Arsenal vs Villarreal REF WAS HORRIBLE

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by soybostero, Apr 19, 2006.

1. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Am I the only one that though that ref seemed to be leaning for Arsenal?

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  3. giallorossissimo

Apr 8, 2005
    South Florida
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He looked evilish too.

It was almost funny watching him telling a suffering Jose Mari to get up.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OH don't be ridiculous, there were decisions that went against Arsenal as well.

Besides, Villareal were lucky to get away without a red card after some terrific diving.

5. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Thought he called a good game, didn't let people get away with diving.

If he was pro-Arsenal he'd have overturned the offside which led to the goal, he didn't.

6. infected redded

infected redded Red Card

Apr 19, 2006
    retarded ref, villareal will win biatches :)

7. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Oh goody. I'm waiting.

8. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

dry your tears.
    villareal never wouldve made it past the premilinary round if they hadnt received some crooked calls against everton way back at the start of the season.

last thing I want to see is a lame La Liga final.
    villareal are dull as dish water.
    arsenal also had a good goal chalked off for "off-side" .

9. Hazzathewazza

Hazzathewazza New Member

May 30, 2005
    I thought the Ref was OK. He wasnt conned by all the Diving!

10. Sir Martin Keown

Sir Martin Keown New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the only horrible thing I saw was the constant cheating, diving and timewasting from Villareal..... the ref did well, not taken in by it all. Though that gimp Jose Mari should of had a penalty, the reason he didn't can be put down to karma..... either way, it's cancelled out by the disallowed Arsenal goal.

The worst incident was when the big burly Italian centreback for Villareal went down after being touched by henry, Llundberg stupidly does the sporting thing and kicks the ball out. Villareal throw it back but immediately press the Arsenal players into losing possession....... how very low

I would love to see these players given a proper reason to go down, a good kick in the bollocks for starters, followed by an uppercut

11. davidov

davidov New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    PLEASE GET UR FACTS RIGHT------- tachinardi is not a centre back for villarreal- he is a defensive midfileder. oh and by the way u dont seem to know very much about football rather than in england (the italian teams post)
    Oh and by the way the last sentence just disturbs me and shows ur naiveness.(did u see quiqe alvarez twist his ankle- he wasnt diving there was he?):mad: :mad: :mad:

12. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    A continental team displaying a lack of sportsmanship? Say it ain't so!

13. eop05

eop05 New Member

Oct 4, 2002
    NJ
    This guy will do anything to knock not only Italian soccer, but Italians in general.

Please sir, tell me: Why the pure hatred toward Italian people?

14. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    no, that penalty can't be cancelled by the disallowed goal because loosing 2-1 is better than loosing 1-0.

15. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You are paranoid, it's pure coincidence that I have slated Italian football twice in two days...

...you have to admit, he was the biggest cheat last night?

and sure that other guy did twist his ankle, but why would anyone have any sympathy when the rest of the team spent half their time on the ground..... Villareal were an awful advert for football. Before anyone tells me I have a problem with Spanish football, I think Barce are a great advert for football and most Spanish teams play the game the way it should be played.

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It is amazing just how biased these Arsenal fans are. You got an absolute gift when the referee did not call that clear PK against you.

17. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Getting hacked by Arsenal thugs is diving?
    Sure, you're making excuses as to why you didn't win by a larger margin.

Sendeross and Gilberto could have gotten assault charges on some of their tackles.

Please explain to me why Jose Mari was taken down by a two footed tackle that then twisted his knee up underneath him outside the box but NOTHING was awarded? No freekick, no card? Watch that play again if it is possible and you'll clearly see that was a viscious foul that deserved a free kick, if you can't admit to that your full of it.

Most of the tackels you guys are calling dives were harsh, but I will admit the offsides was iffy and there were some hard assed tackles against your squad as well.

If it wasn't for a ref missing two obvious handballs in the Benfica match, not to mention a coupel shirt tugs one of which took down a Benfica player in the box you guys woudln't even be here.

Same old Arsenal kicking, thugging, and bitching.

18. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There are some really deluded dickheads on this site, of course it was a penalty but if the ref was completely fair he would of already been booked twice for diving, as would most of the rest of Villareal. Maybe I have a different belief in football than you but diving is the worst thing in football. You all sound like a bunch of **********'s who can't take a tackle.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Apparently there are actually people on this planet who believe this.

20. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    And you sound like the typical meathead who thinks tackling is fine as long as it isn't against his precious Arsenal.

Tackling against opponents is part of the game.
    Tackling against my team is bullish thuggery. Right?

Falling down from a tackle by one of my teams guys is diving
    Falling down from a tackle from an opponent is understandable because they don't play football properly?

21. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    tell me, what is amateur football like in Spain?..... is it non-contact, do you writhe around in agony every time you get touched, bunch of **********'s,....... man, if you did that here you would be laughed (or kicked) off the pitch

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Villarreal did get a call to go there way v Everton, but to suggest that was the difference is a huge stretch. Take two goals away from Villarreal and they still would've moved on. They tore Everton apart with beautiful attack-minded football!

I'd prefer to see Arsenal v Barca, but Villarreal are not a dull team. I'm guessing the reason you think that is because you only watch them when they meet English teams. But against Man United w/o Riquelme and away to Arsenal, they would be stupid to play their usual open style. And against boring-boring Everton, that bad call seems to have made you forget who the more positive team was. :rolleyes:

The past two seasons they've been one of the more exciting teams to watch in the world.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Arsenal are essentially a continental team. How many British players did they field on Wednesday night? :p

24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You've got Pires on your team, stop deluding yourself. :D

25. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    your wrong mate, I love the beautiful game..... I don't like the way Bolton play, they go too far..... but there is nothing wrong with a good hard tackle, the ball first and then the man....... I'm a skillful player but I like to dish out a tackle or two as well

I see now why the refs are generally so bad at clamping down on cheating.... they have the same beliefs as you muppets