Asian Games 2010 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Oct 7, 2010.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    before i start my butterflies party in BigSoccer Hong Kong :D

Hong Kong vs. Bangladesh

link: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=94943

feel free to join :D

edit: it will start at 12am (ntg time)
    so that's probably 3am (teamdragon time)
    and 4pm (motherland china/chengb time). :D

2. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

A butterflies party? How many butterflies are going to be there? :-D

Hong Kong is going to feast on Bangladesh. I want to watch but it's getting seriously late.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    having a butterfly nagging me to do her criminology paper on msn now =__=
    but always always soccer first :cool:

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hong kong scored at the 1st minute :)

au yeung yiu chong
    a kid who just arrived back from tottenham hotspurs for training

scored :cool:

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hong Kong 3-1 Bangladesh HT

the third goal by Ju Yingzi of Hong Kong is Lampard-alike :eek:

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was thinking if the Asian games is the rare opportunity to get the players military exemption, and considering it's not really particularly valuable experience and most other bigger nations don't take it seriously, why wouldn't Korea send it's absolute strongest players who need exemption, ie a full strength U23 side with 3 overage, and just dominate the tourney.

8. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    deflected in? :)

9. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    where do you get the times from?

10. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    sounds promising, how old is he?

11. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    哈哈, 说得对! 给力!

12. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    非常好!

13. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    It's a plausible way to do it. However, KFA takes the Olympic games more serious than the AG although AG gives the players an opportunity of military exemption. For KFA, AG is used more as a testing ground for preparing for the Olympic Games Qualifiers.

Plus, even if we assemble the best possible squad, there's no guarantee that we will win the gold. Many Middle Eastern nations take the AG very seriously and they're no pushovers. Iran, for instance, always prepare for the AG with a long session of training + good quality overaged players. Korea can't afford to do that as our league is not as lenient as some ME countries.

Looking back at the history of AG, Korea has won 3 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze. However, we seem to be carrying this "Semi Final jinx" since the 90 AG. Since the 90 AG, our record was 3rd, 4th, QF, 3rd, 4th. According to the players, as they progress further into the tournament, the pressure of getting military exemption was so big that it was extremely hard for them to play their own game. The 06' squad was one clear example. We cruised to the SF without giving away a single goal. When we met Iraq in the SF, Iraq scored a goal early in the first half and after that our players started to panic. We couldn't play our own game and so squandered so many chances including a few sitters. The match ended 1-0 win for Iraq.

I'm a bit skeptical about us winning the title this time as well. I'm not questioning the quality of our players. Our U-21 generation has a lot of good quality players so much so that some players are plying their trade in Europe already (although guys like Ki & Son couldn't participate) and some are boasting their stats in K-league and J-league.

What I'm questioning about is the condition of our players. Due to tight league schedule, the K-league clubs were able to release their U-21 players only 6 days prior to the game. While other title contenders like North Korea or Iran all camped for a long period, we didn't have any time to get together and play as a team. This is partly a reason why we lost our first game to North Korea. And that loss was huge as it means we lost our chance to top the group and will now have to face a more difficult route to the R16 and beyond. This is crucial for a team aiming to win the gold. We really should have won our first game.

14. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

What does that mean?

15. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

So HK scored all 5 goals then. :D

Only got the second place in its group because of goal difference. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad, depending on who it gets to play next. Who is HK playing in the knockout stage?

16. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Oman - Hong Kong

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hong Kong will be competing against Oman in the next game
    i have a bad feeling about this :(

majority of the asian team, particularly hong kong, do not have good record against west asian team

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i got the time from hk online news article
    the time in myp2p is misleading -__-
    so yeah. if hk is 4pm, it's 12am in the west coast, and 3am in the east coast :cool:

not for this thunderbolt :)

he is 21 now and i hope he would follow ng wai-chiu's path and play in CSL
    there's not much 出路 for hong kong players to improve

it would be very nice if some 2nd tier or even 3rd tier euro league that is willing to pick him up :)

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Woorijim, if Park Chu-Young were to fulfill his military duty, does he have to dishonor his AS Monaco contract and play in Gwangju Sangmu?

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    video highlight of Hong Kong 4-1 Bangladesh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXxrDfGLbI"]YouTube - TVB NEWS ???? ??4:1???[/ame]

21. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Good question. He has two options,

1. Sangmu won't be competing in the K-league anymore. They'll either get relegated to N-league or perhaps play in the Reserve league. With that said, if Park has to fulfil his military duty and at the same time still want to continue his footballing career, he needs to join Sangmu by 2013 when he becomes 28.

2. He can postpone the military service until the age of 30. However, he won't be able to join Sangmu as Sangmu's age-cut is 28. If he chooses this option, that means he'll have to retire at 30!

-------------------
    The military issue has always hindered the development of our players, especially the good ones who are playing abroad in Europe. The European clubs are well aware of this issue when it comes to signing a Korean player. After a successful 2010 WC showing, there had been many talks of some European clubs wanting to sign young Korean players, but none of that materialized after they found out that these players will have to leave the club at their prime age (27~28 yrs)

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

And who does the UAE get to play with?

I don't know about this particular Oman team. But in general Chinese teams have a pretty good record against Oman.

23. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Ha, if China loses out to Malaysia, Hong Kong becomes the home team. :)

24. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    it's just the current mainland internet meme. means cool or awesome.

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I actually kind of know. Just wanted to hear it again. :D

Thanks for the compliment.