Article on proposed MLS end of year awards

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Colonel Angus, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus New Member

Feb 24, 2003
    Shady Thicketts
  2. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Merged Threads...

And split threads...

In my haste to jackboot someone for a dupe thread I didn't actually read the article and thought it was about DC's end of the year awards.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: End of Year Awards Article

Why not? I can't think of another MLS defender that came through so big for his team, especially in adverse conditions. And the transition from scum-bag wanker from Jersey to one of the favorite players on DCU can't be easy :)
    The only gripe I have with Bushman's picks is I'd drop Guevara (too much of a diving wanker), move Landon into his midfield spot, and move Razov into Landon's forward spot.
    Mark writes a pretty good article, as usual.
    Damn jack-booted thugs :)

4. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Brad Davis?
    Nick Rimando?
    Todd Dunivant?

I don't think so. Try Dema Kovalenko, Zach Thornton, and Eddie Pope (or Ryan Nelsen).

5. imp65

imp65 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    sloburbia
    he's Curtin me bad, baby

Can't see a whole lot to disagree with in the piece, apart from echoing the comments above about the sprawl-prone Guevara. And Jim Curtin. I can't stand him. This has nothing to do with him as a player - he's annoyingly good. It's just the way he looks - you know, like one of those kids at school you just hated on sight without any rational justification. He looks like a big girl's blouse. You want him to collapse and start crying for his Mum while admitting he can't handle the pressure. Yet whenever I root for him to fail he does well, which makes me hate him all the more. Maybe this Saturday will finally see his inevitable downfall...

6. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He seriously misspelled Carlos Bocanegra's name under "Defender of the Year."

RS

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: he's Curtin me bad, baby

Dude, I so agree - He looks like a retarded Big Bird. (apologies to 7 foot yellow birds and 'tards everywhere). I can't even think of anything to yell at him, I hate him so much, I just usually call him a big dumb *#*#*#*# -ing goober. That being said, I think he'll do damn well playing for the US, and I wish we'd have drafted him instead. But I still feel hate for the goofy bastard. Glad to know my irrational feelings are shared....

8. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Why? Jim Curtin has grown tremendously over this season and has become a future USMNT candidate. I'd rather be happy over another quality defender than upset because he's scary good. Hell, he was good enough to be on a few of my fantasy league teams.