Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, for a second I thought he's bumpin into Tucu since I missed out the subtitution due to shitty streaming (almost miss the entire first half).

They ruined our games in those 2 finals by doing time wasting endlessly, rolling on grass for eternity every few seconds. I'm glad Messi's penalty helped to eliminates them from 2018 WC spot. Hopefully this victory will do the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Copa_América_finals

Chile, the only finalist in Copa history that won without scoring a single goal in a final, twice.

2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Against Colombia, we are going to miss Paredes, De Paul and Tagliafico due to suspension. If Buendia can play, he will get his chance to show us what he can do.

God, I love Colombia and have such a soft spot for them, but I want the Scoloneta to continue and don't want a repeat of . . . 1993.

I was impressed with Licha Martinez at CB. Since Guido Rodriguez and Paredes are going to miss the game against Colombia, I think that Licha can play the CDM position. And hopefully Dybala and Buendia will be starters against Colombia

3. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are facing many suspensions for the Colombia game, KEY players like De Paul and Paredes, also add that to no Messi, no Cuti...its a great opportunity to try new players! I think we still gonna win cause the spirit of this team is unbeatable, but its not gonna be as easy as we thought.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    De Paul absent should be interesting. He's been so influential in our game because he's a very solid box to box player. However, we certainly should have a proper plan B. I prefer to have Lanzini over Buendia but we'll see what Buendia could do. I'd love to see Julian finally started but I think its Dybala probably will replace Lautaro .

5. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    #13880 DTCrackheads, Jan 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Is the reason that Tagliafico started because he has chemistry with Lisandro? We all know Lisandro had to start this game due to our CB situation.

Kudos to Scaloni, that pair looked solid.

Lisandro deserves more time at CB. He seems like an upgrade compared to Pazzella and Quarta.

6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Gonzalez had one nice play if I recall that's about it and taglafico well he brings almost zero to the table.

Acuna's output on that flank alone>> tag+gonzalez

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, I don’t understand the hate for Tagliafico. He did nothing wrong, he defended well throughout the match.

Albiceleste2010, soul24rage and Loco repped this.
  8. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm glad that I am not the only one that likes Tagliafico. He is not the greatest LB, but he is serviceable and defends well. That said, I agree that Acuna should be the starter.

I am still worried about Molina. He makes one or two bonehead moves in each game that can cost a goal. I like him more than Montiel on the right-side, but I don't think that the RB position is settled. Montiel was awesome in the Copa. I like to see Foyth, Montiel and Molina all get chances this year to see who is a better fit with the rest of the team. I wouldn't mind if the backline was this;

Acuna - - Licha - - Cuti - - Montiel/Molina/or Foyth

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Gio appears to be in his way to France. OL will be his new team(Supposedly). Not the best move but at least he’ll be able to play and is familiar with the league. I was hoping for La Liga but this will have to do. I think he needs to find that rhythm he he had with Betis.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still thinking how the hell are we gonna play with NO PLAYERS AVAILABLE

Also, to add to the no Cuti Romero (BEST defender in Argentina and abdolutely KEY for us), and no Messi (dont need to explain this one), we lose OUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER (besides messi), our backbone, our soul, we lose RODRIGO DE PAUL!!!! And to make it worse we also lose freaking Paredes whos like the worst person to lose besides De Paul, and then we lose Otamendi? Our other historic defender? And it seems that even Papu Gomez is injured now? I mean whos gonna play? The sub 20 guys? Whos gonna be our mildfielder? Whos gonna defend? El Raton Ayala? Is Aimar gonna play? Is Scaloni himself gonna get into the pitch? I mean whats going on??

If anyone wants to beat the powerful Scaloneta, the time is now.

Even this abysmal non scoring Colombia might beat us, we really are screwed for this game, all this players out at the same time is ridiculous.

I wouldnt mind us losing our winning streak, better now than in Qatar...

But its truly weird how this shaped up and now we lost our 4 most important players at the same time, and then some more...

soul24rage repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never write out our chance, especially when Di Maria has something to proof:D

Remember the first 2 games in Copa 2016? Messi didnt start & DI maria scored & assisted. The game againts Germany after WC without Messi...Di Maria with a goal & 3 assists. Recently againts Uruguay & Chile... No Messi but Di Maria with golazo:D

12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’ll say it again, we shouldn’t have any problems beating Colombia. They are an average side and they don’t have a single player on their roster that would make our starting 11, not a single one. With that being said, they are desperate and they can’t even afford a draw, so they’ll be like a caged a animal, so we need to be careful. If we score early, we can run up the score, hitting 3 or 4.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So River Plate president has confirmed Alvarez has officially signed for City. Hopefully it will not blow his WC chance. I believe he can delivers like Kun.

Albiceleste2010 and ganapordiego repped this.
  15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im kinda skeptikal of our win against Colombia, im not sure we can replace De Paul and Paredes. De Paul is absolutely key for our midfield, I fail to see Argentina thriving without him and 5 others key players.

