AS Nancy-Lorraine Thread or the we don't believe in buying new players thread!

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by sl7vk, Jul 31, 2006.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 06-07 Thread or the we don't beleive in buying new players thread!

i admit i've never been to kiev, but as for not my travelling much, i think you're barking up the wrongest of all possible trees! :)

kiev is a beautiful city in pictures, and may be a fine place for ukrainians to live, but diakhate may have trouble getting used to it. after all, istanbul is a gem of a place and anelka didn't feel at home there... as for money, there are some things, fortunately, that money does not yet buy!

2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 06-07 Thread or the we don't beleive in buying new players thread!

I've often wondered that myself. Some of the things I hear that happens to people of other races in eastern europe, make a serie a match seem like a NAACP rally.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Thrashed Rennes away today. Wow. Fortune and Hadji with the goals. Critical to get the year off to a good start like last year. I think I'm going to keep this thread for 07-08, after all, the title hasn't changed. If a mod wants to update the year, or take the year off the title, that is fine by me.

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/04082007/70/ligue-1-nancy-formule-gagnante.html

4. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis

And you beat them at home, too.

5. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

2-1 victory over Nice today. 9 points out of 9 taken. Top of the table.

Looks like another year in L1 for us.

7. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

I think Correa is a great manager. Nancy won't go down as long as he's in charge.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

2-2 against Marseille in the Velodrome. You gots to love it!

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

That was a wonderful game to watch, and an incredible comback from ASNL. To watch them silence the Marseille faithful was especially satisfiying

11. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Never saw this clip from les guignol's before..... I know Guignol will certainly enjoy it!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iDS5alfaHQU

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

yes, pretty good! strange that they did that last year... right now it would be even funnier!

13. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

So at what point does ASNL change their mission statement this year and start trying to shoot for a C1 spot...... There is still some time to bring in a solid central defender or even better a finisher......

14. HADJI

HADJI New Member

Jan 18, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Youssef Hadji is having a breakout season. Looks like his older brother out there. I see you guys in the champions league next year. Where is Zerka?

15. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Zerka is out injured, though he could have issues getting into the first team when he returns.

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Another W on Saturday. Goals by Kim and Fortune for an easy 2-0 victory.

This is just plain getting weird.....

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

6 weeks and nancy still don't realize they're not supposed to be any good... talk about thick! :rolleyes:

;)

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  19. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.

When I see the league table, I wonder if something, how to say, mystic is not at work here. Nancy chairman has undoubtly promised his soul to the devil.

20. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Clearly this devil you speak of, isn't such a bad guy...... :D

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  22. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well, tough shit.

C+ puts what sells on the TV. It certainly isn't their fault that Nancy doesn't sell.

Now if ASNL are on top of the league after the winter break, and they still aren't on C+, then there's a problem.

23. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

you have to give ASNL mucho credit; tied for first with a match in hand, and the first half is half over, you can't say they're not for real.

but my brother-in-law said that if nancy is champion he's giving up C+!

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France