Arsenal v Inter [R] Match Day 1

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DallasGooner, Sep 17, 2003.

1. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Plus is working great for me, had no problems the last few games. The start of the season was a differnt story. Now its great, been able to hear Arsenal go down by 3 at home very clearly.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    half time. holy crap. I'm kinda glad this isn't on TV.

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There will be a welcome mat when people like you quit acting like trolls. In the meantime, the door is ----------------------> |o|

4. ljunberg19

ljunberg19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Annapolis
    Moscow v. Kiev

Still 0-0 at halftime but it seems like dynamo has carried the majority of the possession

5. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    Normally, Soccernet is only a notch or two removed from welovemanchesterunited.com. It's sickening, most of the time.

A few things:

- Campbell at least made a saving tackle on Martins, after Toure fell on his ass. Could have easily been 0-4.

- We're still very much capable of coming back and getting a draw, if we can hold them to 0-3. If they get 4, IT'S OVER! </Strong Bad>

- At the half, it's Munich 0-0 Celtic.

6. ljunberg19

ljunberg19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Annapolis
    I had faith for a draw at 0-2, but that quickly evaporated after that third goal.

i quit smoking since last champs league season, its *#*#*#*# like this that makes me want to start again.

Bring on God!!

7. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    What the hell is going on?! Good thing Toure started.

0-3. It's over. Let's get ready for ManUre.

8. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    too bad inter cant do that to ac milan but this is the suprise by far in round 1

arsenal undefeated in epl and go to old trafford on sunday are losing 3-0 at the half to an inter team without vieri...

this one is over folks
    inter will play catennacio now
    and didnt the british press say oh the italians play a boring style
    well theyre ya go gunners

btw did anyone catch the manu-pana game
    5-0 woo hoo

9. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Re: Moscow v. Kiev

Thanks for spoiling it dumbass.

Some of us are have access to all the matches, which I was planning on watching the collated briefs after this match.

Anyways, I am watching this match as a neutral observer live here in Italy on Mediaset. (Well maybe not neutral, I hate Inter) I cannot believe Arsenal is playing so poorly.

Martins is absolutely terrorizing Sol and Toure. His goal was terrific.

Herny's PK was awful...Toldo could have saved it twice. It was that slow. Looked like he took a divot on it

Lehman should have had vdMeyde's goal...it was well struck, but right at him, but it was near post, and he only pushed it into the net. I thought Cruz was offside on his goal though.

Highbury booed the players off the field at the end of the first half.

Let's hope the Gunners come out playing better in the 2nd half. This is sad.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What the He double hockey sticks is going on???

Are we that bad? Maybe we are not as good as we think we are...

My friend called me from Israel just to tell me the HT score and that we suck big time!!!

11. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Not to start the second-guessing already, but, what the hell, we're down 0-3. Wouldn't it make better sense to have Keown in there over Toure? Toure's a converted midfielder and, while you can get away with that against Villa and Man City, you can't get away with that against a club like Inter, who makes their living on capitalizing on mistakes. I think we needed a more experienced and disciplined defender like Keown to solidify the center. Not that anyone along the back has played well, but, while Keown might not be spectacular, he's also never spectacularly bad. Now we have to probably take four points in Russia and the Ukraine to advance.

12. ljunberg19

ljunberg19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Annapolis
    Re: Re: Moscow v. Kiev

13. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

FYI there is a R in the title so expect some other results. Not trying to be harsh, but we had this problem not too long ago by some trolls.

14. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Guess the [R] and Match Day 1 in the subject was not enough warning.

15. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    3 goals in 45 minutes can be done. Hell, Inter did it in the first half.

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Re: Re: Re: Moscow v. Kiev

17. ljunberg19

ljunberg19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Annapolis
    no changes in the second half?

come on, we need at least a moral victory here, lets hold them to three and notch one or two

18. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO

We go through this from time-to-time here. For the record, this thread has an [R] in it. Perhaps it should apply to just this game, but ON THIS BOARD we often update results from other games as well. Until BS comes up with a blanket policy against it, we will continue to do that. So the name-calling isn't really called for (although if you want to see a dumbass, maybe you should look in the mirror and wonder why you risked looking in this thread in the first place).

19. SouthLondonYank

SouthLondonYank New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    South London
    Just got back from my Local (decided to skip the second half) - your lot are shambolic in defence - Campbell is in the process of playing himself out of an England spot, Cole's been doing that for awhile he's done nothing to change anybody's mind in the pub - very under-prepared side - it's been classic Italian football and your lot seem very confused - bad defending and coaching

20. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Well, that was a big bite of reality sandwhich we bit off there, wasn't it?

Not to say I told you so, but I saw this one coming. I say take off Henry, Vieira and Sol now and start resting them/avoid cards/injury.

It's time to take a look at our defense with something other than optimism and crossed fingers, something I've been guilty of myself.

21. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    Re: Re: Re: Moscow v. Kiev

As somebody with no access to TV on these games -- so I don't really care -- the poster was right:

You're only supposed to post scores of the match being discussed -- This thread is titled "Arsenal v. Inter [R]"

Many folks tape other matches or can see them on delay, so unless the thread says "Champions Leage: Matchday 1 [R]" or something like that, he has point.

Maybe not "dumbass" worthy, but that's my understanding of the protocol.

22. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Evidently, we were so good in the first half that no changes were needed.

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Moscow v. Kiev

"[R]" netiquette is now handled on a Forum by Forum basis. The Arsenal Forum has apparently to adopt a [R] tag for any and all results, as has the Man Utd Forum. We had a discussion about this in the Moderator's Forum. If you have complaints about this, bring it to another Mod or the Customer Service Board.

24. cj herrera

cj herrera New Member

May 7, 1999
    Oakland, damn straig
    The Inter site reports Bergkamp and Kanu warming up in the 49th minute.

25. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moscow v. Kiev

What he said.