Argie Bargies

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by norwaytips, Aug 31, 2006.

1. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans

Someone really should wake up Claret.

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

Just wow.

You know what ... wow!

Saw the news during my planning period.

Just wow!

3. TheMobyDick

TheMobyDick Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Fairfield,CT
    Wave a pint of beer under his snozz

4. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I think his grace Blaine should take credit for this.

Don't know about you lot i'm numb.

The latest rumour is we are giving the Malvinas back to the Argies.

5. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Congrats, Hammers on the shock transfer!

I just hope you can keep them. If they end up with Chelsea next season, I'll be as angry as you guys.

6. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    From the beeb 'rumours' this morning

Arsenal may also be about to sign the two finest young players in South America - Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez - from Corinthians. (The Times)

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd better go have a lie down.

Now where's Kiera? Making me a cuppa, I think.

7. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    This has to be the greatest transfer coup/shock of all time. I'm honestly in a state of disbelief. Well done to everyone at West Ham. If someone had said this to me yesterday I would have bet my house on it being bullshit.

8. hammer_scout51

Oct 19, 2004
    This is amazing i have been up trying to get on various sites all night. Gone to work come home and its still true.
    Agree with Tony i think the takeover may well be back on in some way.

9. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    No - WE are.
    Just stopped laughing myself mate! Ain't it sweet :)
    Claret should be up now - he probably couldn't believe it and went back to bed!

10. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    I can't see any other logical explanation other than MSI having some involvement with West Ham in the future. These highest of high profile signings could mean that involvement = takeover.
    I'd love to see SAF, Jose and Wengers' faces when they heard the news. I wonder if they had even an inkling?

11. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    F......n' unbelievable!!! I started supporting the Hammers way back in 1950 when I was 9 years old after my first visit to Upton Park, and since then have seen many ups & downs, more downs than ups in fact, but this is the biggest upturn in the clubs history, this is more than just the coup of the season, West Ham have officially joined the big boys club!!!!

"I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES" :D :D :D

12. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Congrats guys!

handle our guys very well and yeah give them one hell of a receiving. I Iam going to watch your all games from now onwards and there are many more who are going to do it. this signings don't have only sports benificial for you but also finicial.

13. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    I wouldn't get ahead of yourself... I have a strong feeling y'all paid a big fat zippo for these two kids and are being used as a shop window for MSI. I don't think you're going to see a takeover either, though for football, that would probably be preferrable than what looks completlely like an outside business investing in players to sell them on for a profit.

Leasing players is an interesting new twist to the football money world. I supposed somebody -outside of football- had to figure out there was a buck to be made in the transfer racket eventually.

Dropping their product in the most widely watched league in the world? Makes a lot of sense to me.

14. MadAussieInUSA

MadAussieInUSA New Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Virginia USA
    brown in one hand... msi in the other hand...

ooh the times, they are a changing.....

15. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    There is a daily soccer show on Sirius radio presented by that chelsea fan from Fox soccer. He was saying that the deal has been in negotiation all summer, if this is true, how did they keep it quiet. Amazing!!

UP THE HAMMERS!!!

16. hammer_scout51

Oct 19, 2004
    Mate i've just read rumours again and several manure supporters reckon they saw Tevez at old trafford signing autographs. They both joined Man U according to these guys.

17. Hammerette

Hammerette Member

Jun 21, 2006
    England
    Arsenal 2 West Ham 3

Up the Hammers.

18. Chadwell

Chadwell New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    North Carolina
    Even if that's the case, what’s down side for the Hammers? Say they both leave during the January transfer window and the Hammers get nothing from the sell-on. If the Hammers didn’t pay anything now, they're out nothing in terms of cash, but get:

a) money from shirt sales;
    b) name recognition for being Tevez’s first European team;
    c) if done properly, can parlay b) into high profile transfer signings next year;
    d) up to 20 starts each from Tevez and Mascherano in the EPL and UEFA Cup

…not to mention, the opportunity to be 15 points up on Arse and Spuds by Boxing Day!:D

19. northbankbar

northbankbar New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    NZ
    Just speculation mate. Everythings up in the air now and anything could happen.
    Whether is turns out to be a disaster or the start of something good we are going to see two of the most sought after young players in the world playing for US in the Claret and Blue. (at least for a while)

20. hammer_scout51

Oct 19, 2004
    Well said mate lets enjoy the moment.

21. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    I agree it's a good deal. Two world class players for nothin. I can't see a January sale.. I'm sure you'll get a full year out of them.

22. Kent_Hammer

Kent_Hammer BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 7, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't stop checking all the sports websites, blinking, pinching myself to see it's all true. I was shaving whilst listening to TalkSport this morning and when the sports girl said "Hammers seal Corinthian double", it took a couple of seconds for it to sink in. When I realised who she was talking about I damn near cut my throat!!

Seriously amazing news, probably the best thing I've ever heard in the 40 years I've followed the Irons. When I told my son, he said "wow dad, does this mean West Ham might win something?". At least he can go back to school and hold his own against the ManUre and Chavski leeches :D .

31st Aug - It's my wife's 40th birthday (bless her) and we're forever reminded that it was on this day Princess Diana died. Without any sense of disrespect to that particular lady, I can now remember this date as the day my team not only made the news but WERE the news.

Bring em all on, UP THE 'AMMERS!!!

Mike

23. Hawaiian Hammer

Hawaiian Hammer New Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Hawaii
    I cant stop drooling over the thought of Ashton and Tevez playing up front. It's making me think of the older days when we had Sir Geoff and Budgie up front but this could be even better.

Considering that Fourfourtwo magazine rated Tevez as the new Maradona, if he is half as good then exciting times are ahead at Upton Park.

24. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    interesting Guardian article but I like this last part:

"I saw in less than 10 minutes that Tevez can be a star for the next 10 years," Alan Pardew wrote in his World Cup column in The Independent on 24 June. 'He will be a top, top player. Tevez has an assurance about his ability. He's got good agility and looks like a striker who has every tool. He's a decent size too. He's more explosive than Lionel Messi. He's really a Maradona-type player. He has more goals in him than Lionel Messi and works higher up the pitch. Tevez will always be at the sharp end and I like that."

Me thinks AP will have some idea of how to put Tevez to good use then. :)

The rest of the article is a pretty interesting read:
    http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article1223090.ece