Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maffeo would have been in but he was injured in the last few games and just recovering I think.

Think Varela might also go to the U-23 list.

SupaMario repped this.
  2. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    It is cuz Montiel and Maffeo are injured, so is Foyth.

Malatini has been brilliant for Bremen and he couldn’t get a call.

But if healthy, both Foyth and Malatini should contend for a back up spot.

soul24rage repped this.
  3. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Malatini will probably go to the U-23 as well I believe.

4. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    Honestly, IDK what the federation has against Soule.

Surely everyone can see that the guy gives world class performances week in week out, whereas Buonanotte and Carboni are only starting occasionally.

He is way better than both Nico and Garnacho.

Maybe they feel since it is only the kid’s first professional season, he has to wait for his turn.

But I disagree with that, you should be picked based on how good you are in the present.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  5. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    Also I don’t know how Pezzella keeps getting chosen.

I get he was a relied upon player in the Copa America and World Cup, but the guy dropped stinkers every game he played and we were so lucky not to lose in the times he featured.

IDK what the coaching staff has against Medina, he has been in brilliant form for Lens and honestly he has the perfect characteristics for a high pressing possession team, even more than Otamendi.

ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe. Bremen pulled him from the Pre-Olympic tournament, so we’ll have to see if they give him the greenlight for the actual Olympics

soul24rage repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. Riquelme100

Riquelme100 Member

Villarreal
    Argentina
    Jun 30, 2018
    It will be interesting to follow Alan´s future, thats for sure. He should stay there at least 1-2 more years to develop and establish himself at Porto.

Although RDP is aging, he is till performing at a high level at Atletico. Doesnt run as much but as vital in the dressing rom and on the pitch.

I agree about Enzo. Its to early, but at the same time his performances for Chelsea has been average and he looks a bit heavier now. Doesnt have pace in the midfield which concerns me.

9. Riquelme100

Riquelme100 Member

Villarreal
    Argentina
    Jun 30, 2018
    I have two tickets for the Argentina - Chile match. Let me know if you guys are interested before I put them on the web. Wanted to go to the US for the first time to see the country and the national team but I won’t be able to make it :(

10. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At cost? Which section?

11. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    Honestly if this guy is in good form leading form leading up to the Copa, I would honestly prefer him over Lautaro.

Hope he’ll be back soon.

12. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    Enzo hasn’t been bad playing against mid table and relegation side. But every time he plays against a top team, he drops a stinker. He doesn’t have enough help.

But Paredes is playing very well for Roma, especially under De Rossi. I think he’s still Scaloni’s main choice at CDM if Enzo falters.

Pekerman and soul24rage repped this.
  13. Riquelme100

Riquelme100 Member

Villarreal
    Argentina
    Jun 30, 2018
    can’t go lower than 800 unfortunately

[​IMG] MetLife Stadium — East Rutherford, New Jersey
    Get Directions
    [​IMG] Sec 350, Row 26, Seat 31 - 32

14. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    The best CB in the world scores a header to lead the Spurs to a come-from-behind victory and the best midfielder in the world with a dime of an assist in the dying moment to win it for Liverpool.

Loco, Rattlehead, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  15. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You prefer someone who hasn't established himself in the first team yet over a player who is in competition of the European Golden Boot and most likely Serie A player of the year?

Rattlehead, Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rattlehead, ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  17. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    I believe Lautaro’s characteristics don’t really suit the NT right now, his strength is his playmaking, scoring and ball progression.

But he doesn’t provide the dribbling and long range shooting threat that Luka provides, and that is a huge asset that we need.

So yes, if Luka plays well the rest of the season, gives 7 or 8 out of 10s on every week, he is getting a selection over Lautaro, and Soule should already be ahead of Nico.

18. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    A stinker from Carboni and a stinker from Buonanotte.

Why are two players still figuring things out in Europe getting chosen over an established star player in Soule?

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Yea we are more than good in midfield, its actually TOO strong. We literally have Paredes waiting on the bench and he's good enough to start in the all-time lineup of any country.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Soulé will get his chance. He will be going to the Olympics if Juve allows him. He will not be going to the CA, unless something changes with the Olympic issue.

So, the likes of Carboni and Buonanotte will also miss out on the CA. They want Soulé as the centerpiece for the Olympics. It is better to take him to the Olympics, where he will start every single game than goes to the bench for CA, where he may garbage time. I am all for him but I believe many of us said and believed that the major changes will take place after the CA.

------------
    Also, Equi Fernandez was also mentioned going to these friendlies in the U.S. Another talent in the midfield.

soul24rage repped this.
  21. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021

But we need Soule on the first team right this moment, cuz Di Maria is 35 and we don’t have another winger who has close to the same impact and characteristics if he isn’t playing.

Teams are going to play the low block against Argentina at the Copa, we’ve already seen it every match except Brazil since the World Cup, and we have struggled to break it down proficiently.

These situations is when you need a world-class dribbler in small spaces to pull the defence out of position, and it will help from De Paul playing in an advanced role, and Messi of course. but you need someone on that other side.

Nico’s strength is his crossing ability, he is terrible in 1v1s. He won’t help us in a low block cuz we don’t have physically imposing forwards.

Angel Correa has it, but he’s not going to get called cuz he’s inconsistent for club, same with Tucu.

I have no confidence we will win anything with Nico starting at LW.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will be fine, you’re overthinking this far too much. I like Soulé as much as the next guy but he will get his time after the CA.

Rattlehead, locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  23. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #23148 AGomes, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    FWIW, after a blazing start Soulès form has dipped ever so slightly. Coinciding with the team as well. He was never going to keep that pace.

Earlier message about Castellanos. He might have to move on or wait until there is a Management change. Last week Maurizio Sarri (manager of Lazio) went on a rant towards the Board how reinforcements weren't made and they are expected to compete (they are still in the UCL). Specifically he said he was given players he didn't want. I cannot say if he named them but in Lazio circles it is believed he was referring to Daichi Kamada (Japan international) who was given the Starters job only to lose it to Mateo Guendouzi. Other player was believed to be Castellanos.

24. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm sorry, but no. Not only is Lautaro is a better footballer currently, they play in totally different positions.

We don't need a #9 who can dribble and take long range shooting. Don't think you watch enough of Luka to confidently say his dribbling and long range shooting will help us when they are in fact inconsistent. Let the young pibe develop in peace, play the Olympics (if he makes it) and not throw him with a lot of mental pressure already.

Rattlehead, Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  25. AgentOfR9

AgentOfR9 Member

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    Jul 21, 2021
    The performances against Ecuador, Uruguay and Brazil this past year don’t concern you?

We have seen time and time again that Tagliafico combining with Enzo and one of Nico/Acuna down the left side is not threatening to break down a low block.

If we want to win trophies with Nico as our LW, we will have to build our team like De Zerbi/Xabi Alonso and rely on the transition.