If we fail to win this game in such unusual circumstamces, i wont be mad at the team, the players or the coach.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We currently moved up in the rankings. Of course, it could change again after the match with Colombia.

By the way, can somebody tell me how the US is ranked in the top 10. I watched a replay of their match and they looked average at best. Also, I couldn’t name more than a couple players on that squad.

AMLO2018 and soul24rage repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, they're trying to save Portugal's ass as much as they could... They didnt even win their last 2 qualifier games and fell into playoff, how do they climbed into 8th:ROFLMAO:

18. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It takes into account previous results. I think we played in second sometimes even third gear against Chile in the second half perhaps saving energy for the Colombia match.

Licha Martinez was excellent with his passing and balls through the lines nearly setting up El Toro with one searching pass in the first half. However it was Chile and he needs to be examined against tougher opponents and how he deals with a physical nine stuck on him for example. He also was aggressive. We cannot pair him with Cuti in that case.

I would like to see some of the fringe players given their chance now. Start Julian from the get go against Colombia for instance and for the remaining qualifiers allow Musso a start. We need familiarity between the defence and him should Emi be injured for example God forbid. And bring in Senesi and Medina. I cannot see how they are behind Pezzella for instance.

I can understand why Scaloni and company are solidifying their group building up team morale and togetherness not to mention familiarity given the spread of clubs our players play for compared to say Spain or Germany for instance. But he still needs to look at form coming into Qatar.

I hope Palacios is reintroduced as well given he is the perfect replacment for a roving de Paul. Alario I would also bring back into the fold. I cannot understand why he is still at Leverkusen as a fringe player having rejected the chance to move despite worrying about his WC chances.

He won't get one sitting on the bench. But he is a clutch striker unlike Higuain for instance and we need one of those if we are chasing a game. Perhaps he will move in the summer and storm the autumn hoping to force his way in. Ocampos has picked up as well and would be deserving of another chance as well.

Other than that there is a really settled squad. Which is good. Streak or not is unimportant it;s getting the right winning mentality , building confidence and belief which is why personally I would have loved to see us pump Chile by four or five rather than relaxing in the second half.

We also need to bear in mind most teams will be on the defensive against us at the Mundial as usual so we need to get Acuna and Molina into those wide areas when we can. It is noticeable compared to other seleccions how quick this one moves the ball wide and long rather than trying to be overly intricate and more noticeable when Messi is not around. Players like Cuti, Licha, Rodrigo make this a far easier plan as well.

On the negative side di Maria aside from the goal was poor. Along with Nicolas. Poor control, poor passes, too rushed at times. We managed to work some good positions only to waste them. Something we cannot afford to do against better teams.

Rattlehead, locoxriver and ganapordiego repped this.
  19. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can tell you how USA is in the top 10; Nike, Coca Cola, Pepsi, GM, ESPN, Disney, (basically al lot of the important sponsors)

I read that after the Chile game, Gary Medved was asked about the treatment the Argentina team received (detained at the airport, no water or air condition at the hotel, alarms that kept the players up, etc), and Medved said "que se la coman en silencio"

ja ja ja ja, he is such a POS

Albiceleste2010, SupaMario and AMLO2018 repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ehhh... we all know the FIFA rankings are not to be taken seriously and by no means does this mean they are one of the ten best teams in the world, but it makes sense that they’re ranked high in the rankings: in the past two years they have won both the Gold Cup and the Nations League, have hardly lost any games, and are one point away from the top in CONCACAF WCQs (which they could overtake if they beat Canada today).

I mean it’s not their fault their region is “easy”... they’re winning the titles they play for, so that’s got to count for something.

Portugal being ranked so high is actually more illogical, even though they are a better team... they didn’t make it out of their Nations League group last time around, crashed in R16 in the Euros, might be missing the WC.

Or how about Belgium, who have been ranked first for the last 40 years now? I mean don’t get me wrong, they have an absolutely fantastic team who deserves credit, but what exactly have they achieved? They flopped in the last two Euros and both NLs, what gives them more points than everyone else?

soul24rage, Burr, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While FIFA rankings are a bit of a joke, they do factor in who gets seeded at a World Cup. So, if the US manage to get seeded(Long shot, I know) it could cause a couple of group of deaths.

But aren’t the rankings based on not merely your wins but who you also play. For example, I remember losing points for playing teams who were ranked really low. So again, I’m not sure how the US are ranked so high when they play teams like the freakin Bahamas and Belize. The US shouldn’t even be ranked 25 to be honest. They are a very mediocre side.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He will stay in River until July, with the possibility to extend until the end of the year depending on how the club progresses in the Libertadores.

In other words, there’s a good chance he won’t move to England til after the WC

23. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is a better outcome of him (a) sitting on the bench at ManCity, or (b) getting loaned out to some irrelevant team playing irrelevant games.

Hell, if ManCity wants to buy the entire River squad and loaned them out to us, yeah, we will take that.

soul24rage, Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  24. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Loco, DTCrackheads, soul24rage and 2 others repped this.
  25. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ocampos in place of De Paul?? Sources are saying

What do u guys think?