Asian Cup 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 8, 2010.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i think he should stay if china want to stand a chance for the qualifier is not like da zhu who just keep doing crappy thing

2. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    can we please stop the idiocy of "Qatar paying off" the referees, Kuwaiti players, Gao Hongbo, or whoever else you want to claim they paid?!?

3. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To be fair, today's China totally deserved playoffs but China we've seen three days ago vs Qatar didn't. Kuwait game was a bit of luck too, so the overall result is fair IMO.

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Overall 4 points was ok I expected a tie with Qatar and a loss against Uze. So it wasn't too much of a disappointment. The way it ended was better than when it started. We have a lot of holes to plug in the back. Coaching staff will have to figure out what they learned from this tourney now.

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Well Hao Junmin returns to Schalke. Suck it, Uchida!

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    firstly, i would like to thank everyone for visiting this forum.
    havn't seen so much attendance for a while.

secondly, despite this asian cup was disappointing, there was some nice showing, deng zhuoxiang and hao junmin's free kick would be something positive to look at. please remember, we are not the only nation that underperformed, we don't even know if japan and korea dpr could make it through this group stage. standing on japan's side, we all know wtf happened in this asian cup :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lastly, please come to this forum more often. as a mod, i would love more company everytime i login to bigsoccer from my iphone.

time for a nap.
    come back often for CSL/World Cup 2014 Qualifiers/Friendlies etc. :D

7. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ok, this is the last match i would watch in this Asian Cup

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I would vote for leave if I thought Wei Di was capable of hiring a top coach. China isn't going to make a prestige hiring at this stage. Gao is competent as a motivator and team leader, but he proved himself to be completely lacking at team selection/man management.

The devil you know is better than the one you don't. Domestically, you can't do much better than Gao and it seems like the players enjoy playing for him...

9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I also think the coach should stay. I think he has a better understanding of his 23 compared to what the continent has to offer at the moment than anyone else. The first round of WCQ will probably be similar to this group so hopefully it will be a good experience for him and his players.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hao junmin's 無奈-ness on the television.

11. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Seb, you truely are an eternal optimist, me on the other hand I've been supporting China quite heavily in the last few years but I think I'll go back to being an occasional viewer, supporting China is just too depressing, especially considering that I also support England as well.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    chinese to english translator:

"i would like to say SEX to the team"
    (instead of thanks :rolleyes:)

13. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Did you hear Du Wei's interview? Doesn't sound like captain material.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  15. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Positives:
    -we just played the best 45 minutes of the tournament, the way the 1st half was played we were lucky to be tied, then to go down after 45 seconds, I could easily see how the Uzbeks would run away with it, but we actually pressured and played really offensive football for the first time this tournament

-Deng and Hao's free kicks were great

-Rong Hao and Yu Hai were easily our 2 best players over the course of the tournament, a really strong effort, Hao was the man of the match tonight and really showed how good he can be

-again, it can't be stated enough how nice it was to see us play attacking football in the 2nd half instead of just letting the game being taken to us as we did in the first 2 games (and 1st half tonight)

Negatives:
    -once again we failed to go through

-defense is way too leaky, just stating the words Zhao Peng is enough to explain the previous 2 matches, but what is the explanation for tonight's lapses?!?

-we scored 2 goals from corners and 2 goals from set pieces, nothing came from open play

-we've found out that Gao is kind of clueless when it comes to using his players

16. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    hows Hao Junmin and Uchida being doing there?

17. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hao junmin had an appendix operation and rarely featured for the team since.
    uchida features for the schalke team often.

uchida actually told the media that he and hao junmin are friends. uchida thanked hao junmin for taking care of him (i assume he gets free chinese food from hao's mom).

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man chengb
    the 'man of the match' is back with his fantastic chinese-to-arabic translation :D

19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    If sensible means using your newfound fame to do everything you can to get your name in the media, say a lot of stupid shit, and have off the wall ideas, than yes, Wei Di is very sensible.

20. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hao wasnt even in AC2000. You wish Milu didnt do jack, at that time we had a good set of players who werent interested in playing well for the national team, they didnt even care to play for the shirt. What Milu did was get a group of guys who didnt get along and motivated them enough to do well when it counts.

Fan/Hao combo was in wcq 1998 as well and that didnt go great.

Yes we were awesome in 1966, in 1964 Asian cup was won by Israel and second was India, I'm talking about Asian Cup coaches that were mentioned during the game, not overall national team coaches.

21. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    reckon the Asian Cup has been good for him personally? Getting match fit etc...

in your opinion will it have a positive effect in terms of getting more time again at Schalke?

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    The only thing Milu did was lasting damage to Chinese soccer, switching into a "happy soccer" about nothing mode and ditching technical soccer.

Do you read Chinese? 李惠堂在1928年提出一个响当当的论断:“足球是我国最出色运动、远东连捷七届、和本年度港沪两华队的冠军头衔便足引证无讹了,我们更进一步而知足球,不特是我国最出色的运动,而且是最通行的运动,那也是万众公认的。所以在足球的名称上头、要冠之以中国国艺称号。”

In 1966 Communist China boycotted all that shit.

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it definitely would
    he never played a game for a month of so.
    suddenly he blasted from nowhere and started in the friendly against iraq and scored a goal rightaway.

he subbed in during china v. kuwait during half time and technically changed the game with his dashing.

and if you look at today's game, he played for 90 mins, despite he had some tuning to do, he still scored a stunning free kick and almost scored a goal.

ultimately, we have to look whether there is space for hao junmin in schalke.
    hao junmin plays mostly as 'RIGHT BACK'.
    not "RIGHT WING" in asian cup.

24. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Very much so. His first matches since fall since his surgery.

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    You're describing Milu.

Wei Di has done well in his previous job as the head of water sports. With soccer I don't know what his final tally will be yet, but over the past year with the tsunami in Chinese soccer, he has certainly handled himself well.