Arsenal's Sponsor

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cassano, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Arsenal has O2 printed on their jerseys...I know this might be a stupid question but i'm from America and have to ask...what is O2? Is Arsenal promoting oxygen?

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Cell Phone company

i think

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

LOL, yes it is a mobile phone company. Its similar to Vodaphone although obviously only in Europe. My phone is O2

4. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    O2 is just a mobile service provider.

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    You have no idea how many times I've heard that joke from some idiot on the street. Of course, it's not as bad as having some assbag shout "SEGA!" at you in the mall. In a way, I'm looking forward to the Emirates sponsorship, even though it'll still smack of Chelski.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is priceless. I agree and feel like choking the living s### out of every person that asks what the hell is Arsenal? But I must say, if you really want people to notice you, wear any European football kit. Works like a charm.

Finally, the coolest thing happened to me driving in my car last weekend. I was at a redlight and across the intersection a guy in a car with shades on noticed the Arsenal kit I was wearing. He just smiled and nodded as to acknowledge that he was in the know. As he drove away, I saw his Arsenal bumper sticker on his rear window in my rearview mirror. SWEEEEET!

7. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    My personal favorite was the guy who saw my jacket, looked at the crest and asked if I was in the military. I was going to come back with "Yes sir, I belong to Arsene Wenger's Red and White Army", but I figured that would only confuse him more.

8. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    LOL. That must be quite the novelty living in America.

I usually just get ubuse hurled at me where I live. Comes with the territory I guess :)

9. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm guessing your in deep in enemy territory. Which club are you near?

10. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know a bunch of English people in CA and when I tell them that I support Arsenal the typical response is "I'm Sorry" must be English humor. Most of them are Liverpool supporters.

I've been asked what the O2 is for and I just tell them is a biotech company working on performence enhancing drugs to build a super team and then I get blank stares and thell them that it's a cell phone company.

I'm not sure what people will say with Emirates on the shirt. They'll probably put us on the watch list of the department of homeland security, but that's just a risk I'll have to take. :rolleyes:

11. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i really need to start using the word mobile instead, it sounds way better than cell phone

12. Claus KJ

Claus KJ New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Aarhus, Denmark
    I fear you'll just be taken out back and shot. Or, as a nice alternative, be taken to a far away hellhole and interogated. Do remember to mention that Bin Laden supports the same organisation.

KJ

13. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was in New York about 7 or 8 years ago, wearing an Arsenal shirt and some bloke from who said he was from Haiti came up to me and said he loved Arsenal. We talked about the team for about 20 minutes before he had to go.

14. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    yeh we are promoting oxygen
    next season we may be promoting carbon monoxide and well be sponsored by CO

15. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Just down the road from White Hart Lane. Actually its not so bad these days. Arsenal has quite a strong following round here now.

16. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

yeah, next thing you know Rummy and Ashcroft will be regulars at the pub on matchdays.

17. Roscoe P Coldchain

Sep 14, 2004
    Westside St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not John Ascroft that bum caused all type of hell here in Missouri when he was here. I was looking forward to seeing him go down to Mel Carnahan for Senate but Mel died in a plane crash and STILL WON. OUR (FORMER) ATTY. GENERAL GOT HIS JOB B/C HE LOST TO A DEAD MAN FOR MISSOURI SENATE :D . Oh well but the sponsor I do get some remarks from people not familiar with soccer. When I go to the 'hood they always ask me what type of throwback is that you got on and who is 02 who I knew was a mobile phone co. (looked that up b/c you don't want to look stupid to people if you are trying to build a Arsenal fan base ;) ) :cool: But all the people I know who are from Europe and the Caribbean know who it is and we chat it up...Still working on getting Arsenal gear at Foot Locker and ridding them of that Real Madrid and ManU gear....Thank ya now...Roscoe!

18. feej92

feej92 New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Los Angeles
    the night before the man ure match i was out clubbing wearing my home arsenal shirt. it was cool, got lots of attention. too many folks out on the west coast think that man ure is the only team playing proper football. at eddie canter's i ran into someone who said "arsenal! fabulous. that fabregas is a player to watch! good luck against m-utd!"