Arsenal's New Kits...

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by eric515, Aug 23, 2002.

1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not bad. You know you have hit the big time when naturally occurring substances like oxygen want to be your shirt sponsor. Actually, considering who the guy is that makes oxygen, that's a pretty shrewd business move by the Gunners brass. :)

2. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, just so this isn't completely a BS humor thread (the BS doesn't stand for Big Soccer), tell me whose kits you love, and whose kits you hate in the EPL??

A kit I really like is Leeds away blue kits...very sharp. A couple of kits I am not too fond of are WHU and Aston Villa...all that fuscia, pink, or whatever it is, makes me nervous... :p

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having a giant O is like a giant L

..ya but would you want the side you support to have a big fat goose egg on the front of your jersey?

4. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    You gotta be kidding. Arsenals kits are the worst I have ever seen. I saw it it a Eurosport magazine and I burst out laughing. It is even 20 dollars less than all the other kits.

5. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Re: Arsenal's New Kits...

If you mean the away kit, then you are correct. That is terrible. I have no problems with the home kit.

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I have to say that the new kit pales in comparison to last seasons. That kit ruled! But I know that I'll break down and get the new one with all the dressings.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    There should be a rule on BS where you cannot start a thread about kits unless you have a pic to post.

8. Maczebus

Maczebus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Bad bad bad

Not good.

It's one thing giving the club huge amounts of money to have your name put on the front of the shirts.
    But I don't feel the entire shirt should be linked to the sponsor.

Yes I know I sound like an proper 'stick in the mud', but frankly I don't think it's a trend that should continue. Even though I have my suspicions that it will.

And I'm not clever enough to put a picture in directly but here's a link.

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/football/premier/arsenal

9. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    If somebody GAVE me one I wouldn't wear it. I would cut the srest off of the jersey and sew it onto a T-shirt.

10. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not a fan of the new kits this year and won't be buying one. The blue one is ridiculous and what the stripe across the lower back is about is anyone's guess. I liked the gold one last season, we should have kept that as we only had it for a year.

11. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say the same thing I did about last year's gold kits: When you're winning, they all look good. Especially with those little gold patches on the sleeves.

12. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, so we have established that everyone hates the Gunners away kits...but who else has kits that just make you wanna puke?? All biases aside...

13. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    ManU's gold change strip. It sucked!!! But the Arse's new kit is crap!

14. Gar7

Gar7 New Member

Feb 7, 2001
    Southington, CT
    Also, every strip that Nike put out for MLS teams the first two years of MLS' existence.

15. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Here's the pic (of the home kit):

[​IMG]

16. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    [Can't include more than two images in a post. Sorry for succession of messages.]

I think ManU's golden kit was pretty snazzy. Which, of course, doesn't compel me one bit to like the team.
    [​IMG]

The worst was Munich's away kit for the CL. It reminds me of the English kit at WC86(?), which was scientifically proven to be less visible from the corner of the eye (and certainly didn't help the very good English team of the time either). Stupid, stupid.
    [​IMG]

17. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Then there's ugly. Might as well ask Prada to make your kit (maybe some day David Beckham will).
    [​IMG]

Of course, hommage to old-school is always appreciated (except for the fabric).
    [​IMG]

18. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Here's the new Real München BL away kit. Let the flame wars begin.
    [​IMG]

This is painful (Fiorentina):
    [​IMG]

19. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    This is GREAT (Fiorentina):
    [​IMG]

And, of course, no one should be without this:
    [​IMG]

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Arsenal's home jersey from last season. Maybe cuz I'm one of the few sad Dreamcast owners left but that's besides the point. I really like Chelsea's blue jersey and Leeds white jersey. Blackburn needs a change and West Ham has to get rid of that nasty color scheme. This year's Arsenal though. . . . .don't like it. The away one I can't even put in words.

21. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Blackburn's home kits...their away blue is nice, except, I don't like the funky half-sleeves. It looks like they have improved on their road red shirts this year, too...even though you can't find their reds on the website at all...

22. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    It's always great to see an expert - in this case a Wiz fan - weigh in on the subject of crappy kits. It really goes without saying, but your team looked like a bunch of effing clowns during their first several years of existence.
    http://www.wizardfan.com/history/uniforms.html

(It's like when a Leeds fan offers his opinion about dirty players - you figure he's an expert, so listen to what he has to say.)

Look, the new Arsenal away kits suck. I personally think Nike screwed them, and I'd be seriously pissed if I was an Arsenal big-wig and compared what they came up with for us versus what they designed for Man United. But no one team has a monopoly on crap kits. Arsenal have had worse in the past:
    http://worldzone.net/sports/fxm//shirtgallery/uefa/england/arsenal/arsenal90.html

So have Man United:
    http://worldzone.net/sports/fxm//shirtgallery/uefa/england/manchesterunited/manchesterunited.html

Liverpool's new away kit is about as bad as Arsenal's:
    http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/store/clothing.shtml

23. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'm not a big fan of Leeds yellow away jerseys this year. I'm coming around a bit on the new Liverpool aways, but I hated them at first.

24. atkins71

atkins71 New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    arsenals home kit is the worst in the premiership....its even got pockets.....to hold their fa cup losers medals hehehehehehe....nike man u kit rules!

25. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    As bad as Arsenal's home and away kits are this year...in the last 10 years they have definately had better looking kits than Manure or Liverdrool (thanks to the early years with Addidas...don't know what they hell the designers for the other two teams did ....they had Addidas too!?!?!?).