Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As long they does this again, I'd be more than happy

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I want to do the US do well... But what is this nonsense about Donovan being a Tevez in the dressing room? Or calling him a Saviola? Come on...

What happened is, Donovan like 5-6 years ago went on loan to Bayern Munich when Klinsmann was the coach and their relationship was bad. Klinsmann didn't like Donovan's work ethic and the German press killed him for bringing in Donovan and Bayern didn't win the Bundesliga that season and Klinsmann probably blames Donovan since he was the only reinforcement brought in

Then Donovan went on a sabbatical last year because he was going through burn as he was going on loan to playing at Everton during MLS off season and playing for US team during june and july. Klinsmann, who is a typical German, hated this idea of a sabbatical, and has been plotting a way to get rid of him ever since.

So this whole situation goes back 5-6 years it has nothing to do with Donovan being a bad influence, its a personal thing with Klinsmann. The problem is, that Klinsmann should have just cut him from the beginning or after the sabbatical, not right before the world cup.

It would be like Sabella calling up Tevez all along then dropping him along with Banega and Sosa in the final cut

I'm kind of torn, because I want the US to do well, but I also want Klinsmann to fail miserably... Not just for the Donovan situation, but because i think he's a dick and he's a horrible coach

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this now the Yankee thread??

4. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry I just had to get the hate off my chest.
    Proceed with Albiceleste related stuff please

5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    This kind of explains the poisoned atmosphere at Barcelona this past term ---- Messi wanted to quit after the Copa Del Rey loss.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday June 5 2014

‘Tito convinced Messi to stay at Barca’
    By Football Espana staff
    [​IMG]
    Lionel Messi had decided to leave Barcelona until he spoke with Tito Vilanova, less than a week before the former Barca Coach passed away.
    Mundo Deportivo reports that Messi and Jose Pinto went to see Vilanova on April 19, although Vilanova initially declined their request to visit as he didn’t want the players to see how unwell he was.
    The meeting was three days after Barca lost the Copa del Rey final to Real Madrid and at a time when Messi was criticised by the Camp Nou crowd.
    Reporter Bernat Soler claimed on TV3 that Vilanova agreed to speak with Messi after talking to Josep Maria Bartomeu, the Barca President, about the Argentine’s mood.
    It’s claimed that the first thing Messi told Vilanova was that he had made up his mind to quit Barca. Messi also insisted it wasn’t about money.
    During the two-hour talk Vilanova urged Messi to reconsider and advised he wouldn’t find a better club than La Blaugrana. A day later, Messi scored the winner in a 2-1 victory over Athletic Bilbao.
    Bartomeu visited Vilanova in hospital on April 24, a day before Vilanova died, and thanked him for his role in changing Messi’s mind.
    The President is said to have referred to the discussion in his open letter upon the death of Vilanova, where he wrote that he had seen up close how Vilanova remained committed to the success of the club.
    “I have experienced first-hand how, until the last moment, he has been helping the club with his advice,” Bartomeu wrote.
    Messi duly agreed a new contract with Barca on May 19.

cigar_city repped this.
  6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just a little rusty against Trinidad though somone should have had a word at half time about some of the challenges. We've already seen how some players will be missing due to over the top challenges in pre WC friendlies.

Lavezzi's finishing indeed all of them will need to improve. As for Romero I hope he is training intensively with crossed balls, high balls and being given plenty of one on one situations.

I wonder how scientific our preparation is compared to other teams. While our newer coaches like Pochettino, Zubeldia and Simeone prepare to the nth degree using all the modern technological aids does Sabella ? Can't wait for next Sunday.

The heart starts pumping that bit faster, butterflies in the stomach, standing infront of the television with hand over heart as the anthem plays wearing the shirt. Twenty one years of pain. Fingers crossed this is the year when we can lay the heartache to one side.

Leon12 and Pipiolo repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, Rojo looks like high school kid.

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina have the oldest team. In Contrast, Many of the best players in 2010 were much younger, had less experience, and Argentina had one of the youngest teams.

