News: Artur Boruc - Official Arrival

Discussion in 'Fiorentina' started by NickyViola, Jul 12, 2010.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Blog:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Introducing King Artur [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Scott Fleming[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular] warns Fiorentina fans to expect the unexpected from their latest signing[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There are certain players that you love when they play for your team, whereas everyone else simply loves to hate them. Artur Boruc is one of those players.

Those of you who don’t live in the Old Firm obsessed fishbowl that is Glasgow may not be too familiar with Fiorentina’s new recruit. Having watched Boruc for the last five years, I’m here to give you the lowdown, and one thing I can promise is that life with ‘The Holy Goalie’ is never dull.

A complete unknown when he...CONTINUED HERE
    [/FONT]

3. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

Sounds like a typical Serie A player.:p

4. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    I remember seeing him a few years ago in the champions league and thinking he was outstanding. I also remember shortly after that, he was linked with a move to Milan, and it never materialized. I'm probably in no position to make judgment since I've only seen him a few times, but I think he's criminally underrated.

The few games I saw of him in that champions league was enough to make me a fan.

5. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    So how can Frey and Boruc exist on the same team. Will one be willing to play second fiddle for very long? This whole situation seems very odd to me unless Frey actually does go elsewhere. :confused:

6. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Frey is getting offers in so there is a good possibility of him leaving..

I'll miss Frey he had such life in him, and he's a joker.

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Hard not to like Frey, to be honest.

8. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ex-Celtic keeper is a real glove rat
    ARTUR BORUC BOMBARDS BABE WITH SEX TEXTS BEHIND PREGNANT LOVER'S BACK

FORMER Celtic ace Artur Boruc sent a string of sleazy SEX TEXTS to another woman when his fiancée was heavily pregnant with his child.

The Polish goalkeeper's explicit X-rated messages to the...CONTINUE READING

9. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Sounds great...bring drama for Fiorentina, I don't think he'll be here long then.

We saw how Mutu was on his way out..

10. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a hun paper, Nicky. Lies!!!

11. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    That's old news that was common knowledge in Scotland. Fiorentina knew what they were getting when they went after him.

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Italians, despite all the old Catholic landmarks, aren't really put off by some juicy sex scandal the way much of the world is. I don't see this being a problem at all.

13. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True 'dat.

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
  15. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Play on playa...I still don't understand why professional athletes get married:confused:

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    lol Yeah, me neither. Just keep a stack of consent forms in the nightstand drawer and live it up.

17. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boruc is already complaining about being on the bench. That only took him a week.

18. MutuILFenomeno

MutuILFenomeno Member+

Jan 25, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I hope Miha does put Boruc in because he has some strengths that Frey lacks like Strength.

19. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I saw the same thing. Should be interesting.

20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As far as Boruc complaining, I can see why he is doing it. The guy is good keeper and should be starting for many squads. Why he came he to be a bench-rider doesn't make sense to me though.

Was he brought in because Frey was on his way out? It seems silly to have brought him in only to keep him on the bench, no?

21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I agree that it's a weird situation. Sinisa has said that he has no regular starters, though, and whoever is performing best in training (at any position) will start. If he really does use that standard then I'm sure that Boruc will get his chances.

22. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Boruc linked with Legia
    Wednesday 22 September, 2010
    Fiorentina goalkeeper Artur Boruc is being linked with a transfer to Legia Warsaw, according to reports in the Polish media.

The 30-year-old stopper only moved to Italy this summer after five seasons with Celtic.

However, he has been unable to wrest the No 1 jersey away from Sebastien Frey and is already growing restless in...CONTINUED HERE

23. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

I assume then there isn't much chance of Frey moving on in January hence Boruc's restless condition?

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I haven't heard anything of Frey moving in January. In the summer he was linked with Man City, though Frey says he never had any contact with them.

Boruc is now linked with Wolverhampton and Aberdeen as well as Legia Warsaw.

25. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Aberdeen!?!?!

Hee Hee!! No idea where they are getting that from but there is more chance of hell freezing over than that happening. And I thought Wolves were more than happy with Hanneman.

I'm quite surprised at the teams being banded around for him as possible destinations. His star certainly isn't shining as brightly as it was in the Euros in 2008 but he is still a very, very good big game goalkeeper with plenty of time left in the game.