Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi was actually given a replica of the CA trophy. I thought he already had one; since he usually gets a replica made for himself when he wins a trophy.

But anyways, here he is(With the president of CONMEBOL).

[​IMG]

Burr, Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This, absolutely this.

Christina99 and ganapordiego repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zanetti with Diego:D:cool:
    [​IMG]

4. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    That Dybala strike was just pure class. Dybala > J Correa.

Please Scaloni. Please realize this.

I also beg Dybala to please focus on fitness and football for the next 6 months. After that, do whatever you want....

Dybala after the match:
    “I don’t feel within (the team) for the World Cup. There’s missing a lot. You have to continue working. The Argentina national team has incredible players in every position. It’s not easy. I will give my best from now until the World Cup.”

SupaMario, Albiceleste2010, afar and 6 others repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15605 Rattlehead, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022

Side notes : Before the 90s , Italy had 6 wins against Argentina with only 1 losses.. but now the head to head is equal, 6 wins for each. Italy last victory dated back in 80s.

03 Jul 1990 Italy v Argentina L 1-1 FIFA World Cup
    28 Feb 2001 Italy v Argentina L 1-2 International Friendly
    14 Aug 2013 Italy v Argentina L 1-2 International Friendly
    23 Mar 2018 Italy v Argentina L 0-2 International Friendly
    01 Jun 2022 Italy v Argentina L 0-3 CONMEBOL UEFA Cup of Champions

soul24rage and Burr repped this.
  6. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Water is wet.

Dybala's problem is that he plays on the right, the overcrowded side of the NT.

soul24rage repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So who do you guys think would or should start against Estonia? I think its time to experiment a bit and give chance to our second strings. We definetely a proper back up in each position during the WC.

I'd replace the likes of Lautaro, Di Maria , Otamendi and gives more minutes to the likes of Dybala, Julian, Palacios ,Senesi or even Foyth. Not sure about the goalie since I'm afraid somehow Armani would be Scaloni's second choice:sleep:

soul24rage repped this.
  8. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HA HA HAH HAHA HAH A
    JAJA JAJA JAJ JA JA JA JA JA - Too funny.

There are players that just don't impress and don't pass the eye test. Joaquin is one of those players imo. I don't know what he does well that other players don't do better. I appreciate Scaloni giving fringe players chances on the WC (I'm sure that he takes pride on the fact that he gave Papu, RDP, Dibu, N Gonzalez chances on the WC team) and it worked out for a lot of players AND is the reason for La Scalonetta - but even Scaloni needs to admit that Joaquin is below average.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  9. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    X; Foyth, Perez, Senesi, Acuña; Palacios, MacAllister, Papu; Messi, Alvarez, A. Correa.

Even the tryouts must always be with Messi in order to check the chemistry with different players.

Rattlehead, Loco and soul24rage repped this.
  10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apparently this will the last time this jersey will be worn.

15 wins
    6 draws
    0 losses
    2 trophies

What a way to bow out.
    upload_2022-6-2_7-16-36.png

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Yes, but please more of Dybala.

I want to see one full game of Messi and Dybala together with Julian.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When this jersey came out, I thought woof, what an ugly ass jersey. It has grown on me. I just may have to grab it before it is gone for good. The problem is, or was, after we won the CA, they sold out at all the sites, adidas. com and a few national sites. Although, there are some soccer shops near me, I might give that a shot.

13. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I tried to buy both the home and away jerseys with the Copa crest in the middle, but they are so damn hard to find!

SupaMario repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m pretty sure the new ones will also have the badge. But one thing I hope for is the new kits have a collar.

15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15615 Albiceleste2010, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    @Leon12 @Christina99

Unfortunately I could not take my professional D850 and now I wish I had bought an S22 Ultra as the sensor is far bigger than that on a S10 5G and the zoom brings far less loss of detail, aberration etc etc.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before looking at the performance what a joyous occasion it was to be there last evening with the early summer skies matching the colours of the vast majority of fans wandering down Wembley Way into the stadium.

There were some neutrals and quite a few Italians mostly born here but unlike the dismal friendly at the Emptyhad there were huge numbers of Argentines. Probably because of La Scaloneta. You could spot the club strips of many clubs from Argentina among the national team and caps from Lomas Athletic. And so many kids being well brought up by their parents to follow their nation.

Fans had travelled from Spain, Portugal, Italy and elsewhere along with almost the entire London based Argentine community. I was mistaken for one which was nice. :) But my broken command of Spanish gave the game away.

Nonetheless the fans are some of the warmest, open people on the planet. High fives, backslaps and hugs all around.

