involvement but I have always learnt from the football's rules that the player who commits a foul is the one who doesn't jump (or who has no intention to jump) during an aerial challenge (as amazing as it sounds). So...

Anyway, South Korea globally dominated the match thanks to their physical intensity. Their main problem was a big lack of creativity (moreover, they seemed unable to change the tempo of their attacks).

Taking in mind our CBs were very exposed, Japan defended well despite some dangerous mistakes (I seriously think the keeper didn't help them... this guy lacked of authority in his box and reassured nobody). Our midfield was good but sometimes they were too slow for launch the attacks, maybe they were intimidated by the korean pressure.

Offensively, we were too few dangerous but everybody here knows how Musashi sucks. I would prefer Notsuda to play at center.

To conclude, I'm not that disappointed. We resisted better than I hoped but I knew it would be hard to win on the korean's land. Our players were faced with older koreans who tried to intimidate them from the debut of the game (remember the action with this poor Musashi), in a hostile stadium. We looked too shy in attack but I think we have a bit improved ourselves since U22 Asian Cup.

However, I still consider Teguramori as a poor coach... And it's not an outstanding generation.

KiarashM repped this.
  13. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    [​IMG]

5 Very bad, 5,5 Bad, 6 Average, 6,5 Good

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  14. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Source?

Anyway, I agree both Iwanami and Endo had a great game.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Teguramori almost turned the game around by changing Musashi at 90+2. Good coaching.

16. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Other than Musashi, what other alternatives are there? He didn't have much service, didn't really play that badly imo.

17. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yuya Kubo or even Kosuke Kinoshita (they are 20 years old too).

18. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And I've forgotten Takuma Asano.

19. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    #145 melonbarmonster, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    There was incident earlier in second half where a Korean player was blatantly pulled two handed in the box and the ref let it go to not interfere with match results. That definitely influenced the penalty call but frankly a horrible challenge by Oshima inside the box. He didn't come close to the ball, knocked the Korean player off his feet and then sat on his face giving him 2 bloody noses.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    One player tried to head the ball, the other didn't. You expose yourself to risks when you're not in motion.

Keren repped this.
  22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    The thing that Oshima did was the most dangerous thing he could do there. If someone's going to be hurt after such a challenge in 99,9% cases that would be Oshima who fell on the ground without any control of his own body. If you had ever experienced anything like that you would know a thing or two and why some of us would tell why that was soft/no foul/opposite way foul there. And doing it the way Korean player did that is hated amongst those who play and used mainly to annoy the opponent. If Korean player had broken his nose there he would remember for the rest of his playing days not to do that.

23. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    North Korea defeated Iraq 1-0 after extra time.

While South Korea will meet Thailand after few minutes.

It seems will witness a Korean derby in the final!

24. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Surprised by North Korea's win, I thought Iraq would advance to the final.

Radu Razvan and Keren repped this.
  25. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Which is why you don't jump through players knocking them off their feet and sitting on their face and giving them double bloody noses when you're nowhere near the ball.

That said I would be surprised if any of these players make it to their respective senior NT's.