Arsenal vs Villarreal REF WAS HORRIBLE

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by soybostero, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Pires and Reyes are two of the biggest divers I've ever seen. And Lehmann is one of the biggest cry-babies ever!

Look in the mirror before making your next rant. :rolleyes:

2. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Well at least we agree Bolton are pricks.:D

I'm all for a tough game, I have no problem with rough matches. But seriously how can you say you're all for rough games and then complain when the roughness actually knocks people down? You're saying you are all for it as long as the other team doesn't get bothered by it? and Van Persie is Dutch for "Where's my handbag" He dives when the ********ing wind blows.

I don't understand why some of you guys can't see both sides of the situation here. The ref screwed us as much as he screwed you. Your guys did a wonderful job of playing a very physical match that swarmed the midfiled, and yeah your team made some nasty ass tackles, as did Villarreal.
    But to say Villarreal was diving the whole time is ********ing ridiculous if not completely biased stupidity.

3. Sir Martin Keown

Sir Martin Keown New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You can find cheats in all teams, the difference with me an these chumps is that I don't condone it and say the opposition was kicking my team around. I hope Reyes learns to stop diving, it's not the done thing here.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    everton had the match leveller chalked off for a non-existent foul.
    But hey ,villareal made it through so its all history now.
    they got that call and arsenal got the call in this match.
    which was my whole f'ckin' point to begin with.

a final with two teams from the same country is dull for a neutral (well me anyway ) .Just turns into a domestic cup match .
    has to be a clash between two nations to make it worthwhile .

5. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do see both sides, I didn't see a dive from Arsenal and I saw at least 5 players from Villareal take dives during the game........ as I said I don't condone diving from my team, when it happens I will agree with anyone who tells me it was a disgrace, except if it's coming from fans of Didier Drogba

6. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal players do dive some, like everyone. But there was no diving on the part of Arsenal last night. Villareal must have thought it was a swimming competition wtih all the diving they did. As someone on the Arsenal board said, now we know why they are called the yellow submarine, they dived all over the place. Yes that was a foul on Jose Marie that didnt get called. That may have been the only time a Villareal player was in the box the whole game. Dont complain about this game, your team had no spirit and when it got to 1-0 you decided to kill the game off. I thought Villareal was suppose to be an exciting team.

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And another one.

8. davidov

davidov New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    have u noticed how the only people who are actually saying that villarreal are a big pile of divers and arsenal arent are coinsdentally ARSENAL FANS (by the way villarreal dived sometimes last night but some of gilbertos tackles were horrible so i dont know what ur talkin about)- by the way sir keown ur acting like a big english lout

9. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    why?, because I want a bit of honesty in the game??!..... if that's what a lout is then so be it.......

I'm playing footie in just a few hours, where there will be no diving, good hard honest tackles and hopefully some beautiful passing.... you can play your own game

10. davidov

davidov New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    why do u support arsenal then

11. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    is that the best you got?

12. davidov

davidov New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    im just making a point that ur talkin about hating diving and dishonesty in the game yet u support a team which contains reyes and pires(its very ironic.)

13. ibby

ibby New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Manchester
    I sense Jealously.
    And IMO the ref was superb and doesnt take no shit from anyone.

14. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Of course, not one of your poor two footed studs up tackles were carded, of course in your opinion the ref was superb, typical one sided, blinders on, Arsenal fan.

Hard honest tackles:rolleyes: Bullshit.

15. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it's not very ironic at all, every top team in the world has a few divers..... I cannot change that in my team but I can say I don't agree with it....... the people on this board are more or less condoning what Villareal did last night.... Arsenal have never done anything as bad as that, not even close

16. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

What game did you watch last night!!?........ Silvas was about the only over the top challenge, Jose Mari and friends deserved a whole lot more

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In my experience, when the ref really is superb then both sides will complain about the ref equally after the match. Since Villarreal fans are saying the ref was awful and Arsenal fans are saying he was "superb", that leads me to think the ref was indeed awful. Especially when I hear Arsenal fans justifying the non-call on the clear penalty by writing "well, it was the only time in the match Villarreal were in the box." :p

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are you for real? Since when is killing a game off imply having no spirit? It takes spirit and determination to kill a game off successfully as Villarreal did.

What happened when Arseanal played Real Madrid and Juventus? They pretty much killed the games off once they had the aggregate lead. I guess they had no spirit either. :rolleyes:

19. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasnt justifying the non-call because it was their only trip into the box. It should have been called. then I also said that it was their only trip in the box.

And usually the team that loses is the one complaining about the ref, if we would have lost im sure we would have been irate over the goal that was called back, or all of the diving that the ref bought. but since we won we dont really care.

20. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch those games? First of all we could have scored several goals in both games, when last night could villareal have scored? We attacked in both matches, we did it counter-attacking but we still attacked. Plus those were the second legs and we were already up. But if arsenal would have doen the same thing I would have been mad because I hate to see that. I know that Arsenal can beat anyone and I want them to try to no matter where they are playing!

21. LaLigaLover

LaLigaLover New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    it's ridiculous that the ref was blind to Arsenal's fouls especially that penalty,but he paid too much attention on Villareal's !
    HORRIBLE.:confused:

22. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If the Villerreal player hadn't spent all the game falling on his arse for no apparent reason then He may have got the Penalty when He was actually fouled. Ever heard of the Boy who cryed Wolf?

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That's true in general (about the losers being the complainers). Except this contest is really only at halftime. Nobody has won anything yet.

Yes, you played better in Turin than Villarreal did on Wednesday (you got chances to score), but your mindset going in was the same: to kill the game off. Anyway, don't worry. Villarreal will attack in the home-leg.

24. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There aren't any tears to dry...Im not a fan of either team, I just enjoy watching soccer made an observation and felt the referee did an absolute horrendous job managing the game. Even the commentary thought so.

I'm glad this thread blew up!

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I thought that it was pretty even-steven as far as calls went. Arsenal had a legitimate goal disallowed,, while Villareal had a pretty clear penalty waved on. So that sort of settles it. Although 2-1 would have been a more favorable result for Villareal than 1-0.