Asian Cup Drawing

Discussion in 'Korea' started by YCashMoney42, Jan 4, 2006.

1. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Group B: Iran, Korea, Syria and Taipei

2. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm very happy with this draw, it gives us the chance to damage them again, yet again a 2-0 win for Korea, if not 4-0. 3-4 defeat last year was a shocker, but then again I didn't care less cuz bonafide was there. Sometimes life is fair, and I'm sure Iran is indeed nervous about this draw because they have to play us yet again, and knowing this time we will not lose. ;)

3. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Group A: Japan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, India
    Group B: Iran, Korea Republic, Syria, Chinese Taipei
    Group C: Jordan, Oman, UAE, Pakistan
    Group D: Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Australia
    Group E: China, Iraq, Singapore, Palestine
    Group F: Uzbekistan, Qatar, Hong Kong, Bangladesh

A and B look very heavy compared to the rest, but yeah, I think the Iran games will be better practice for WC than some of the other teams.

4. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Just saw this on Australia SBS news. Our group along with Australia and Japan group looks very tough. I would've liked us to draw with those Aussies or Japan. But overall happy with draw. Interesting match against Iran. :)

[​IMG]

5. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I like how on the that graphic, it's the same basic colors over and over, and then boom, the blue of Australia.

6. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    if i'm not mistaken, games against Iran take place after WC not before.

the only match before WC is against Syria on their soil in february.

7. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    We have two qualifier games. If we play Syria first, I don't know who we will be playing on March 1st. It could be Iran.

Feb 22 – Asian Cup 2007 qualifier
    Mar 1 – Asian Cup 2007 qualifier

8. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  9. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    haha, I can just see the AR go crazy, hehe.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice group :D

A clash with the Iran bastards.

11. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    It's ridiculous how bad they want a revenge, I guess their asses were really hurting after the game lol

they cant seem to wait for the game lol
    its rather funny, they even started making poll "Korea will not qualify for AC"
    it really amazes me sometimes how they have no life

12. SShibalNom

SShibalNom Red Card

Dec 15, 2005
    Only KRN in Laguna
    *edited*

13. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    North Korea isn't in this edition of Asian Cup?

14. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    i was looking for them also, but then even NK doesnt give two sheits about AC lol :D

15. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Uhm...does the Asian Cup believe in seeds? Oh...my bad....those are seeds. :rolleyes:

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Looks like Iran is finally going to get some friendlies before the WC. Im happy for them.

17. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Given the timing of these games, the Iranians will probably bring close to their A team while we will definitely have a B.

Right?

18. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Great group.:D

But it's wack how we have to play Syria instead of Iran before the WC. For those of you who didn't know, Korea, Iran, Japan, Saudi, and Australia will NOT play in the ACQ on March 1st. AFC moved the match date to September 1st so that the World Cup participants can prepare for the World Cup.

KFA officials are currently looking for an African or a European team to play against on March 1st.

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Japan said they want to play their match on March 1 so its up to Saudi arabia...

20. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    thatd be a fun game to watch

21. fairplay1

fairplay1 Member

May 3, 2005
    Shoudn't be the otherway around. Korea taking the revenge? After all it was their last official game?

22. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    i've said it before and i'll say it again, who cares about the asiancup...lets focus on the olympics and bring back a medal...
    i'm pretty sure the kfa is thinking the same thing, like in 2004...

23. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm gonna be honest and admit that Asian Cup isn't the most prestigious football competition for many countries, but "I" care about the Asian Cup. And unlike the way things are right now, many people SHOULD care also.

What does the Olympics have anything to do with the Asian Cup? These two competitions aren't even in the same year anymore. And the better question would be: Who cares about the Olympics? When's the last time you've seen the UK football team participating in the Olympics? Hell, last year's Olympics didn't even have Brazil. Some of us Koreans are probably the only football fans in this world who would rather see our boys winning a friggin medal in the Olympics(which isn't even all that realistic, if you ask me) than to see our boys becomming the OFFICIAL champions of Asia.

These U23 games in Olympics aren't even FIFA sanctioned matches. You think FIFA or any other football fans in the world would rate an Olympic medal higher than a continental championship? Let's get real.

Only reason our players wanted to participate in the Olympics so bad was probably because they wanted to get rid of their military duties which can also be done if they do well in the WC or win the Asian Games.

And that's probably the reason why we couldn't accomplish shiet in 2004. We lucked out of our group just to get spanked by Paraguay while what was supposed to be our REAL national team was allowing a hattick to a guy named Ali Karimi.

Imagine if we had won the 2004 Asian Cup. Our boys would have had a GREAT experience in Germany last year during the Confederations Cup. You see how we're playing in Hannover and Frankfurt in the World Cup this summer? Guess what, if we won the AC and played in the Confed Cup instead of Japan, we would've played against teams like MEXICO and BRAZIL in those same stadiums.

24. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    There isn't a UK football team, and whenever the issue gets brought up with regard to competing in the Olympics (especially now that London will be hosting it) the Scottish FA always put the breaks on it. The major concern is that agreeing to a unified team for the Olympics might spell the end of FIFA allowing all four countries to compete as separate nations in the international football arena.

That and not many current Scots would get in a unified team anyway ;)