PBP: Arsenal V Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Apr 23, 2024.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lambs getting slaughtered

lobomojo repped this.
  2. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Why Silva on in a 5-0 drumming he deserved far better than Todd and pooch

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Roll on summer. This season cannot end soon enough.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The nil - the zero - the nothing . . .that is the hardest part about this game this evening. No creativity in this team whatsoever. Sterling was our most creative player tonight.

Gacm32 repped this.
  5. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I have little faith in the current ownership, and don't think next season will be any better.

Gacm32 and lobomojo repped this.
  6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Pathetic!

7. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Back to normal

8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Remember when we beat Arse 6 or 7-0 with Jose? Well, we're now the Arsenal.

9. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Also, Havertz will always be a legend due to his CL goal, but celebrating like that shows he's not a classy player.

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Teams 'downed tools' that's all - in fact I don't think they ever 'picked up' their tools this season in the first place. Seasons done of course so does it really matter? Personally I'd sell a LOT of players this Summer. I'm not even 'looking forward' to next season which is something I havent felt for literally decades, which is sad.

Gacm32 repped this.
  11. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We already knew this one was a mismatch, but to have the fact that we're so far away from being at Arsenal's level, ARSENAL, driven home with such brutality? Really hard to swallow

lobomojo repped this.
  12. kgb183

kgb183 New Member

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When we lost 6x0 to City under Sarri, it was still way better than this, as we could still wonder next season would be better, and the worst case scenario was to have us going to Europa League. Now situation is so different. We are miles away from Conference League, which is actually "good" for FFP reasons, and even far away from that we may need to sell to keep up financials legal. On that scenario, Palmer starts to show up as the only piece that could really have a valuable price tag, but it'd be also a step back to lose him. On top of it, the wages we currently offer do not attract any talent that could really help us.

Gacm32 repped this.
  13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Meh. I never cared about this - I think people get too worked up about it. Players move so often - let them celebrate. A player like Anelka wasn't allowed to celebrate against anybody!

Havertz was a hero but fans poured shit on him when he didn't deserve it. Fans usually don't appreciate what they have until they leave and see how good they had it.

Rman3349 repped this.
  14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Deep deep shame.

Petrovic set up to fail and he really did all he could behind this atrocious set up.

Badiashile is so slow and leggy.
    Disasi is inconsistent but passionate.

A massive mistake to have let BOTH Rudiger and Christensen walk.

Gilchrist is still so young. Cucarella is a liability on most days.

Mudryk is what he's always been. Fast and really bad and lazy.
    Noni is still basically a good Eredivisie player.

Jackson is a good option off the bench.

Enzo is absolutely not up to Premier League levels. Just because he won a WC surrounded by talent does not mean he can hack it at this level. He cannot. He does nothing for us.

This entire project is a disaster.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is Poch right for us? It is a real irksome issue. He is okay. He is 'not a bad bloke'. But he is not a winner and this is club that likes to win things. Poch is a bit 'Spursy'. I have enjoyed this season more than last season however. Poch has had to deal with a lot of injuries to key players. Next season I expect more of the same. Maybe a little less erratic in terms of performances? Maybe less injuries. Maybe we might be top 6. Possibly. Maybe. Perhaps. Most likely we will keep the Poch, mainly because who else is there? AND who else would want this job? I would trade Poch for the next bright young manager IF such a person existed.

. . .AND the biggest problem we have is the owners of the club. They are fcuking awful and their entire project as been a disaster. So far.

Anyone else bang their head in when Poch said that without Palmer we have no one to link the lines, when at the same time we have fcucking Carney Chukwuemeka on the bench? I am a fan of Carney and we are stuck with that midfield 3 of Gallagher, Caicedo and Enzo and it is clearly not working. It doesnt have the right balance at all. One of my many complaints about Poch is his subs are too late and reactionary.

Dr_Intoxicated and lobomojo repped this.
  16. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We dont have money to sack Poch and bring in a new manager - one who will be OK with this group of players. We're stuck with them.

Although I do wonder what a lineup with Nkunku, Palmer, Reece, Chillwell all starting looks like.

17. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    To be fair the UK government is responsible for that.

But I agree with the last comment

18. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah I won't be holding my breath for that.

More seriously, there is talent enough there to compete. But even good talent needs extended time playing TOGETHER to make it work.

The likelihood of any one of these guys staying healthy long-term is low enough, but the chances that we'll see a multi-month run with all of them? Maybe the roulette wheel come up Chelsea at some point but I'm not putting any money on it