There was a young couple in front of me Carlos and Beni (dicta) members of the Imperial Guard of Racing. They had those flags and tried to get RdP attention although being so high up that was next to impossible. Wonderful company as were the other Argentines all around. The stadium was like a home match for us and I barely heard the Italia Italia chants but for a few times in the first half.

The singing and dancing started out on Wembley Way, carried on into the queues, into the stadium concourses and into the stands with two main bands leading the chanting/

I do known the songs so I readily joined in and jumping up and down. It was like a huge fiesta and the noise which I know Messi mentioned afterwards was deafening at times.

If you ever have the chance (especially as a fan of the beloved seleccion) to go to a match where they play don't hesitate. This was nothing like the damp squib in Manchester.

Of course the result helped the party atmosphere especially at the end. I do wish perhaps I should have taken a couple more videos but you can probably see some on YT that show the atmosphere of celebration. Especially before the awards were made.

As to the game itself. It was domination from start to finish. We never let the Azzurri settle. Cuti was a monster before going off with cramp. Guido too. The only real two openings were the cutback cut out by Cuti and the chance that fell to Scamacca which unlike Angelito he failed to put away. We did provide a couple of needless opportunities by poor passes across the back but usually the ball and Emi helps in this by patiently passing out with great comfort.

Messi rolled back the years as well. We must have chanted his name countless times along with Dibu and Cuti. They form with de Paul a tremendous spine.

It was wonderful to see Il Capitano but a shame that Alvarez who looked hot as mustard when he came on not get many minutes.

Senesi, Licha, A.Correa need to be brought into the squad and Armani and Rulli cannot be 2nd and 3rd choice keepers.

It was a tremendous special night. Argentine fans are the best in the world no shadow of a doubt. There was of course the booing of the officials. Quite a few from me as he was Chilean as well and plenty of estupido arbitro shouts.

I'm getting high speed fibre BB mid June so it may take a little while to upload the videos with my current connection.

DTCrackheads, Leon12, Loco and 7 others repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll upload some more tomorrow. On the concourse of Wembley Way:

Vimeo

The stirring Oid mortales. Sung rather loudly by me and Carlos having removed his Racing cap.

Loco, soul24rage, Christina99 and 3 others repped this.
  17. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, this is amazing (the photos and the recap)! It all sounds like a once in a lifetime experience! the atmosphere is sickkk i envy you in a good way :D

18. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    This game remind me of Spain 4-0 Italy in 2012. Argentina play some serious beautiful game, though Italy don't have Verrati and Chiesa.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've had more bad luck than any other teams since 2000s . Argentina didnt have Di Maria for 3 finals, also missing Lavezzi in 2016 final. Messi being benched the whole game in 2006 QF aswell. Crespo injured after scored 3 goals in Copa 2007 group stage, Saviola injured after a hattrick in Copa 2004 group stage. Argentina also missed 2 starters in this game.

That's a much bigger "What if" .

DTCrackheads, afar and Loco repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15620 Rattlehead, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friendly 2014 , a month after the WC :whistling:

[​IMG]

DTCrackheads, soul24rage, afar and 2 others repped this.
  21. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I read that there were a lot of pro-Argentina fans at the game. Interesting point, one of my best friends is from Bangladesh and he lived in London for 3 years before coming to the US. He told me that in South East Asia (India, Afghanistan and Pakistan included), Argentina is the most popular foreign national team. And since London has a large Pakistani, Afghanistan, Indian and South East Asian population, that this was going to be a "home game" for us

Then I did some internet "deep-dives" and found tons of Argentina support in that area of the world. Amazing. So many signs that this could be our year (everyone is cheering for us)

22. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Julián Álvarez is also expected to start against Estonia alongside Messi in the attack. Per TyC.

Alongside Dybala.

— Wow, if true, Scaloni does perhaps read this thread? We all perhaps should take some credit if we do win the WC!!!

By the way, any news where this game will be televised? I couldn’t find it anywhere.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably has a staff that could speak and read English and lurking on this board regularly. The guy might be one of us in disguise afterall:ROFLMAO:

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm from South east Asia and my country seems to be pretty divided. Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, Spain, all has pretty big fanbase here. England used to have the largest fanbase here back in late 90s and 2000s (Beckham's days) . Argentina definetely has bigger fanbase these days due to Messi and Aguero popularity.

However, I could confirm Singapore has a large Argentina fanbase. I go there quite often and you d easily spot someone with Argentina jersey on airport, bus , MRT, restaurant, mall, hobby shops, book store etc.

India is another country with very huge Argentina fanbase. If you look at Argentina victory fans celebration video at YT, you'd find alot of passionate Indian fans (or maybe Pakistan, I cant tell).

25. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

afar, locoxriver, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.