Ashley Cole

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by LosMerengues89, Jan 4, 2006.

1. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As a RM fan, I'd love to see Ashley Cole come play for us. He is one of the best leftbacks in the world in my opinion. But do you think he will really come play for us? I mean, didn't he get racially abused by Madrid fans, the Ultra-Sur I think, when England played Spain in the Bernabeu last year for a friendly?

Maybe Patrice Evra of Monaco for a move NOW?

2. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    the other day i saw this report, i don't know if you guys have heard about this show. Real Sports with Brian gumble, an they showed a clip of that game. what a sad and shamefull display of spain supporters. But the Ultras have also chanted monkey chants at roberto carlos, so i dunno maybey he won't come, but if he did ill be awesome.

3. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [sigh] It was in Barcelona's Nou Camp that Roberto Carlos was taunted with monkey chants. If you have something about the Ultras doing this, please provide a link.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  5. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Real Madrid hadn't any relation with Spain vs England game.

It was a game organized by Spain soccer federation. RM didn't sell the tickets, nor controled the security, nor controled who could access to the stadium, .... RM only rented the stadium to Spain soccer federation.

The tickets for the game were sold by Spain Soccer federation and were bought by people of all the places in Spain. So in the stadium, there were people from Valencia, Galicia, Andalucia, Madrid, etc,.... and supporters of all the teams in Spain.

And Roberto Carlos, a black player, is the foreign player that has played more games with Real Madrid in the history of the team, even more than Di Stefano.

And actually the team has 4 black players (Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Baptista and Ronaldo), well, 5 with Balboa (youth team player that has played some minutes in the last games).

6. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, but do you think racism in Spanish football would make Cole or Evra not want to come to play at RM? And also, do you think we will sneak in and make a bid for Evra to steal him from Man Utd like we did with Cicinho?

7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Atletico Madrid's fans are notorious for being racist as well and like MadridForever said the audience represented a wider population of Spain rather than just Real Madrid. If the game had of been played at the Calderon then there probably wouldn't have been as much fuss about it. It's just because of it was at Real Madrid that so much commotion was drawn up. Real Madrid condoned all racist insults after the Bayer Leverkusen game because their fans were the culprits but in the case of Cole, surely he would have more inteligence to assume that all these idiots were Real Madrid fans.

8. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's not forget, even Roberto Carlos is friendly with our Ultras!

9. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I hardly think the chanting had anything to do with Real Madrid. Cole would come to Madrid, and hopefully will after the WC.

10. da zen

da zen New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    'Sri Lanka'
    yeah... we have a good chance with the UCL tie, to make him more impress...
    we gotta beat them until he feels Arsenal is no where near to good...heh!

I guess Beckham was made impressed with our tie in the UCL game couple of seasons ago... which made it easier to sign him...

whole lotta players comin' in.. still i wonder whatz gonna happen to our youths.. fillipe?

11. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    Just a reminder, Evra signed for ManU a few days ago.

12. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Random Question, did anyone see the Monaco's CL qualifying match against Betis last year? How ddi Evra handle Joaquin in that match?

Thanks

13. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    [​IMG]

Real Madrid want Arsenal's Ashley Cole to replace Roberto Carlos at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Brazilian left-back is now in the twilight years of a glittering career.

And he's recently been linked with a move away from the Spanish capital - notably to Turkish giants Fenerbahce and cash-rich Qatar.

And Real see England ace Cole as the perfect man to replace him next season.

Arsenal want to keep Cole but according to Spanish daily Marca the player himself wants to leave England and sees Real as the perfect destination.

Los Galacticos are hoping an offer of 15 million Euros (around £10million) would be enough to prise him away from the Gunners.

But that price could rise if Cole has a successful World Cup finals, a fact which could see Real trying to get a deal done before then.

14. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Isn't Philip Lahm a better choice? I haven't seen him since last Eurocup, but I don't like English players anyway, they are highly overrated and never do well abroad at the end. I prefer Germans.

15. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Ashley Cole might fit well in Spain though. He's hardly a typical English LB.

16. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    1. Lahm tore both knee cruciate ligaments in May, so I doubt he's played at all this season.
    2. Lahm is not left-footed and is physically inferior to Cole, plus Bayern don't want to sell, but Arsenal do. Cole is a better fit for LB than Lahm, and he's cheaper. I agree that Lahm is a more than acceptable player for us, but Cole is probably the best true LB in Europe.
    3. Name one successful german player abroad in the last 5 years. By successful I mean regularly starting in a top class team and contributing to that team. Off the top of my head, David Beckham and Michael Owen have both contributed more to a good non-English CL team than any German to a non-German team in the past 5 years. The days of Klinsmann, Matthaus, Voeller or even Bierhoff are long past.

17. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thanks for the info. You're probably right, but still...I don't like English players.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    i dont fully agree with you... Germans tend to stay in the German league and dont go to other leagues like the EPL, La Liga, Seria A, etc....

So if they stay in their own league and not many travel abroad how can you make a reasonable judgement to say they dont prosper well abroad??

if you think what you said is fully true, label some German big name player like (Beckham, Owen who you named for the EPL) that has played abroad recently that didnt succeed, please... name 10 to support this..

Im against that because I feel we are setting up a barrier against Ballack and I dont feel it should be so...

If Juventus beat us for this guys signature in this winter market what is for us next?? If he is willing to go in the winter we must secure him at all costs....