I feel 2010 was a waste of talent and once-in-a-life time opportunity, perpetuated by Gordona and Maradona's 1-2 punch of incompetence. What could have been with a better side, and built upon Pekerman's great performance. Like all the foundations were ripped apart by two idiots.

cigar_city repped this.
  10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pekerman's great performance???? Are you having a laugh, what Pekerhead did was a million times worse than anything Diego did in 2010. We were never going to win the 2010 world cup because Spain were the best team by a country mile. In 2006 we were the outstanding team but due to Pekerman's cowardice we surrendered the game against Germany when we were in complete control and cruising to victory and in the end the title was won by the worst team ever to win a world cup.

But let's look ahead to 2014, I feel that this our time.

tatoRMN repped this.
  11. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

<3 <3

12. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What happened to Biglia?

13. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember 4 beautifully played games under a coach who mentored the youth team. A performance better than anything in 2002 and 2010.

At least 2006 they were not embarrassed off the field 4-0. you see it the way you want see it. That's one thing I learned about football fans they paint the picture the way they want to see it.

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bostero818 repped this.
  15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1540 argentine soccer fan, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    I agree that Pekerman's team was a pleasure to watch. Of course, he had Riquelme running the show, that had a lot to do with it. Maradona's team -regardless of who we blame for it- missed Riquelme in midfield. But in the end both teams were cruising along until both Pekerman and Maradona made coaching blunders against Germany.

In Pekerman's case it was bad adjustments. Taking out Riquelme and Crespo to bring in Cambiasso and Cruz when Argentina seemed to be in control. Granted, he had to unexpectedly change goalkeepers which limited his options, but nevertheless the adjustments were dumb.

In Diego's case it was more basic. Not changing tactics at all, playing the exact same way against Germany that you played against Mexico, when it was a completely different team. The arrogance of thinking that the other team should adjust to us. Well, Germany studied us, made the right tactical adjustments, and they basically kicked our ass.

This is a new generation of players led by a coach who may be stubborn, may not always pick the most logical players we all want, but who has proven that he does understand tactics and he knows how to make adjustments. And I think it's obvious from his final picks that he was looking for versatility, for different options. I expect that if we lose this time it will not be because coach didn't study the opponent or because he failed to adjust or made bad adjustments.

It's not going to be easy to win in Brazil, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we have a chance.

aerez and Pipiolo repped this.
  16. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Looking at the schedule we actually have an easier road to the finals than Brazil.

My only concern is Gago. He needs to play at a high level if were gonna win anything. Spain won because their midfield shut down opponents defensively. Im afraid because of his late form he wont be as sharp in that areas and thats not good. We will probably meet Spain the Semi-finals and even though their attackers dont scare me, their midfield does when lined up against ours. It will be a tough battle but we can expose them in the counter like Brazil did last yr

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think central midfield is something to worry too much about. If Gago is not playing well we have alternatives, both for defense (Biglia) and for play creation (Enzo, Augusto).

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How have the locals received your team? any poor treatment considering your rivalry?

20. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nope, quite the contrary in fact.

For now.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So far it has been pretty good. Couple fans ran onto the pitch during practice and hugged Messi.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was even a Ronaldinho look-alike that fooled Messi and had him laughing.

[​IMG]

There have always been fans from Argentina and Brasil that were fans of players on opposing national teams.

cigar_city repped this.
  22. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well since you cant play them until the final there probably wont be problems, unless the two teams meet in the final.

Portugal had a good reception at their training today, a fan ran on the field for Ronaldo as well.

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You guys were awesome in 2006 early stages.
    I remember being disappointed when Germany beat you

and yeah, it was a shit win for Italy lol. If Zidane stayed on the field France would have won the PKs.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we both win our groups then we won't play till the final. If one finishes 1st and the other 2nd, then I believe there will be a meeting before the final.

Good luck vs the Germans, hope you do well.

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yes you are correct, many predict Brazil Argentina in the final,
    but of course we know Germany and Spain are also big faviourtes.

thank you, good luck this tournament (unless its the QF against us potentially :p) you guys are due to have a strong WC run with all that amazing talent.