Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2009-2010 (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by King Aguero, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threervana

threervana Member

Jun 4, 2008
    China
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fabrizio Miccoli~

He was once regarded as the Italian Diego:rolleyes:

2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You think Brazil will mind if we borrow Alves for the WC to play along side Messi. They barely use him anyway. :cool:

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also thought he had a very solid game. On the other hand in the Chelsea boards they were referring to him as a hack and couldn't even wonder why anyone even rates him. Sounds a bit amargo to me:D

4. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. futbol_Jonz

futbol_Jonz Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Toronto
    exactly my thoughts! while watching todays game i wished we had our own version of alves going into the WC!

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who would want to go to RM when they treat Argentinian's like trash. One of my cousins who lives in Spain who supports Madrid, has a double edged sword about the whole thing, since his national team is Argentina. I think there's more sentiments like this.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You know(correct me if I am wrong) Valdano did not protect Pipita until he scored the hat-trick over the weekend. Maybe Diego was right about something...

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I absolutely agree. I have to agree with NYC Cosmos now about a lot of things. Hey NYC, you make a lot of sense now from all the bantering me and you use to do. :D

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi's goals today. What impresses me that he can score outside of the box like it is nothing. Man, if he can do this at the World Cup, wow...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXeZxBPpOBg"]YouTube- Lionel Messi's Wonderful Goal Vs Stuttgart[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuoH5sp4PYs"]YouTube- Barcelona Vs Stuttgart 3-0 Messi Second Goal in HD[/ame]

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    He'd have to actually be close to the goal to be able to do that not deep in the midfield :rolleyes::mad:.

12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can rest assured that most game plans will mimic what was done to Roman. Crowd and foul him to death and make the rest of the team step up. We saw how that worked out no?

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's somewhat ironic coming from supporters of a club that features John Terry in defence, a thug on and off the pitch.;)

As for Messi, what can you say, still only 22 as well, they say a players peak years are between 28 and 32, so how good could he be by then??

14. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know what upset me yesterday? On Messi's first goal, which was a fcuking GOLAZO, he took a shot on goal from what appeared to be his own goal line amongst 4 defenders AND hung it up there in the corner. He did his now famous move from right to left, a move which he tried several times against Brazil but to no avail. (yes I'm still hung up on the Brazil game).

There are two things to look at. Is the overall quality of La Liga defenders worse than the overall quality of Brazilian defenders? What is it? I don't care what you say about the midfield and the connection to Messi and so on. But when you are the best player in the world and you have the ball at the top of the box and it's one of your most lethal moves, what is the reason that you don't score? He makes this move/shot on goal/strike ALL THE FCUKING TIME. He gets the ball on the right, slides all along the top of the box from right to left and then kicks the ball into the "angulo" and scores!

Is he holding out? Is this some sort of master plan? I'll believe some conspiracies more than the next guy but I just don't see it hear. Are we all expecting that the 20 or so days before the Mundial will clear this up? Personally I really want to believe it will but something tells me that it won't. It will be a more subdued performance with many wishing that he would have stepped up just a tad more and DiMaria as the breakout player of the NT.

I will give Messi one thing. He did gain a tad of respect in the Germany game by trying to recover the ball which earned him a card. Not that getting a card earned him respect but it SHOWED that he was trying. Trying or effort is really all any fan wants to see, even if you are unsuccessful.

I think that this is where Messi not playing in the Argentine Primera plays a huge role. Why you ask? Because he doesn't feel pressured by his fans to give a little extra. His fans are in Barcelona and that's where he performs! Hell he never even played for Newells. He doesn't know what its like to have 40000 hinchas screaming his name in Rosario against Central. He just never lived that. Maradona on the other hand played 7 years in Argentina before he went on to Barcelona.

Of course that's not his fault, it's the way the ball rolled in his life and it doesn't make him any less Argentine. Althought it does give that perception to many. I've always thought that his mental game for Argentina would improve tenfold if he played a year in Argentina. Even a short tournament would definitely improve his image and mental game, at least when playing for the NT is concerned.

