Arsenal v Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DallasGooner, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    What utter rubbish.

2. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant. Wonderful. Come on, Arsenal! Let's keep winning and never stop!! :D

Seriously, I'm wondering how much longer Arsenal will go undefeated. I hope it's well past January...!

3. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    A bold stroke by Wenger to have 3 forwards on the subs bench, and an even bolder stroke to bring in Kanu and Bergy at the same time. Dennis wide right is a scary prospect on the defensive end, but he did fine. Kanu, though, was the sub who shone, showing signs of the Kanu of old. Those two players brought a real creativity to the side that we've been sorely missing for the most part this season.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It'll take time for it all to come together.

I believe a draw would not have been an unfair result, but, thats the way it goes somethimes.

Looking forward to the rematch.

5. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a draw it probably would have been, if not for Cudicini's uncharacteristic bumbling. Here's to an exciting remach in Feburary... and here's hoping that Arsenal go undefeated 'til then. :D

6. mr619

mr619 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    phx,az
    I bet the blues were happy not to see number 4 out there today. Gilberto and Edu !! Way to hold down the fort!

7. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore
    LOL. Cheers and have fun the rest of the weekend thinking about this one.

8. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Excellent result for the Gunners! They've really shone through this recent league stretch against the other top teams. If Kanu can play as he is capable of, that provides a lot more depth and options up front. Too bad ManU squeaked out a late goal at Leeds.

9. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Really an outstanding result, even though the winner was more an accident than anything else. The best part is the Gunners came through what looked like a vicious four match stretch with 10 points out of 12, putting them in great position, because ManUre and Chelski still have to play each other, while we won't see much of the top five until after the New Year.

10. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A great result for us. The first half was a bit scrappy, but we were definitely the better side after the break. Our best moves didn't produce any goals though! Edu was quality again, if Wenger doesn't pair him with Vieira when he comes back he'll need his head looking at.

Chelsea had a decent share of the ball and played well without creating too many clear-cut chances. I can't think of any chances where you'd say "he has to score!" We restricted them to mainly long shots from outside the box (although one did go in!), a good defensive effort.

11. asfoolasiam

asfoolasiam New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    A great result, AND....we didn't pick up any cards (and even kept our cool after JFH tried to eviscerate Lehmann). That's gotta help us at the FA hearings.

12. GJ40

GJ40 Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Apex
    What a day!

It's great to see that players like Parlour, Edu, and Toure have stepped up and played key roles this season. I hope Kanu can do the same.

The premiership is going very well. Now on to the CL! We need three points this week.

GJ40

13. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I thought Kanu did more during his time on the field than Wiltord who he replaced!

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I agree. And here some of us were bashing kanu for not doing anything. ;)

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh My Word!

What a tense match....I LOVED IT! Ginger's (The Chicago Arsenal pub) was packed 90+% with Gunners. Haven't had that much fun in ages. Arsenal really impressed me!