Arjen Robben

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Morons are one thing but pompous morons are an ENTIRELY different thing...much more annoying.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ronaldinho...he's the guy who's p*nis is in this nob's mouth.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I don't understand your point. yes, you live in Europe, yes, you have watched many ,many games.....so what? That doesn't make you right or a better fan. If you were so knowlegable, why are you still arguing? And again, you keep reffering to Robben as you say I called him "great". I said he is PLAYING great and at this time, in the last 5 games, he outperformed many others. Do you understand that point? I am not callng Robben Pele.

4. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    to be clear as i sum of, i have no problem with you or any chelsea fan because i`ve watched chelsea in times when they were out of sorts and when they played brilliantly i just can`t imagine some people comparing robben to even ronnie, come on now, there is no debate on this, but he is a good player and i didn`t say robben was not good at psv, he was but he is now maturing at a steady pacem just like the way players such as jean piere papin, dejan savicevic or even belgium`s midfield anchor man enzo scifo or stylish former psg playmaker rai, they all started at on a high and had to maintain such a level, which robben will have to do, but he is okay i will be back at the end of december to evaluate him.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey fvcknut, if you're from this side of the ocean, you're lucky to get over to Europe 1-2 a year. However, if you are in Europe you can fly anywhere for about $50. Being as it is, I get over about once a year. This year (2 weeks ago) I went to see Man U-Man City and the Liverpool - Brum game. Last year I saw Cheslea - Brum, before that Chelsea - Leicester (Wise's first game back).

Do us all a favor and please go back to the glory hunting board you came from because you're not wanted here...you're a troll and not wanted. I can't wait till Clan gets in here and bans your ass from the Chelsea board.

You're a pompous tw@t who is probably from Chicago and not Barca but it makes you feel better about being a front runner if you say you live there.

6. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    okay one love to you and all blues fans, and good luck in the season. done and i`m out

7. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What do you have a book of obscure great players that you think Americans never heard of? You think because you can drop names like that makes us bow at your feet?

Oh, you are so smart and knowledgeable. You know all the greats and you saw them play for FC Little Sisters Of The Poor.

Fvck off, you're not wanted here and your opinion is worthless to us. It's obvious you don't want ours since we aren't as great as you so why don't you go back to the front runner boards where people of your greatness go?

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I doubt that...

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One love? I say fvck off.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I can't believe that guy. what a show off! But i think you told him off and hopefully he won't be wasting our forum screens with 1 page-1 sentence responses.

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Never before has my avatar of Mourinho giving the finger been more appropriate than in this instance...

NOW back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Robben is great and I love him. All hail Robben.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

AMEN TO THAT!!!

13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ive never heard someone say so much without saying anything at all until i just read this thread, what a pathetic bandwagon fan. you know ive decided whoever wins the epl and champions league, well thats whatim going to change my name too. hopefully it will be chelsea_chelsea, but hell who cares about loyalty.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can I get a witness!!??

Hear this, from now on my screen name shall be Arsenal_Porto...though I stuck between that, Arjen_Robben's_Babies_Momma or Rockin_Robben.

I wonder if we could actually get that sung as a Robben song. Rockin Robben you know the song, don't make me type the words. It's 8:50am and in 10 mins I am walking in Brit Lit II and get to talk about Marlowe for two hours...sorry nicephoras, I can't handle Faustus today.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, that was an interesting read :)

Hey Eddie, don't hold back eh.
    Tell him how you really feel :p

16. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is Robben who finally sparked our offense.

He is a superb player. Lets hope he stays healthy because we will need him for the rest of the season.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm surprised you had nothng to say to that egomaniac.

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

Thats a very interesting question.

Also, consider this.
    Our main striker, Drogab, went out with an injury and the goals started flowing in.
    Does that in itself mean anything?

Perhaps.

Somebody else said it on another thread and i believe they are quite right.
    When Drogba went out and Robben came in, the attacking formation of the club switched from long balls and crosses from the wings to the big mans head, to more of a 'team goal' if you will.Multiple touches and a lash from the edge of the box with the foot as opposed to trying to play to Drogbas aerial strength.Yes, we did that before, but, it always seemed that the emphasis was on getting that final ball to Drogba...imho.

Also too, we're not shooting anymore than we were, they're just going in now.
    Umpteen near misses earlier in the season in each and every game.

Where Robben has given us spark - and it can't be denied he has - is that we have found that Zola type player that can break down teams that are intent on bus parking (God, i love that phrase :)).

Long may it continue!

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    There are many times on here that i would love to go on a rant - but the powers that be frown on their Moderators that take it upon themselves to indulge too much.

Besides, I couldn't add anything better than Eddie already said ;)

..oh, and also, Barca - AC as a nick?.....well, that was enough right there for me......

20. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would totally disagree and say we'll be even better with drogba, i mean hes great in the air but thats not all he can do, hes got awesome pace and a wicked shot, and the aerial play will of course help us on set pieces. i think his injury just happened to fall on bad timing, duff and lampard started playing to form again and robben came into the fold. should we keep the 5 man midfield when drogba comes back and rotate one striker, or drop the smertin position out in favor of 2 strikers?

21. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It's a hard one to call really.
    We're playing fantastic football right now, we seem to have finally done the 'g' word that has been thrown about for the better part of 2 seasons now.

I don't disagree with you on Drogba coming back as it very well may come true.The problem could simply be solved by exchanging him and Gudjohnson and carry on as is.
    If we start to take Duff and Robben out or either of the two, too make room for two out and out strikers then we may lose our width and thus be forced up the middle more, something that will negate to a large degree the benefit of having even one of them on the pitch as they are marked closer and tighter by multiple defenders as they would, presumably, be deemed 'the threat'.

Ahhhhh - the problems we have eh?:)

22. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    Drogba will be eased back in. He'll get some sub appearances first, and depending on how things go when he comes on, I think Mourinho will soon figure out the best formation.

23. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, no, you've misunderstood him. He wasn't talking about where Chelsea plays. Stanford Bridge is the name of the bridge that this troll lives under.

24. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man i totally missed this post until just now. my feelings on our team either revolve around drogba and guddy rotating(always keep on both wingers please!) or to me i have begun to wonder, why do we need to play with 2 defensive minded midfielders? meaning do we need smertin in the line up when we have makelele? to me it would be fine to play both strikers, both wingers, lamps and claude. it would mean a switch back to a 4-4-2 probably, but id rather see our best 11 on the field at the same time. anyone else have a feeling about this?

25. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Hey..hey..hey now! Don't blame Chicago for this dumb@ss!! :D

I think it's funny that someone would first tell people he knows nothing about what they know and what they don't know and second that he thinks attending and watching so many matches makes him an expert. Ever been to a museum? There are always groups of retarded people (no offense to retarded people) taking tours there. So by ACMILANNOPERIODBARCAFRONTRUNNINGFAIRWEATHERASSWIPE's logic these retarded folks must be some of the most scientifically knowledgable people on the planet seeing as how they have spent so much of their lives in museums. :rolleyes:

By the way, Arjen Robben rules!