Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Americans that just go to McDonalds when abroad, lol.

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cuti is such a bully, I freakin love it :D:ROFLMAO:.

4. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a narcissist idiot Mbappe is, Ronaldo vibes.

Albiceleste2010, afar and SupaMario repped this.
  5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Just because Messi and Neymar pass to each other now and ignore him :)

6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Messi played as a RW last season to accommodate Mbappe when the latter was overfed with the whole team playing for him. Mbappe by the way is a very inconsistent finisher. and under Tuchel he was second to Neymar by a long shot. Of course PSG also played much better.

Messi is one of the most selfless players of all times. The amount of goals he could have had if he wasn't an open charity for the likes of Ibra, Neymar, Griezman and Suarez would be just too absurd. He is the only man in football who actually does not care for hattricks, how many times he prefers to pass or give away a penal instead of getting one more goal.

PSG was playing amazing football previous games because they went back to possession based approach where NeyMessi flourish which immediately made the team 100x better. Mbappe is a counter-attacking player, he actually sucks in possession. Especially him and Hakimi (and nuno mendes to a lesser extent) are lower iq, one dimensional players that rely on pace and athleticism but can't comprehend the simple concept of a cut-back pass.

1558739229567373313 is not a valid tweet id

Albiceleste2010, afar, Burr and 5 others repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mbappe is one ACL injury from becoming Alexandre Pato. The guy thinks a bit too highly of himself and he needs to be humbled.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like CR, he has the luxury at the club to take countless shots even if he miss 9 out of his 10 shots. He actually miss plenty of sitters , almost every single game he'd blew 1vs1 in Higuain style. But when you're surrounded by top players like Messi, Neymar, Veratti, ADM, you'd be feed with enough chances to eventually scores 1 or 2.

He might have won the WC, but Messi has won 2 CL and a Balon at 22 and Mbappe would be 24 soon.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADM playing great for Juve. Has scored, almost scored another stunner and could be given an assist.

He needs to take it easy. He’s running like a madman.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does Angelito not learn from past injuries and fatigue accumulation? Relax Fideo, you have nothing to prove until November

ganapordiego, afar, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He just left with a bit of a limp…

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fideo should be more cautious. As I said before, he can just conserve energy and muscle for international game like Messi did last season.

Messi always looked alot more energized during international break cause I believe thats when he really went all out. Nobody cares about psg outside Paris.

Fideo has tendency to run like crazy and its certainly going to takes a toll at some point. The manager said he's subbed out as precaution but you'll never know given ADM history with injuries...

I just feels that he wants to proof point to his manager to make sure a place in starting 11 leading up to the WC.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADM needs to pace himself. It is the first the game of the season and he was running out there like it was a World Cup final. I know this is his engine but he needs to take it down a notch.

At Qatar, he needs to just cruise v the Saudis, play v Mexico and if we have collected six points, sit v Poland. The knockout stages is where we will need him the most. He is one of the irreplaceable players.

He’s arrived at Juve’s medical facilities.’ So, shall wait and see what happens next. Maybe a week or two at the most.

14. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    We really don't even need him to play much in the group stage. Scaloni has to be smart with the rotation. Our worldcup can be technically only 4 games.

15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADM doesnt need to prove anything, he is already 100% in the world cup. I get him trying to prove his value on his firsf match, but he needs to take it easy now, in order to arrive in full form to the world cup. He could be THE definitive guy for us in the knockout matches. He is our most special player besides Messi.

16. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    You know, I thought this was one of Scaloni's brightest moments in Copa 2021: sitting/resting Di Maria in the early games. I don't know if this was intentional or if Di Maria was just working his way back into the team, but I will give Scaloni benefit of the doubt.

I really hope Scaloni learns from this and reads this forum! ADM is not needed until big knockout games. Let him rest on the bench during group stages and only come in if we need a goal.

We don't need to remind anyone how many finals ADM has missed, and how many key goals ADM has scored for us when he was healthy in big games.

17. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's the ADM Treble; a goal, assist and injury. I love DiMaria, he is one of my all time favorite players, but he is so injury prone.

Lisandro Martinez might get ruined in ManU. I love this kid, I think he is a stud; Cuti and Martinez could be our pair of CB for an entire decade. BUT, I think that at ManU he could regress. The first game went as bad as it could go; Maguire, Shaw and deGea were as useless as anyone could be, but it was Lisandro that was subbed out. ManU is a dumpster right now, a once glorious club currently filled with really bad vibes. I just hope that somehow Lisandro can maintain his fitness & quality this fall because I definitely had Lisandro going to Qatar. . . but now?? who knows

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's also injured in copa final not long after scoring the winner. He played with swollen ankle.

If ADM gonna play at group stage, then he should came in as late sub like he did againts Venezuela. The only scenario where he should start would be if somehow we still needs 3 points in third game.

soul24rage, ganapordiego and afar repped this.
  20. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    With the Brazil game officially canceled, reporters are saying Argentina will play 2 in the U.S. between Sep 20 & 26th. No U.S. or Canada available. Looking at schedules, it seems like the best choices are 2 of Costa Rica, Panama, & Jamaica. Guatemala and Honduras are 2 others that already have games scheduled. Teams like El Salvador and Trinidad also seem to be open, but hopefully we’ll get to play at least one of the stronger sides to test our fringe players like Enzo.

Also unfortunately for you guys out in LA, rumors are the games will be held on the East Coast.

SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m really interested seeing how Senesi does. If Bournemouth manage to stay up, that will be a positive. I just hope this is a stepping stone to a bigger club. The last thing we’d need is if they go down, and he bounces to clubs like West Ham, Brighton, Southampton and etc year after year. We need to find Cuti a partner for the future.

I was Perez play for Udinese the other day and he was rather poor. He’s 22, so he’s young enough to learn.

Licha is perhaps the answer; I think Cuti Licha are nice combo. An elegant modern footballer in Licha, who can play from the back and Cuti who will make you pay entering his area. But Licha cannot be down on himself and not listen to the haters.

soul24rage, ganapordiego and locoxriver repped this.
  22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I swear Licha's height goes down an inch with every report

On a side note, I think a lot of players have fake/inaccurate listed heights even in the past especially defenders. Like a lot will claim 5'10 or 5'9 when they are closer to 5'8. Puyol's hair added 3 inches to his actual height for example lol

soul24rage, ganapordiego and Loco repped this.
  23. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fack that idiot Jamie Carragher and his one millionth bad take against Argentinean players. T

he problem was not Lisandro, he actually won most of his duels. The duels he didn't win, he made sure that the play didn't get too far.

There was lack of cover in front and behind him. Lisandro was left all alone bc Maguire and Shaw are complete shEt and have been for years. The English media is sh$tting all over Lisandro because he is the new signing and he is not one of them.

megamac20817 and ganapordiego repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jamie needs to learn to speak proper English before anything else.

Loco repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Speaking if height, Cafu is 176cm, Passarella is 175cm , Cannavaro is 176 cm, Roberto Carlos is 168cm, Lahm is 170cm . All win the World.

For comparison, Maguire is 6'4.