Arsenal All-Time Draft Discussion #3

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cannon, Apr 20, 2006.

1. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think its unfair to blame yourself even an iota. the fact is some teams were unhappy, whether they admit it or not, with the lack of centre midfield quality late in the draft and had to take it out on teams who are strong here.

good play to them for being clever and dropping it.

i love how you always throw people off, f.w.murnau in a previous life?:p , before selecting.

2. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well played :D

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    How about this for a proposition as this seems to be the main crux of the argument from both sides.

Jesse/Romeo - Re-pick your 11th pick to be a goalkeeper. It is a bit silly not to have a goalkeeper in your first XI so put up a pick and I will get rid of the Cygan pick.

Jesse - Apologise unreservedly for the Hitler pics and the attributed comments and don't make any more of those.

Cannon - Tone down the arguments of who should be able to play who where. Lets wait until all the teams have been completed before discussing tactics again. i think everyone in the draft has wanted to play a player even a little out of position - my point is that if Wenger can do it - so can we. Flamini has been turned into a great left back and Petit was turned into one of the greatest Central Midfielders ever. Just because someone disagrees it doesn't give them the right to tell someone else they are wrong. Then join back your team as you picked half of it and therefore should be still there especially as we are this close to the end.

So if all will agree to the above - I will delete up to where this started and carry on as if all this didn't happen with Cannon back in his team and Jesse having a Keeper. I think that is the best solution. I'll wait for the required posts and then edit the threads. If anyone disagrees and thinks another solution is best - put it here.

4. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As I understand it, Jesse is off on holiday, Rick.
    I don't think he will be back for a while so the requested apology might not be forthcoming anytime soon.

5. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas

On the contrary, you are an excellent moderator. Moderators are like officials in football matches. If he does a great job, you won't be talking about him after the game. Nobody has ever said anything like that about you or Rick.

That was Rick calling him out, not me.

6. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas

Please see my first selection, and the thought process behind it.

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i thought Copping played center midfield, as a D-mid, so you were good.

regardless I was going to take him with my 2nd pick and put him as a midfielder!

8. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    whats the problem? copping is a great pick. captain material imho.

9. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Man, this draft has gone on a long time! This is what I wrote for my first pick back on Feb. 22nd:

Wow, how things can change in a month! Now, with the way we've been playing the Champions League and the improved Premiership form, maybe I'm not so happy he's gone!

10. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who are we waiting on for picks? I don't have my partner to keep me straight anymore so I thought I'd check in and see what was what!

Although since I asked who we are waiting on, it will probably be me...... :cool:

11. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Mr. Rick, i think.

12. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I'm ready with my pick as soon as Rick goes- unless he takes my guy, then I'm gonna need some time...

Nick

14. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rick's in Spain, so I doubt we'll hear from him for a few (celebratory!) days.

15. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    did i say may. i meant june:eek:

16. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of which year? :D By the time this thing finishes getting argued out in court, there will be a whole new set of players to choose from!

17. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    By the 6th round we decided to make a keeper our last pick, and were hoping that Moss would slip through (he hasen't). So when a 12th round was added, that became our last pick, pretty simple really.

By the end of the draft, we would've had an 'Arsenal All-time XI' so I have to say that the first part of your post confuses me.
    I'm in florida and Romeo is in ol' blighty at the moment so we'll draft again when when we both get home, so go ahead and delete Cygan. It shouldn't matter if we're skipped for the rest of the draft, as we should end up with the exact same two players regardless of when we make up the picks (everyone else has a gk, and no one's gonna take cygan, i think). So feel free to skip at will.

And I apologize for the Nazi comments.

18. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'm going on the fact that the draft was going to be 11 rounds, so therefore you have to take a keeper within 11 picks, which you hadn't!

the 12th round was supposed to be a "utility" player.

19. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    It's all good, we'll get the same two dudes no matter what happens.

20. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Just so this doesn't fall off the first page... Can we get this damn thing finished sometime this year? :)

Nick

21. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  22. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'd like to get it done ASAP, but since I have my Arsenal XI picked I'm in no rush!

23. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    if people are going to be gone for extended periods of time and want to proxy their picks with me please send me the pick via PM with some backups.

24. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Again, just to keep this on the first page, I'm posting...

We're soooo close to the end. Maybe we should start another controversy so that people will remember to pick...

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    sounds good to me.

you've got the worst team in the draft!!!!

discuss....... :p