Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Soulé is still playing really well. Just because he's not scoring does not mean he is in poor form. He is the engine for that side. Last week v, Torino, he was probably the standout player of the game where it ended 0-0. Today, he had an opportunity to take the penalty today but he gave it to his teammate, Kaio Jorge, who had been scoreless in the 7 matches he's played this season.

soul24rage and Rattlehead repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Chelsea gave him some type of ultimatum, he had to join in the winter or Chelsea was going to move on. I mentioned this a few pages back, that Liverpool wanted him as well but he chose Chelsea. Again, we could've also had Mac and Enzo for the same club side.

But the good news is that Pala is playing at a very high level right now. Knock on wood, he's been relatively healthy and according to several reports, he's been one of the best midfielders in German football. Many top sides are looking at him.

Lets not forget, he was close to a Madrid move a few years back but an injury cost him the move. But now, with the limited minutes at the Mundial and him thriving under Xabi, he is turning into the player many of us hoped he would become.

soul24rage repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Beltran with the winning goal for Fiore vs Hellas Verona. 2 goals in the last 2 games he played in

They were giving him limited minutes before, but after he scored that brace in the conference league it appears he is playing more now.

Hopefully now they start appreciating him more and give him more starts in this second half of the season

soul24rage repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I must admit I don’t watch too many Man U games, but every time I see them play Garnacho always looks so exhausted.. like he has no stamina and can’t keep up with the rhythm. You just see him walking in the back like he’s out of breath.

He also disappears for large portions of the game. I often forget he’s even playing.

I don’t know.. he might be a bench player. Doesn’t seem he can keep up for a whole match. Plus his speed is probably more useful in the last 20 minutes when rivals are already tired

Leon12, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  5. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lol hilarious

SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Isn't he the guy who wants to represent Argentina over France? :ROFLMAO:

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro scored another. Here's what he said post match.

“I have changed a lot in recent years also because I have a family of my own now, my children changed me. The World Cup also left something in my mind and not all of it was positive, because it was not the performance I wanted and my ankle was hurting. It’s no excuse, it made me want to just keep improving and getting stronger.”

Burr and megamac20817 repped this.
  8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He wouldn't get selected for Gibraltar, he's awful.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has moments, but like you say will then dissapear for huge chunks of a game, he's just been very, very dissapointing.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leon12 repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's recently talked about wanting to play for FCB. Perhaps this would be a good place for him to prosper even though FCB are a shadow of what they were when they dominated the world.But they did win the league last season, so there is that.... Xavi as commented on Diablito's talent and whatnot and he's clearly a fan. So, maybe there is something there.

But nevertheless, he should be getting regular minutes for River. He recently got some playing time v Central and he seems to be on another level than everybody else around him. He's so clever and crafty and there are glimpses of a young Messi. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let him play with River for a year or so, and then, let River get a ton of money for his services.

Burr, afar and soul24rage repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t watch Girona or much of La Liga anymore but they’re first in the league and Gazzaniga is the starting goalie. Any clue how he is actually playing? Does he merit a call-up to the March friendlies?

13. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Enzo's style doesn't really suit EPL. I mean i swear the guy moves like riquelme. Someone like Mac is better suited for that league. I am sure he will turn out fine but I am not expecting him to fulfill his promise. And you know what? I am completely OK with that. Him and Alvarez can retire tomorrow and we would still be even

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Enzo picked up an injury and was subbed off. It didn’t have to do with a tactical issues.

15. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Credit to Enzo at least he cares. He cares about the club he went to, he cares about picking up an injury. He was crying at the end. At least he has commitment. Wish nothing but succcss to alvarez and enzo.

Soule and Enzo Barrenechea beat napoli 4-0 for the first time and at home for napoli at The Diego Maradona.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Julian reach Club world cup final. I just noticed he's actually second top assister on EPL with 6 assists.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro appearently only 1 goal away from equalling Meazza goal tally in calendar year. He's currently has 29 serie A goals in 2023 which is one ahead of Vierri and D.Milito 28 goals tally.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro misses another penalty. I can’t really recall a top class forward be so bad at taking penalties. Apparently, he has missed 7 out of the 20 PKs he's taken. Yeah, I know, he made the most important in his career but sheesh does not know how to blast it in the top corner?

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palermo?

Ok, maybe he’s not internationally “top class” like Lautaro, but he was a hell of a prolific striker. Him and PKs were essentially what free throws were to Shaq

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I had to look it up.

Out of 33 penalties, Palermo scored 22 and missed 11.

Lautaro had taken 20, he’s scored 20 and has missed 7.

In terms of percentage, they’re around the same figure.

Well, actually, Lautaro has taken 21, the shootouts apparently are not counted .

locoxriver repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Inter manage to blow it. Up 1-0 in ET and end up losing 2-1. Lautaro will probably get the blame. Let’s see how he recovers.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Correction, 13*

23. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know Messi winning all those trophies including the World Cup is awesome for him. I bet you though, he looks at that Olympic Medal and realizes"wow I have this too". It's not a big deal in footballing terms, but just having an Olympics Gold Medal is amazing in itself. One of messi's more undervalued prizes, ironic, since it's considered one of the top trophies in all of sports.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Olympics is more of a big deal for athletic sports but its still the highest level of youth tournament in football because its u23 and can includes few overage players. Messi also won the u20 WC which means he has won all 5 possible titles with the NT.