Arsenal players on international duty..

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Flash2, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    Finland 0 holland 4

Van persie came on after 74 mins for ruud and provided an assist for cocu to make it 3 -0 before scoring his first goal for holland to make it 4. He also set up kuijt aswell.

Well done robin, hes gonna be class next season. :D

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=155366&cc=5739

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

might want to throw a [R] for result in your thread title....a little warning to those of us who were going to watch it when we get home from work...thanks.

3. Flash2

Flash2 New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    England
    My bad mate.

4. bergkamp10

bergkamp10 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Not nearly as bad has having to listen to Max Bretos for 2 hours. Here I thought that Maximum Soccer was bad enough. Of course there will be more of Max tonight during the Brazil-Argentina game. Where is The Gong Show when you need it most?

5. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    FSC is not doing that game are they?

"Phillip, Phillip Where Are you!?" more insightful commentary from Max Bretos.

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And another match ruined. Should have been more careful though. :(

7. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

actually, really didn't ruin me...I was drawn in on the off topic thread...james said don't look down, so I did....stupid, I know....just a head's up to the new guy...I believe you busted me once, Cam....:)

8. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

all good Flash (Ahhhhh) *sings background of Flash Gordon theme song*

9. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    dude, i am so sorry man...
    i put that warning in there just in case.. i really had no idea it was televised in the states.

damnit.. (regrets that offtopic post)

10. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

appreciate it...ultimately, no biggie...and you did give a warning (it was like being up all high and saying don't look down)! I had just dvr'd it (got my new box this past weekend) so it was like a test run on my dvr box...I really just didn't want new guy to do the same thing next season...like during a game I truely care about-Arsenal.

11. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    just saw the V. Persie goal...what a left foot on dat bwoy!!

12. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was sweet. 18 minutes on the pitch, made two goals, scored one. Come, come Sweet August, I think next year will be his breakout.

13. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    How about Bretos trying to look smart talking about van Persie being another player from PSV...then having to eat his words a minute later and then trying to make it look as if he caught himself, when you know some flunky at FSC stuck a note under his nose that said "He came from Feyenoord, jackass!"...

14. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Max Bretos is the biggest idiot. In Holland's win against Romania in late march he went on for 2 minutes or so about how daring Van Basten was (supposedly) being in bringing in a striker (Maduro) for van Bommel (holding mid) when up just 1-0 away. Problem is, Maduro is a DM which idiot Max (at worst) should have noticed after about 30 seconds of Maduro being on the pitch.

15. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great news that Van Persie has made his mark at international level. I've herad Van Basten saying good things about him before, so it's nice to see him finally make it into the side. It can only give him confidence to carry on the good form he showed towards the end of last season into the next.

16. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    He's only 21 !!! But you're right, next season I expect great things from him...

17. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad he is doing well and agree that hopefully the form continues into next season!

Only bad thing about his playing for Holland is listening to my Dutch friend go on and on and on about the Nat. team and how crappy the US team is!

18. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    but cam.. he is sorta right~

19. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas

i know the [R] rule here, but for the love of gggggggggoooooooooddddddddd

what could the the title "Arsenal players on international duty .." be other than results

I will reiterate how silly it is to stay on a america's largest soccer website all day long thinking you can avoid finding out an afternoon result.

oh well............this is just my opinion, I realize most of you disagree so please refrain from bashing me ;)

20. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    absolutely correct william.

21. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "Can I call you William?"
    "Not if you expect me to answer."
    LOL
    I just crack myself up...:)

22. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    "what am i supposed to call you, bullet? tooth?"
    "you can call me susan if it makes you 'appy."

23. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can call you Betty
    And Betty when you call me
    You can caaaall meeee Aaaal

24. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stuff about Quincy with the Dutch U-20s at the World Youth Championship.

[result]It is halftime in the Dutch v Japan game. Quincy has looked great playing on the left mid. In the 7th minute he runs up the left flank with the ball, makes a great pass to Babel who backheels it to Afellay who scores. Then in the 18th Quincy gathers the ball near the center of the pitch, runs through 4 Japanese players (including two that try to ride on his back) before passing to Babel who scores. Around the 30th minute, Quincy gets a good long pass from Babel. Quincy outruns his defender (Japan had started using at least two whenever they could to defend Quincy) gets to the endline and makes a good pass into the center of the area. The dutch player unfortunately shoots a weak shot that gets saved. Later, Quincy gathers the ball towards the center of the area in front of the Japanese p.area. Four Japanese player rush to surround him and end up fouling him which leads to a dangerous free kick for the Dutch. Only downside of his game so far is his complete lack of interest in defense. Hafltime Dutch 2-0 Japan[/result]