AS Monaco thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by SportBoy333, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Re: AS Monaco thread 2006-07[R]

Les jeunes monégasques s'illustrent en Allemagne

Les jeunes de l’AS Monaco FC étaient le week-end dernier à Stuttgart, en Allemagne, pour participer à la DaimlerChrysler Junior Cup 2007. Dominique Malonga et ses partenaires terminent 3èmes de l'épreuve.

http://www.asm-fc.com/article.aspx?id=2561

[​IMG]

2. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005

AS Monaco seem to be certain to sign Serbian International Sasa Ilic on a 3 1/2 year contract in the next couple of days from Galatasaray.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Are tickets likely to be easy to come by for next Sunday's cup game?

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

You should probably be able to get tickets.

5. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

At the stadium presumably?

6. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

I guarantee you there'll be plenty of empty seats around in the stadium. You shouldn't have any difficulty getting tickets.

7. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Totally off topic - but can someone confirm the Lens-St. Etienne game is DEFINITELY going ahead on the Sunday, i.e. the 28th? Cheers.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

off topic? why? because this is the monaco thread? :rolleyes:

anyway, it will be played sunday 28/01 at 9pm. the shift to sunday is because it will be tha canal+ game of the week.

9. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Yes, that is why!

One final question....when do Lens tickets go on sale? I am coming over for the St. Etienne game. Cheers!

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Speaking of St. Etienne, Monaco beat them 1-0.

[​IMG]

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

AS Monaco have made the final 16 of the French Cup with a 2-0 win over Toulouse with the help of 2 goals from Camel Meriem.

[​IMG]

AS Monaco FC : Ruffier - Modesto, Bolivar, Monsoreau, Dos Santos (cap.) - Leko, Plasil - Meriem, Menez (Mongongu, 80e), Gakpé - Gerard (Vargas, 74e). Entr. : L. Banide

Toulouse : Douchez - Ebondo, Arribagé (cap.), Fofana (Congré, 51e), Mathieu - Fabinho, Emana, Dieuze - Sirieix (Benvegnu, 37e), Mansaré (Bergougnoux, 69e), Elmander. Entr. : E. Baup

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

ASM suffer 2-0 defeat at home to Stade Rennes.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  15. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Young colombian striker Juan Pablo Pino signs with Monaco

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

ASM lose to Sochaux 2-0 in the Couple de France.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Sebastien Grax In Sochaux. The attacker of Monaco engaged with Sochaux. Little used this season in Monaco, Grax (four appearances in L1 this season) was transferred for a sum from approximately 1,5 million euros. The duration of the contract was not communicated.

19. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Not to bash St. Etienne here, but their stance over Piquionne was stupid. I understand that they got annoyed with Lyon's attempts to buy him, but dude, that's what happens. Lyon wanted him, Piquionne wanted to leave. He wanted to play in the Champions League - who can blame the guy? Granted, towards the latter part of January, his statements in the press were not classy, but then again, these days club loyalty is a foreign concept.

ASSE put forth a high price, Lyon bargained, but even an offer of 7.5 million Euros + incentives wasn't good enough (he's 28 and not that great, definitely not worth the 10 million that ASSE wanted).

It's sort of what happened with M. Diarra last summer at Lyon, except after all that drama where Diarra said he would stay in Mali and so on, Lyon eventually sold him to Real Madrid. Because in the end, Lyon knew it was pointless to keep an unhappy player, and it was better to at least get some money out of it. Though Lyon could have loaned him to Real Betis to spite Calderon.

But that's basically what ASSE did. They loaned Piquionne to Monaco (not that there's anything wrong with Monaco) even though that wasn't his first choice, just to punish the player and Aulas. Instead of pocketing a pretty amount of change that they could have spent elsewhere, they loaned Piquionne out to a club whose purse strings are definitely tighter than Lyon's.

/end rant.

Oh well. I hope Piquionne helps Monaco out. They shouldn't be in the bottom half of the league table.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Yes even though there have been a few players over the years who have both played for OL and ASSE, the whole time I was thinking that there was no way in hell that Piquonne would go to OL because of the reasons that you just stated. They punish him and take less money just to spite Aulas, Im totally not surprised that happened because of the hatred.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

AS Monaco FC - AJ Auxerre : 2-1
    Grâce à une grosse performance collective, l'AS Monaco FC renoue avec le succès en battant l'AJA sur sa pelouse. Les buts de Serge Gakpé et Frédéric Piquionne sur penalty permettent aux Monégasques de gagner une place au classement. Compte rendu...

http://www.asm-fc.com/article.aspx?id=2734

[​IMG]
    Premier match et premier but de Fréd Piquionne sous le maillot monégasque

22. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin

I've noticed two things:

a)Monaco is improving;

b)Your team is pretty young.

How long do you think it will be until you are back in the top 5 of France and back in European play?

And what positions do you feel need to be upgraded to help you with this goal?

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Could be as soon as next year where they are at that level. The back 4 needs to be upgraded because you have Monsereau who's a Lyon reject. Bolivar and Cufre who are are a bunch of average South American players. Dos Santos is a journeyman and Modesto isnt even a International player.
    The forward position looks better because Pino from Coulumbia and Piquionne were just signed. Gapke and Toure are 2 very promising midfielders and you also have verterans like Plasil, Meriem and Bernardi in that group.

24. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin

So basically the back four minus Givet need an overhaul? What about GK?

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Roma has been rumored to go back to Italy for a while now. There are like 4 players who are "untouchable" in my opinion, meaning that they can not be sold and if they are it would be disasterous. Those 4 are

Givet
    Toure
    Gapke
    Menez

Everyone else can leave as far as Im concered. I already read a report about Menez possibly going to Portsmouth and I hope that does not happen. He was the youngest player in France to have ever scored a hat trick in a game. I dont expect the team to be challenged Lyon next year but I do expect them to be in the hunt for a European place.