Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2010-2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by SupaMario, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I consider myself pretty objective even when dealing with Real Madrid :)p) and I didn't think he dove, he was just clumsy and tripped. And of course you're going to look back to the ref hoping for a call because you feel a little bit stupid.

My eyebrow raised a lot more after his rolling about after getting shoved but even then I didn't think it was anything crazy or out there.

Just my two cents and I'll leave now since I know ya'll don't like Madrid too much but I had to defend Angel just a 'lil bit :D

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well look at the club he plays at and who he is around, Cristiano, Red Card Ramos and Jose.

On a side note, I was a bit bummed hearing Perotti was out of the game. I have heard he has done well this season, was hoping to catch him play

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Licha scored again today, the man is on fire! I think he is one of the best # 9's in the world. I honestly hope Batista is tracking him. I would love to see him play. Rumors are Juve are keeping a close eye on him because I believe this is the last season for Licha in France. I read somewhere he may go to Atletico Madrid, but they would have to sell Forlan for that. I would love to see a Kun/Licha connection.

4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Supposedly both Juventus and Inter are after him.

Benfica won 5-2 over Rio Ave, with two goals of Salvio, two goals of Saviola and the remaining goal by Aimar.

5. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Costa, Conca, D'Alessandro and even Montillo then add Masche, Banega and Pastore. Then put Tevez and Higuain up top and you can use Messi as a sub.

We might actually have a chance at winning the Copa America.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria has 6 goals + 8 assist in all competition right now (8 goals if you count pre season)

I hate real madrid with passion but the guy is doing well and keep getting better (minus his clown act)... but off course just like Higuain, he needs to proof himself even more by scoring against strong side too. At this rate, he will get 10+ goals this season and statistically, I'm impress with that.

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Nice one! :D

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we had Conca, D'Alessandro and even Montillo in the starting line up and Messi on the subs bench we wouldn't even win a Copa for under 10's (if there was such a thing), in football terms that is probably one of the worst suggestions of all time.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Don't leave, you're more than welcome to keep posting here. I love Di Maria, I was constantly talking about him in the Barca forum and even in your forum when people were claiming he was overrated. I was pissed off when the joined Madrid but honestly he's a diver and he needs to cut that shit out.

Lisandro is one of my favorite players. I have no idea what he has to do to get called up. He was Ligue 1's player of the year and yet Maradona ignored him. Forget about Milito, Licha needs to be called up again.

10. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You can't let it go can you? Despite the fact that the best player in the world is Agentino. You should be proud instead you still bash him despite the fact that THE ENTIRE TEAM was playing like shit at the time and that he was easily the team's best player in the Cup.

1 person likes this.
  11. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not only that but since the cup he has scored against big teams and is playing great.

12. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop what? My opinion? No I won't, thank you very much. I'm very proud that Messi is Argentino but don't get it twisted, he's not producing for the NT and should be held up to the same scrutiny as any other player. His amazing performances for Barcelona don't give him any leeway on the Seleccion. Nor should it.

Secondly I didn't bash him at all. I just said that he could be used as a sub. Guardiola uses him as a sub and with deadly results. Imagine how tired defenders would get turned inside out with Messi as a sub!

I think that you need to revisit your opinion of Messi and consider that what happens at Barcelona means nothing for an Argentino who only wants the best for La Seleccion.

13. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Do you think you'll ever have a national team manager that agrees with this? I doubt it.

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi is evolving as we speak. Argentina is still hoping that he matures into the this century's Maradona. We stand at over 5 years and 50 caps and he's yet to be Diego. He simply isn't what we expected.

There is no reason not to bench him or play him as a sub.

We have 3 10's playing in Brazil and they are considered the best in the league. Yet none of those are even close to the Seleccion. D'allesandro being the exception.

Now Messi might evolve into that big game player like Diego was/is and everything will be left in the past but right now that's not happening. He's a marketing toy and La Seleccion a victim of his fame.

The NT needs to return to its roots. Play good ball and then maybe consider allowing Messi to join. Only if he can fill a certain role and well.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just wondering, what did Diego do up until 23 for Argentina? I just know 82 WC he left the pitch in disgrace. I think we have to give Lio the benefit of the doubt. And to be honest, who has done ANYTHING for Argentina for the last few years? Nobody is the answer. But back to my question, what did Diego do up until 23?

