Arsene Wenger is the biggest cry-baby on the face of the planet

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by JeffS, Sep 23, 2003.

1. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whenever something even remotely doesn't go Arsenal's way, it's always someone or something else's fault, in Wenger's eyes.

Viera gets red carded for kicking at RVN:
    Wenger: "WHAAAAAAAHHHHHH! IT'S RUUD's fault for embellishing!! sob sob"

Arsenal totally collapses after holding a seemingly insurmountable lead in 2002/2003 EPL season:
    Wenger: "WHAAAAAAAAAHHHH! IT'S THE FA's fault for having too many games. sob sob"

Anyway, I could go on about Wenger's whining, but I won't. It's too annoying.

Wenger is a fine tactician. His teams play exciting, attractive soccer. And Arsenal has talent to match any team in the world. But it's Wenger's cry-baby, blame-the-rest-of-the-world attitude that explains Arsenal totally collapsing last season, and always getting b!tch slapped in the CL. :D

2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually like Arsenal, so it pains me to have to agree with you here. Arsene seems to always be crying about something, and it is definitely more than a little bit annoying. That combined with the horrendous failures in the CL would seem to me to put him in a little danger, but who the heck knows.

3. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was all a misunderstanding on Sunday. It might have been that the yellow away shirt made it so they thought they couldn't be seen...

I love excuses.

4. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    perhaps they should go back to the popular blue away shirt. nah. maybe not, it'll be more excuses then.

5. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    or how about a gray shirt, ah nevermind, you wouldn't know about that.

6. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    I don't remember Utd making any excuses for their play on Sunday :)

7. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wenger backs his players in public all the way. Ferguson does exactly the same. I'd expect nothing less. Hopefully, in private Wenger will lay down the law to the players so that the red cards are less frequent.

8. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Not totally true. When things get ridiculous (like ManUs shoddy defence in the 01-02 season), Ferguson points the finger. He has said on a few occasions that Ruud, Cantona and other hotheads have gotten out of order (even if it is only a few times). Wenger blames others when his players mess up.

An example is Keane's elbow on McAteer at the start of last season. Ferguson said Keane shouldn't have done it and that he would speak to him over it. When Campbell elbowed Solskjaer at the end of last season and got a red, Wenger bitched and moaned about the unfairness.

9. josh23

josh23 New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    palo alto, ca
    wenger

Wenger is french, so why would
    you expect him to have any integrity?

10. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: wenger

Keep your xenophobic and ignorant comments off of our boards.

11. josh23

josh23 New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    palo alto, ca
    Keep your xenophobic and ignorant comments off of our boards

--------------------------------------------

I am not contemptuous of Greeks or Russians or
    English , so the word xenophobic is improperly used in this context.

Ignorant is lacking knowledge, which of course
    can't possibly apply since this comment is based on past observations of group behaviour in situations where adhereing to strict moral/ethical codes was required.

since the thread was Arsene Wenger's behaviour and acting with ethical standards, i don't think I was off topic.

perhaps is just something you don't agree with 655321.

And censorship from a San Franciscan, what would Willy Brown say?

12. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    :rolleyes:

Okay, then keep your trolling off of our boards.

13. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    655321 from SF and josh23 from Palo Alto - you guys are practically neighbors! :)

Anyway, however funny the French comment was intended to be, I would not make a blanket statement about all French being cry-babies.

If you look at Wenger, Viera, Henry, and Trezeguet - yes, big time cry-babies.

But then there guys like Pires, Lizurazu, Zidane, Micoud, Sagnol - all guys that work their asses off and keep their mouths shut for the most part.

This thread is about Wenger, the cry-baby individual, not the French as a whole. Let's keep it at that.

Let's also avoid charges of xenophobia regarding silly blanket statements.

Let's direct all of our energy, attention and ire at Arsene Wenger - the biggest cry-baby on the face of the planet, dammit!!

14. Pat13

Pat13 New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Fairfax, VA
    Arsene Wenger - the biggest cry-baby on the face of the planet, dammit!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Donovan?

15. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Uh, Rivalries? Rivalries?

16. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does seem odd-considering other parts of his personality-that he has such a hard time with this.

But if I had to guess why, I suspect it may have to do with his time at Monaco and what went down with the whole Marseille/Tapie affair.

Not that Manchester United are anything like what happened to him in France with Tapie, but judging from what people who know him well say, that experience left a scar on him-something he's still bitter about.

And now with Arsenal, I think this scar/underdog manifests itself in the sense that he feels he can not ever be bullied again by a bigger club-no what matter it takes. I suspect his sees in United a similar foe as Marseille was at that time: a club with big pockets that can always up the ante in ways that Arsenal can't. In fact just this month he said re: the new stadium
    So I think he really sees Arsenal through the prism of the underdog and as a team that can't back down an inch. Which partly explains why he back his players as he does (the other part I thikns is simply a managers duty at this level).