Approaching the World Cup, at least he is in superb form and hopefully that can translate into a great performance with the NT.

VAMOS PIBE QUE VOS LA ROMPES EN JUNIO!!!

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, its been a tough life for Leo. Join Barca at the age of 12 and by the age of 22 you are the best player on the planet and the winner of:

3 La Liga titles
    2 Champions League titles
    1 Copa Del Rey
    1 Super Cup
    1 World Club Championship
    1 under 20 World championship
    1 Olympic Gold Medal

On top of that you are the world and European player of the year, a multi millionaire with a long line of sponsors throwing money at you. Guess it’s a tough job but someone has to do it.

:D

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Pot kettle black is immediately what came to mind when going through that thread. That thread had some interesting posts.

No doubt those are great accomplishments but I'd trade all those for one more World Cup in the blink of an eye.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Have faith Moishe, Messi will deliver the world cup, don't forget it even took Maradona till the age of 26 to come up with that. ;)

Changing the subject, would'nt it be funny if he signed for Barca:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...s-gonzalo-higuain-to-be-sold-in-summer-report

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have more faith in him than I did 18-24 months ago that's for sure.

In regards to Higuain, I usually don't get involved in the drama outside of futbol Argentino but to see a player work so hard, be so humble and sell himself to the fans the way he has I would love to see him go to Barca. Unfortunately the possible asking price mentioned in that link would probably be jacked up higher for Barca than any other club. If Barca did get him for the $40 mil then it would only nail down just want an idiot Florentino Perez is.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It beggars belief that the main reason Perez wants to sell Higuain is because he was signed during Calderon's presidency. That and the fact he is making his signing of Kaka and Benzema look very foolish. :mad:

20. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that you meter is off or maybe its over sensitive. I never said that his life was hard, I just said it has taken its own course which is different than many Argentine footballers.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm pretty amazed that he wants the money to sign another Galactico. I guess Perez want's marketing toys not quality players. Ronaldo is an awesome player but Kaka and to a larger degree Benzema offer little on the pitch.

The way the executive boards do things in Spain primarily with the big clubs is awful. Players being victim to rivalries b/w new and old regimes is sad.

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to Marca, which is basically the mouth piece for Perez, his no.1 priority for next season is Sergio Aguero. If I was Sergio I would stay well clear.

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd heard that too about Kun. After seeing this crap the only reason I could see him going to Real Madrid is the for the absurd sum of money they'd offer him definitely not for the positive atmosphere and job security.

24. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi has said that many times recently. He's stated that he would trade everything he won with Barcelona for a World Cup with Argentina.

I really think we'll see a different/better Messi at the World Cup. 20-30 days is a good amount of time to get a team together and try and build some chemistry(barring any injuries). Ever since the Germany game he's seemed more concentrated in his play. His passing and his shooting have been ridiculous. And wasn't there the news a few days ago about surrounding Messi with friends during the World Cup(with Ustari)? That might help.

I remember after the Copa America, Messi said that the person who really helped him integrate with the other players on the team was Veron. Maybe Messi does feel distanced from the rest of the other players(or atleast used to feel distanced)? After all, he made his debut with the NT in 2005. So he played 2 years with the NT without having any real "friends". I'm sure that had some sort of effect on him.

I think most people will agree with that. It's clear the kid wants to succeed with Argentina. After all the talk of how or if he "feels the shirt", there's one thing some people always tend to forget. And that is if he really didn't give a damn about Argentina, he would have played for Spain. But he decided to play for us and things haven't exactly been rosy for him(or us), but he's atleast trying. The match against Spain I think is when we first saw some raw emotion from Messi while playing for Argentina(especially during his goal celebration). And we saw it again against Germany. The kid's trying. He's still only 22.

I think I would rather see Aguero with Chelsea than with Madrid. As much as I'm against Argentine's playing in England, I would take Aguero playing there instead of for Real Madrid.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would prefer to see Aguero play in Italy. I want our best forwards to be playing against good defenses and strong tactical set ups. Italy has always provided that.