16. scrooge

scrooge New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I think Di Maria earned two pk's (both of which CR converted) earlier in the season under similar circumstances (though with more contact).

He has a cool head. Very composed in front of the goal and his passing and first touch seems to have improved with RM.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    last few years? there's no Argentine player that win a title for the senior national team in last 17 years! Even with players like Crespo, Batigol, Sorin, Zanetti, Ayala etc they only reached WC quarterfinal at best.

While you're right that Diego didnt win the 82 WC, He did in fact won the 86 WC and reached the final in 90 WC, therefore he already secured his status. So while Messi havent reach that age, it doesnt change the fact Diego already done it and Messi havent. Also, regardless whtever reason you want to put, the fact Messi failed to score a single goal makes many Argentine supporter questioning his form while playing for Argentina.

I for one, couldnt wait for the 2011 copa at Argentina. I hope he will silence everyone.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Yet you say Tevez should start who was even worse during qualifiers and cost the team some points because of his stupidity. I've never seen you constantly in every thread put him down like you do with Messi. Nor have you done the same with any other player. You continue to put down the player who was best in the cup. You show no consistency.

Exactly.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    So the fact that he was involved in like half of the goals in the cup doesn't matter? He has to actually score one? The fact he was easily the best player in the team doesn't matter?

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope so too. Maybe after playing a couple of games straight in Argentina the fans will warm up to him and give him the support he needs from the stands.

Also I have another question. Let's say that Argentina wins the Copa America but Messi under performs, what then?

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tevez has proved his worth for La Seleccion. He won Olympic gold and has always played his heart out for La Seleccion. You want to negate his NT accomplishments bc he was red carded twice, then so be it, its your opinion.

Messi is a Ferrari and if that Ferrari can't do what it's made to do then you are better off driving a lesser car.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    And Messi didn't win the Olympic gold being the best player in the tournament beating even Brasil??? :rolleyes: Didn't he just score three times against two of the best teams in the world in the last friendlies? Didn't he score the winner against Brasil???

Again you show no consistency.

He also missed a key PK. And I'm not negating anything, I love Tevez but he just like most other players he underperformed during most of qualifiers yet you decide to single out Messi in everything in every thread.

23. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You asked about Tevez not about Messi v Tevez. Stop changing the argument to suite your needs.

All the players underperformed, that we can agree on. BUT Messi was the one with the most potential making his the biggest failure.

I'm sure that you can see that.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You're the one who inconsistently praised Tevez for winning the Gold yet ignored Messi did the same. Did you forget? If Tevez deserves just as much criticism as Mesii, and other players, say it instead of singling out one player in every single thread.

And incase you didn't read my Edit, didn't he just score the winner against Brasil? What more do you want?

Messi making a "failure" was the result of him being completely misused in a formation he wasn't used to. He was isolated, at Barca he has teammates all around to actually pass the ball to. He has players to play 1-2's with which is one of his trademarks. He can't do that if he's all alone and has to go back to the midfield line and take the ball and try to take on 3 defenders because there is no one near him to pass it to.

Even Riquelme who's a master visionary on the field noticed this and said it.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You asked about Tevez' accomplishments and I gave it to you. Then when it didn't fit into your argument you married it with Messi and my supposed inconsistency. Come on just give it up already, Messi has underperformed. It's just now that he's starting to come back up to normal.

Also marrying Messi's underperformance to others underperformance somehow makes it ok. It somehow eliminates Messi from criticism? Please. If anything it makes him stand out more simply because he's the best player in the world. He has underperformed even more grossly than his other teammates. And yes that comes with the title of "best in the world"

And in case you haven't read my posts, since the world cup, I've praised Messi's performances. I've said that he has improved and that I hope he continues along this path.

Just because he has played a couple of good games and scored two goals doesn't mean that he hasn't underperformed in his previous 50 caps. He still has to prove that he can play the big game for Argentina and stand tall amongst the best. He hasn't yet, although he's slowly getting there.

If as the best player in the world you can't adapt then maybe you really arent the best of the best. What you are doing with Messi is taking away his accountability and responsibility and trying to pass it along to someone else. You are basically converting Messi into a victim. That's just sad.