In some ways it similar to the transformation Pat Riley has gone through with in the NBA

17. frightwig

frightwig New Member

Mar 11, 2002
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Arsenal had the 'us against the world' mentality even before Wenger became manager. They always were famous (or infamous) for it, weren't they?

18. It'scalledfootball!

It'scalledfootball! New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Lake Placid
    I was at Old Trafford in Feb to see Man Utd get beaten by Arsenal in the FA Cup, their behaviour then was no better so why is it now that people are shocked. They didn't give Man Utd any credit for holding their nerve when they won the Championship last season which underlines their lack for sportsmanship. They are a buch of whiners who will almost certainly get away with this because their Deputy Chairman is an FA Bigwig.

19. josh23

josh23 New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    palo alto, ca
    Donovan?

Arsene Wenger - the biggest cry-baby on the face of the planet, dammit!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Donovan
    ----------------------------------------------

Hopefully , your not insinuating Donovan is a
    whiny little b*tch.

He's fouled so often he should be given a Purple
    Heart (or the football equivalent thereof). Unfortunately, he is most likley off to Europe after San Jose win the MLS.

The worst MLS whiner is that Bolivian hack at DC United, followed closely by Stoichkov and John Spencer.

wait a minute, those are all foreigners, I must be xenophobic!

Did you all see Wenger support his troops this morning!

20. Fire_Star

Fire_Star New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    and what do u call it when Alex Ferguson was all whining about last year's champions league QF draw when Man U got Real Madrid? didn't he say that the draw was all fixed and in favour of the italian teams? just making execuses cos he knew that madrid will kick their asses out of the champions league!!
    and he also defended Roy Kean many many times when he was shown the red..

21. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    This is Sir Alex today, losing to Stuttgart!

22. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Sir Alex is the biggest whiner in the Premiership, even though he has the least to whine about. He constantly gets calls in his favor and other favorable consideration (the fabled "ManU Time" comes to mind) and yet the rare times things don't go his way, he has a major hissy-fit. If he had to deal with the things Wenger has to deal with (incompetent FA, much smaller budget, etc.), SAF would have blown a gasket long ago.

Of course some of the whining on these boards lately be those who would paint Arsenal as a bunch of monsters gives SAF a run for his money.

23. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Read the other posting!

Speaking of whining, here's the silliest story: I put up a posting ("ManU-Arsenal Part Deux) asking some legitimate questions. I can't believe I received (and still do) so many answers, when the other matter in West London took over. I am intrigued because my first question is that no one can agree on Ruud's tackle over Vieira. You should read the replies, more than thirty opinions {which proves my point!

Then I went back to "Alarming News" posting here, and just like "Jaws" or "SuperWenger in da House" (do you know these two Terrorists in the 606 site?) I posted:

"It was van Nistelrat'sface of the Offside Diver.

He was in a hotel. I don't know if he participated in the incident, but just from the fact of naming him here, I become Keown's idol."

This I wrote because Frankfurt Blue was posting there and in 606 questions regarding the libel. My point was that I would go to court for naming someone.

Not many people found my posting funny!

24. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Read the other posting!

A place where people get carried away. ALAS! I'm a guilty party today:

In "ManU-Arsenal Part Deux" I asked about Ruud's tackle. I received (and still do) so many answers, despite the West London incident taking over. My main question was that no one agrees. More than 30 opinions {which proves my point! But my questions haven't been fully answered. In frustration, I went to "Alarming News", and just like "Jaws" or "SuperWenger in da House" (do you know these two Terrorists in the 606 site?) I posted this idiocy, because Frankfurt Blue had been asking about the libel, a bit upset that 606 censored the topic:

"It was van Nistelrat'sface of the Offside Diver.

He was in a hotel. I don't know if he participated in the incident, but just from the fact of naming him here, I become Keown's idol."

My point was that I would go to court for naming someone. But not many people found it funny and I got a real bashing. (starts on pages 7 and 8)

What amazes me is the rivalry between clubs. In America we only experience this football passion every four years!

I love to hate United, I think SAF, with all his annoying faults, is the greatest. Many people may not have a conversation if he didn't exist.

25. josh23

josh23 New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    palo alto, ca
    Postings

Here's a clue to you Arse-holes
    when you post here:

Have a Point!

and don't assume we are all privy to every web posting on the internet as a prerequisite to comprehend your post!

Perhaps the Big Board can put and Arse-filter
    on each reply so I can be relieved of reading
    predictable, neanderthal dribble.

I have now concluded Arsene Wenger ISN'T the biggest cry-baby, it's "Supporters" on here who wouldn't know North London from Las Vegas.