Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Adidas marketing....It's still a classic wherever you go. People know this is Argentina.

Love the strip. Will get the home one certainly. Number 3 on the back and Marzolini as the name. Nice to remember and 'honour' our greats from the past.

[​IMG]

argentine soccer fan and SupaMario repped this.
  2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Too much black on the shirt, IMO. But I still like it. Hopefully it will grow on me. Does this solidify that we will wear black shorts? I like those much better than white.

On another note, I picked up a 2019 pre-match shirt on eBay for $35. These really caught my eye when the players wore them. When I received the shirt I was even more impressed. It is beautiful!

[​IMG]

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’ve placed an order for my Messi jersey from Adidas.com. They sold out relatively quick. I normally do not get player jerseys but I decided to get Messi’s. I just had to. It is way to pay homage to him, in a very small manner. I’m also going to order the version that they’ll wear on pitch. That will be released on the 22nd. I think I’ll just keep that hanging in my closet or I’ll just frame it up. On my birthday, a couple years back, I received a signed Messi ball, which was a wonderful gift from my mother and father. I guess, I’m setting up a mini-shrine. :D

I’m excited to see the away kit. Apparently, they wont be released until September.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Messi that signed SupaMario’s ball:

89D2C404-6895-4D50-AAC7-F0951CD5B771.jpeg

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That’s actually one of the jokes I said, I asked which one of them signed the ball. I do have a case, I just took it off for the a better look.

002A9C47-CF52-4DF7-A631-F3251F8A2CAB.jpeg

7. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some news from Gaston in regards to the NT (some info might be already known)

-AFA is going to TAS this week to try to cancel the September match vs Brazil
    -Dibu and Armani are confirmed to go to the WC. 3rd GK is between Musso and Rulli.
    -Defenders who are going: Molina, Montiel, Romero, Pezzella, Otamendi, Lisandro, Tagliafico, Acuna
    -Midfielders who are going: De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso, Guido, Papu, MacAllister, Palacios
    -Forwards who are goings: Messi, Lautaro, Di Maria, Nico G., Tucu Correa, J. Alvarez
    -Foyth, Dybala and A. Correa are fighting for the last 2 spots.

8. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I love the new shirt!!! One of the nicest i ve seen

Albiceleste2010 and ganapordiego repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A few more pictures of the new shirt:

0EC20EE0-53D8-403E-A01C-FE2849D2767B.jpeg
    8619DC50-229F-4FDA-8A33-8844AD2E4CCC.jpeg

Interesting that Dybala was chosen to model it…. Hmmmmmmmmm

In other news, Julian was officially presented in Man City this morning:

CEBC0403-165B-462D-AD37-66A12230C92C.jpeg
    E45A9E4F-AADD-4059-8175-EAE1C258543C.jpeg
    B62C7895-DA8D-4E58-B669-A61F7A342BBB.jpeg

SupaMario, Loco, ganapordiego and 2 others repped this.
  10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At first, I thought the jersey design could have been better, but these photos with the numbering and the Gold Crest on it makes it look so much better. I'm sure it'll grow on me when I see the players wear them on the field.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, exactly one year ago, this moment happened

[​IMG]

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Paulo is an Adidas sponsored player. I think outside of Messi, he has the most followers on social media. I think most of the players here are sponsored by Adidas in one way or another.

I do not think our World Cup kits will have the badge. I hope it will but I’m not so sure.

Also, I think our 2015 kits were also pretty nice. They looked retro and sleek. I just associate it with a bad memory but I think I’ll still find one since we got that Copa America monkey off our back.

[​IMG]

Loco repped this.
  12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You could be right. I don't remember Portugal with their Euro badge in the WC18. I hope it changes for this WC.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I loved that shirt. Where you guys getting the old jerseys? I have one from 2012, the collared one, which I really like.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is really tricky finding old authentic jerseys. People look towards eBay, Etsy and some other websites. However, if it’s from China, Hong Kong or in any part of Asia, avoid it since it will likely be bogus. Even if it’s from Argentina, it could be fake. At flea markets, you’ll see Mickey Mouse stuffed dolls with Boca, River and etc kits. I’m quite sure Disney has no relationship with any of our clubs.

So, if it’s from the States and the seller only has one and not countless, it is likely from Adidas. You just have to do your due diligence. Look for discrepancies from official pictures. If the seller also has a store, where he pays rent and sells kits; then it is also an authentic kit. The best advice is go with your gut. Or just post it here, I am sure myself and others could help, just shoot a PM.

It also important to note that Adidas does retro our older kits time to time. They’re called Adidas Originals. So, you’ll have older kits with newer tags but again, just research and see if Adidas did release it. At times, it was only released in Argentina.

This is an example.

49E79190-513F-4506-8EEA-48960364F577.jpeg

[​IMG]

soul24rage, afar and Loco repped this.
  15. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Thank you, SupaMario. I will be careful when I look. This jersey in your post is absolutely beautiful, by the way. Is it from 1993?

SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, it is. But you know which one is a real beauty? It is the banned or disapproved 94 kit. Don Julio, did not like the black in the jersey. I get with not having black and some are traditionalists. They’re out there since they began selling them before the team gave the approval.

If you look closely, you can see the AFA logo throughout the jersey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here is Cholo wearing it for a photoshoot.
    [​IMG]

They went with this instead, which is still a great jersey.

[​IMG]

Great, now, I think I’m getting the jersey bug. Once you begin buying a few, you want more and more.

Albiceleste2010, soul24rage and afar repped this.
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind the black on the new kits but the black on that one is too much since it's interfering with the normal blue and white stripes.

18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  19. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wow - our youth system is starting to look better. We definitely had a dip after the Messi/Aguero/DiMaria generation, but the new kids are starting to look alright

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see your point but there is something unique about them. Perhaps it has to do with us never really wearing them. Some jerseys are a bit more rare. The 1990 home kits were only worn 5 times or so, and they were all the World Cup and they just were replaced.

Some were just awful… These Reebok ones were… I don’t even know…

[​IMG]

And the 2019…
    [​IMG]

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The rumored away kit.
    [​IMG]

Burr, locoxriver and Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The crest could do with work in raising it. Love the colour but the stripes ? £110 for each it would seem.

SupaMario repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It could just be a rumor and a bad knockoff. I’m not really liking it. Our alternative kits have normally been nice.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Licha appears to be on his way to United. ten Hag must think highly of Licha to get United to shell out 50ME for him. I’m excited to see how he does in the EPL.

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard Man Utd were looking at Paredes too, but apparently are shying away because of the price tag

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.