Argentina Vs. Serbia & Montenegro (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1800469,00.html

He signed with Zaragoza yesterday. Now I totally expect him to shine. Germany wasn't his gig and England over the long haul would be questionable. Like I said, I'm not a hater, just a bigger Riquelme fan.

2. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    cabezon will play for zaragoza
    pfff are you really his fan or are you just an anti boca/riquelme??
    can't you people stop this river vs boca bullshit?

vamos argentina

3. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    mentioning Ortega in the same breath as Riquelme is laughable.

4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Impressive performance against a very poor Serbia & Montenegro side! The 2nd goal was simply superb and a copy of what I had seen at your training the day before your game. ;)

Great to see my "darling" Lionel Messi coming in and performing so well!

I think you'll be rated a the top favourite now.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Riquelme is definitely our mastermind, notice that almost every goal carries a touch by him, opposing players are going to try to hack him, I hope referees keep these scumbags away from guys who came to play and not hack their way to the final.

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Here is a nice little write-up on Peker's team.

8. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think that this match was the best performance by a team i have EVER seen...I don't know what you guys think. Any thoughts?

9. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    guys, judging by the reaction in england, the whole world is talking about argentina.

whatever else happens in this wc, we have shown the world how to play football and reminded them why it is called the beautiful game.

everyone who loves the game the world over is indebted to us.

it makes me v proud.

now let's go and win the damn thing...

p.s. stop bashing roman, it's frankly ridiculous.

10. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not only England, but also South Africa..not like that counts for much though.

I'm arriving in Buenos Aires on the 2nd of July and I'll be there on the 9th when they lift the WC!

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's funny isn't it IDS, the pundits on tele and newspapers in England are running out of superlatives to describe Argentina's performance against S&M, yet you're still getting people coming on here to have a moan about Riquelme.

I get the feeling that if Argentina were to beat Barzil in the worlc up final 10-0 and Roman scored 9 of those goals and created the other one the same suspects would come on here and moan that he is to slow. Give the bloke a break and enjoy the beautiful football Argentina are playing at the moment.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think it's just a few bitter gayinas. Most Argentines know enough about football to understand the value of Riquelme. Even most River fans, but the bitter minority is very loud.

Anyway, I'm just glad all our players are performing well. I don't care if it's Saviola, Crespo, Messi, Tevez or Riquelme. I just want us to play good football and win matches by playing our way, and shut up all the people who always put down Argentina. We'll have plenty of time in the next four years to put each other down, lets enjoy what our team is doing right now.

I'm not saying we got it in the bag, because it's very premature, but regardless of what happens, that match against Serbia wil live forever. As they say, 'quien nos quita lo bailado'. And the amazing thing is, we have guys like Tevez, Mascherano, Messi and so on for at least two or three more world cups. Life is good now, lets unite at least once every four years and stop talking boludeces.

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ASF,

The future looks very good for Argentina because aside from the players you mention, there are also the likes of Aguero/Gago and Gonzalo who did not even make the squad. :D

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not to mention a potential all-time great goalie like Ustari. The future looks bright, but it would be so sweet if we could do something this year, after everybody discounted Argentina coming into the tournament.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sod waiting till 2010 lets win this one. :D

16. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX
    Yeah, Argentina has a great team and Riquelme is definitely the brains but let's not get ahead yet, Argentina has a game against Holland and that's not going to be easy, we probably are not going to win 6-0 and I hope I'm wrong. This is a step by step thing, I hope we don't end up out in the next round, it's going to get a lot harder. The good thing is that the team is responding and we can dream of better things in the future but step by step,otherwise, they are going to laugh their arses at us like in 2002. I'm starting not to like our favoritism again, the reason for this is because now everyone knows the potential of our team and they are going to prepare in advance on how to play us.

17. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys, I think that Peker should take the next match to see what his subs can do. Ustari, Cruz, Tevez, Messi, Cufre, Scaloni and Aimar should all get starts on Wednseday.

18. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed.

19. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    I agree too, any inside reports from an1 about what team might start?

20. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    There is absolute evidence that the team hasn't peaked yet. Neither Roman, nor Aimar nor Messi nor Tevez have showed all they have.

Despite the 6-0 ... Argentina slowed down the game in the 2nd half. I expect a lot more from the team still, but that doesn't always mean scoring tons of goals. Still remember the 6-1 in Copa America against Ecuador, and then losing to Mexico 0-1. So lets keep the feet on the ground and go game by game.

I'm just glad that the bashing has been reduced to only Roman. It is about knowing your players and having faith people. But to win it all takes also luck. Hopefully the team can minimize the luck factor by controlling their games and the score.

But as ASF well said ... what has been shown won't be taken away. Just like the Hungary of '54 or the Holland of '74. Lets hope for some more great football in the next games, but a 1-0 playing ugly on July 9th would do it. :cool:

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    which one? theres no colombian in Univision.....???

22. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    well, thru our exhibition of the finer arts against s'n'm, we have firmly won the hearts and minds of the whole world.

that may sound an exaggeration but it is not.

nobody has seen a performance like that for at least 20 years.

on fri night the BBC correspondent said it was the best football he had ever seen in his whole life.

the next morning, in the english press, they said argentina had elevated the beautiful game to a new level, and thanked us for it (i say 'us' because i am taking a lot of the credit for it:D )

saturday, BBC again, lee dixon, a former england international who won countless titles with arsenal, when asked how good cuchu's goals was, replied simply 'the best i've ever seen'.

mark lawrenson, one of the BBC's main pundits, when asked to name the best player in each position so far, simply gave our starting line-up against s'n'm.

etc etc.

of course there is pressure now because of the added focus, but let's not forget how much pressure we were already under, bearing in mind 2002.

we can deal w pressure.

this is a v special group, you get the feeling they would die for each other, die for the shirt, die for their country.

there is a v special vibe, one you v rarely see.

unlike most of you i would only drop heinze for the holland game.

it's imperative that we don't lose the game, as we would then in all likelihood avoid england, brazil, germany (dangerous as the home side).

we have no-one to fear but these countries can raise their game against better opponents (and fierce rivals) and i would rather, if i had a choice, be in the other half of the draw, altho it's clear they're nowhere near our level if we're on our game.

heinze has a yellow card, we don't want to lose him for the next round, and milito is more-than-adequate cover, also it would be good to give him a game as he is likely to be needed sooner or later (i regard him as our first choice replacement centre-back) and i'd rather he didn't come in cold.

crespo and saviola have yellows (both for stupid things) and they can easily avoid getting another one, then they get subbed after an hour.

of course i would keep cuchu for the injured lucho.

by keeping the core of the team the same we should keep our momentum going by winning the game, topping the group, and building even more of a rhythm between our wonderful players:cool:

later in the tournament, we don't want to regret having taken this game lightly.

23. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    exactly........

24. kevinucho

kevinucho Member

Mar 3, 2005
    L.A., CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    whether roman is a good player or not, the bottom line is that the team is winning and working awesome as a team. lets leave it at that. i'm a river fan and personally i never understood riquelme's tactics but it always helps his teams win. i trust pekerman and feel that he knows pretty well what he is doing. i love aimar and would love to see him as our #10 but again i trust pekerman.

vamos todos! vamos la seleccion! vamos argentina papa!! dejen de hinchar sobre riquelme y alentemos al equipo hasta el final!

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina