Arsenal vs. Chelski Thoughts/Predictions.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    Well let's have a close look at those results since the Wolves game.

Villa (H) 1-0 a struggle
    Middlesbrough (A) Poor performance needing an 88th minute winner from Crespo
    Birmingham (A) 0-0 need I say more

Chelsea are not the finished article yet 2-0 Arsenal

2. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    I think Chelsea will not keep a clean sheet against us. No team has done that in Highbury that since the end of the 2000-2001 season. We have found a way to score (sometimes very dodgy) in every home the last 2 seasons. Great top of the table clash and our first derby of the season (for us). Both teams will be up for it. I think we will have a hard time controling the game without Vieira, but I'm predicting 2-1 to the Arsenal.

3. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

Us "lads" living in the past? Spare me, we've handed you your blue asses on a silver plate every season until now; so it's very current, not the past.

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes results matter, but you were making a comparison between wolves and Arsenal, two different sides.

From everything I have read for you, you are expecting Arsenal to be like the wolves and be slaughtered.

However if you are trying to compare Arsenal's play against the scum of the north to how you expect Arsenal to play in the same manner, then that is a better debate. IMO, I don't think so. Look how they played against Newcastle and Liverpool afterwards.

In summary, don't expect Arsenal to bunker down unless a bunch of injuries pop up.

5. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    bunker down??? that is one thing i guarantee you wont see saturday.. can you imagine us putting 10 men behind the ball at highbury and the reaction from the supporters? i dont see a defensive battle in this one at all....

phishy

6. CDNGooner

CDNGooner New Member

Re: Re: Re: Arsenal vs. Chelski Thoughts/Predictions.

7. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Oops, I thought this one was at Chelsea. Yeah, I don't really see us playing defensively at home either.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    <-----------Lol, new fan huh?

Quite right.As i said earlier, your team is built around attack, not defence.It's not "one nil to the arse" anymore.

I agree that we probably will not keep you lot scoreless.I doubt you'll keep us scoreless as that would involve playing a very defensive game ala the brummies, even though they were the home team.Now, thats fine in the barren midlands where talented teams were only on view when a noteworthy visitor came to villa park.Playing not to lose against such opposition was acceptable.
    Not so at the library.

I think you are spot on about the middle of the park.If we can control the middle and keep our back line up we'll be in great shape.I still think it's going to come down to quality of defence though, meaning that whoevers stands that little bit above the other will come out victorious.I think ours is that little bit better than yours and at worst we'll get a draw.

The forwards on both sides can turn a game in a second though and anybody who can't/refuses to see that is a fool.

I too see a 2-1 scoreline.
    However, where the 2 and the 1 will appear on the teletape is up for grabs imo.
    (but i'll go with this...1-2 ;) )

9. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Arsenal vs. Chelski Thoughts/Predictions.

Uh, how 'bout them Marlins? I maintain that starting Kanu and God is a good choice for AW, and I also maintain 2-1 to the Arsenal.

10. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    START KANU!!!!!!!!! give him a freakin shot.. sheesh.. we rip on him because he doesnt get things done in the 10 min he gets to play... has AW just buried him on the bench?? i want to see some kanu magic (if there is any left)~
    im optimistic tho.. i think the lads are going to come out flying saturday!

phishy~~

11. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phishy, are you sure that we're not related? I feel exactly the same way you do on this issue, so much so that it seems like you're friggin' reading my mind. Hey Rick, I think that the Official Kanu Fan Club just got a 33% membership boost!

12. de_valera

de_valera New Member

Sep 30, 2003
    China
    Can I join ???

Ever since the joy at the bridge a few years back I've been amazed by Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

13. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    YES!! 3 members of the Kanu Fan Club.. lol!!!
    in my mind, something needs to change upfront cuz the goal production has been lacking IMO~
    maybe im just frustrated we only have one striker who can find the net (henry), and the rest who scuff shots, mis-handle thru-balls, ect (bergy, wiltord) won't put aliadeire in there obviously...

am i really saying that about dennis... forshame on me i know but it seems to be accurate....

:(

14. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    I didn't say that. Read it more carefully next time, maybe then I won't get misquoted so often. I don't think that anyone should take past results a measure of what they are capable of right now. I haven't done that to you lads haven't I.

Don't use 1955 on us. Your team beat us a coupla times the last few seasons, that was a different team, but it's fair game this time around.

15. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    No prediction from me...not even an Arsenal supporter, however...if you guys avoid a loss in this one, I am gonna be damn impressed.

Playing Chelsea, Liverpool, ManUre and Newcastle in 4 straight Premiership matches and not losing one match would be a hell of an accomplishment.

16. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    And again I get misquoted. Jeeezzzzz !!!!! What a prickly lot you lads turned out to be !!!!!

Firstly, only an idiot would even start to compare you lads to Wolves. What I was trying to point out was that Chelsea (this season) is very unpredictable, many thought that we would have trouble facing Wolves (that we would go back to our old ways of losing to lesser teams).

Secondly, Arse v Chelsea would be equal to ManU v Arse, which means don't expect the your calvary to come charging out with guns blazing, Wenger knows that it's important not to lose to us, he knows what we're currently capable of and he won't risk it, even with you lads playing at home!

Capish?

17. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    no, past results do have a lot to do with how difficult a team is to beat. one the one hand you have a chelsea team that wants to be the first to win the league in 48 or 49 years. and they also want to beat arsenal which they haven't done recently. but then you have an arsenal team that don't want to look like jackasses by being the first team to lose to chelsea recently. plus arsenal have something to prove in that they have been under criticism...i don't want to say recently, constantly is a more appropriate word. but then chelsea are under criticism for their "buying of a title." however i can't see how you can buy a title if you don't have it yet. that isn't taking a low shot at you by the way, i'm just saying that may is a long way off and for all we know bolton could hit the hottest streak of all time and win the league between now and then. but i digress. past results do factor in mentally in a teams will to win...or not to lose...or whatever.

18. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is this thing with Kanu? He has played some great matches: the hat-trick away at Chelsea, dropping into midfield in the 2-1 win away at Anfiled when Gio got sent off, in the UEFA Cup at home against Deportivo (making the keeper fall over while watching the ball roll into the net was just great!). But he doesn't get it done consistently enough. He has the trick where he shapes to play the ball and then drags it back, Premiership defenders have worked him out! Unfortunately, he doesn't have much else to his game.

19. thasquad33

thasquad33 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    boulder
    chelski 11, arsenal nil. man u 38, leeds nil.

20. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! It seems that membership has doubled in the past 2 days! Excellent...

This wins the Official OPArsenal Dumbest Post Ever OPAward. Now that Chelsea have topped Arsenal, we need this win like never before. If we get a win and ManUre win their match, that'll put Chelsea no higher than 3rd, so I'm torn. I want Chelski as low as possible, but I also want ManUre to lose. What to do, what to do... I maintain 2-1 to the Arsenal.

21. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The correct spelling would be Capice. :D

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Alas.....

It would seem that our back line could well be decimated by injury.
    I fear this will tip the balance of the game.

Early reports have Desailly as defo out and gallas as extremely doubtful at best.
    I now think that a solid Italian approach of "playing not to lose" will be the team selection tactics.

Pity.

"Bertie Mee says to Shankley
    Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury
    Bill says No, i don't think so
    But, i've heard of Chelsea Aggro"

I used to love singing that little number to you lot.....

*New fans all gather around and say....who the fuck is this Mee geezer?....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

23. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Re: Alas.....

So does Huth play at central defense along with Terry?

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Re: Alas.....

Yes.
    Not the ideal thing going to a place like Highbury--but thats the way this particular cookie has crumbled.

25. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Alas.....

Don't get carried away sunshine. I've seen a few new Chelsea posters around these boards just lately, how long will it be before the avalanche a la Man Utd? I do suppose it depends on you lot actually winning the league though eh?